Chapter 127 Ruberios
1.2k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rimuru- “Right, onto the next stop!”

I say as Ranga increases his size with all three of us already on his back.

Ranga’s tail is wagging so quickly, it looks like a white blur. He’s so eager to run. I almost feel bad for ruining his hopes.

I'm joking, I feel awful. I can feel my heart crack.

Mikoto- “So, where are we going?”

Rimuru- “To the Holy Empire of Ruberios. I need to talk to a certain student of Shizue’s.”

Mikoto doesn’t say anything as she processes the words I just spoke.

Mikoto- “… Shizue had other students!?”

Rimuru- “Hmm? I didn’t tell you? Shizue had two other students before she retired and became a teacher at Ingrassia. One of them is Yuuki Kagurazaka and the other is Hinata Sakaguchi.”

Illya- “Yuuki is the current Grandmaster of the Free Guild and Hinata is one of the Western Church’s Ten Great Saints. Both of them are otherworlders. We’re going to go talk with Hinata in Ruberios before going to Ingrassia. I need to get something out of the way first.”

Illya interjects with some additional information as Mikoto tries to digest this new knowledge, still shocked at the realisation that Shizue had some VERY successful students.

Mikoto- “Does that mean Shizue was really responsible…? *Flashback to Shizu causing mayhem in Avalon*… No… that’s not possible…”

I hear Mikoto muttering to hersef.

The reason I'm going to see Hinata is to inform her of what happened to her teacher Shizue. Originally, Yuuki, the crazy bastard, fed her false information saying that OG Rimuru killed Shizue with malicious intent.

Seeking revenge, she sought to kill OG Rimuru and almost succeeded if not for his plot armo- *Cough* if not for him tricking her. Even then, he barely escaped death. In the end, he was still delayed on his return to the city of Rimuru which *spoilers* led to many people dying including Shion.

I want to stop all that by telling Hinata what ACTUALLY happened, which should spare Avalon from her wrath.

That’s my plan at least.

Rimuru- “Oh yeah, and Yuuki is a psychopath that wants to destroy the world, but no one knows that.”

*Spark* *Fizzle…*

*Mikoto.exe has stopped working*

Rest in peace…

Ranga- ‘Ruberios? Unfortunately, I am unaware of its location. Master, Illya-sama, which direction should I go?’

Ranga eagerly asks with his tail wagging even faster.

God, I feel bad for saying this…

Rimuru- “Uhm… It’s even further than Ingrassia, which is already far as it is, so…”

Illya- “Ehehe… We’re gonna use a portal…”

*DONG*

I hear that dramatic bell as Ranga’s hopes disappear into ashes.

Feeling my soul threatening to shatter into pieces seeing him in this condition, I turn into my slime form and jump over Mikoto and Illya straight onto Ranga’s head.

Rimuru- “Cheer up bud. I’ll stay here for the rest of the journey there.”

Ranga- ‘*Sniff* Really…?’

Rimuru- “Umu.”

Ranga thankfully accepts my proposal and cheers up, if only a bit. Illya, who’s sitting in front of Mikoto, stares at my aerodynamic body with sparkling eyes… before she proceeds to poke it with her finger.

*Poke* *Poke* *Poke*

W-what is this… this feels so relaxing…

Who knew getting poked by a loli would be exactly what I need.

Illya- “Ehehe… Onii-chan is so soft…”

Oh dear, oh dear. Gorgeous.

Anyway, I get the special coordinates for the general location of our destination and I open a portal leading there and Ranga walks through. On the other side of the portal, we find ourselves in the middle of a sparse forest.

Using [Universal Sense], I find a road nearby and point it out to Ranga. He accelerates gradually and we quickly find ourselves at the well-treaded dirt road.

Now, which way do we go…

I could use the tried method of just letting the stick decide, but I have a better idea.

Rimuru- “Illya, do we go left or right?”

And that is to ask our resident GPS.

Illya- “Umm… Left.”

She looks around for a moment and then confidently tells us which way we should go before she goes back to poking me.

And so, Ranga starts running. Queue the boredom…

A few hours later…

We find ourselves coming up on a giant city surrounded by walls. There’s a fuck ton of white in that city, it’s like it’s made out of chalk. I can practically FEEL the holiness emanating off the walls.

It burns my soul. I feel like doing something productive for once. Disgusting.

The walls are white, the smooth pointed towering buildings you can see over the walls are also white. The people inside the city are, you guessed it, also white.

A little racist, not gonna lie.

Mikoto- “Rimuru…”

A newly recovered Mikoto calls out my name.

Rimuru- “I know…”

There’s a barrier covering the city. This barrier is specifically designed to keep monsters out. Not only that, there’s an even stronger sensory barrier covering the city that will warn any higher-ups of any monster that somehow gets past the first barrier.

Rimuru- “As expected of the Holy Empire of Ruberios…”

A massive empire that is the centre of the Western Holy Church, also known as the Luminous Faith, influencing all of the western countries except for a few.

Being the bane of monsters, of course, they would have barriers specialising in defence against them. 

If they didn’t, I would be honestly a bit disappointed…

Anyway, Mikoto is human, so she’s fine. As for Illya, although she isn't human, she definitely isn't a monster, so she also passes.

As for Ranga and I, well…

[Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Runes for the win…

In any case, the city is big. Like, really big. Much bigger than Blumund’s Royal Capital. Several big buildings look important, so finding one with Hinata Sakaguchi inside of it will be a bit of a pain-

Illya- “Found her.”

Rimuru- “Ooh! Already?”

I forgot that Illya is thankfully OP in situations like this.

Illya- “Yup! She’s pretty strong, so I just had to look for a large energy source. I found several, but I easily narrowed it down. She has really good control over her magicules though, I might’ve missed it if I wasn’t specifically looking for her…”

Really? That’s surprising. Illya is beyond a supercomputer. Even the slightest chance of evading her detection means you’re definitely skilled in hiding.

Well, that’s to be expected of Hinata, one of the strongest humans alive.

In the end, I just opened a portal directly inside of Ruberios Royal Capital’s walls with a concealment rune covering all of us.

Fuck the waiting line.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

A/N: Fuck the waiting line

MC: Yeah, fuck it.

AN: The waiting line at the hospital where people are on the verge of death? Nah, fuck that line, you stubbed your toe.

MC: Exactly.

*This is a joke because I cant think of anything to put here*

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/VJ8xR6Jh

34