Chapter 139 Meeting the students
1.1k 5 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five kids are standing in a group. One of them is standing on one of the wooden desks holding a sword (how the fuck did this child get his hands on a weapon) that still has plumes of flame lingering on its blade.

Obviously, that fireball was launched from that sword.

The other four kids are on the ground around him, looking at him with excited expressions. They were talking about the attack this Kenya kid just made.

Until I blew away the smoke revealing my figure.

Rimuru- “Was that supposed to do something?”

My face is covered with Shizue’s Mask as I stand there with my arms crossed in front of me.

???- “Geh! He’s still alive?”

???- “And completely unharmed too.”

???- “Kenya! Your attack was useless!”

???- “S-Shut up! I wasn’t serious then!”

My lips twitch and a sense of slight irritation rises up.

They’re talking like they were expecting me to die from that attack. That attack would’ve caused some serious damage to a normal person, but it wouldn’t have killed them. That Kenya kid wasn’t lying when he said he wasn’t serious.

Well, at least they weren't ACTUALLY trying to kill me.

But even so…

THAT ATTACK BARELY TICKLED! I’m not some kind of weakling that can't even tank a fireball!

Rimuru- “*Sigh*”

I sigh and go over the information again in my head. Five students are in the S Class and the oldest is 11 years old while the youngest is 9.

Kenya Misaki is a young 10-year-old boy with spiky orange hair and black eyes. Basically a knockoff Bakugo. I mean seriously, change the colour scheme a bit and they would look pretty much the same.

He’s also the little shit that fired the WEAK fireball at me.

I'm not salty.

Ryota Sekiguchi, another 10-year-old male.

(A/N: The wiki says he’s 8 but that’s bullshit. The novel and anime say he’s 10.)

This guy has black hair and eyes. If you add more black to him, he would look like your average emo. He’s the quiet kid of the class that goes crazy once you mess with him.

No seriously, he has a berserk skill.

Gale Gibson, an 11-year-old boy and is the oldest of the bunch. He has brown hair and eyes. He also has a pretty solid build compared to his peers, making it look like he’s older than his actual age.

Alice Rondo, 9 years old. This makes her the youngest of the group. She’s a girl. He has pink eyes and wavy blonde hair. In all honesty, she looks a little like Illya.

Just a little.

Plus Illya is cuter.

Illya- “Ehehe…”

And finally, Chloe Aubert herself. A 10-year-old girl. She has black hair and dark blue eyes.

There’s a much larger backstory to her too.

You see, she’s technically a time traveller. Well, more like a Regressor, going back in time to the same point again and again in an attempt to correct any mistakes and make the future better.

Well, she doesn’t have memories of that yet. Right now, she’s just a normal child.

Chloe- “… He looks a bit like Shizu-sensei.”

Chloe mutters to herself, but everyone else hears it.

Alice- “Hah? Really?”

Alice looks at me sceptically, trying to find a resemblance.

Well, I'm not a female, I'm wearing a mask and my hair is white so I can see where Alice is coming from. How Chloe could notice any resemblance with Shizue is what’s weird.

More anime bullshit, I guess…

Mikoto- “Arent they way too energetic? I thought they would be quite docile.”

Mikoto walks up next to me on my left as she looks at the kids with curiosity. Illya pokes her head out from behind me, blinking her large ruby eyes at them.

Rimuru- “Aside from Shizue, they chased away every other teacher sent to them. Although they’re quite close with Yuuki, he doesn’t have the time to look over them. Basically, they have trust issues.”

I don’t exactly explain why, but Mikoto being as smart as she is already figured it out.

They were forcefully summoned and then thrown away after being branded failures. Of course, they would have trust issues. Shizue was an amazing woman to earn that much admiration from these hardheaded brats.

Well, I'm going to piggyback off that trust to get them to trust me as well!

Thus, the mask.

Alice- “Wait, isn’t that…!”

Alice shouts and points at me. Or more specifically, the mask I'm wearing. This causes the other three (Chloe already noticed) to look closer and stare in shock as well.

It seems they finally noticed it!

Rimuru- “Yup, the one and only. I'm Shizu’s friend, I came here at her request.”

I say as I take off the mask and hide it behind my back before stuffing it in my [Gluttony] stomach. No one questions where it went.

Ryota- “Shizu-sensei?”

Gale- “Sir! Where is Shizu-sensei? Is she coming back!?”

Oof, there’s a sensitive topic. I don’t know why they never asked this question in the series. Maybe they already knew about Shizu’s death? And this is just an AU thing…

The other students look at me with expectant faces. Now, what should I say…

Mikoto- “Shizue died.”

Mikoto answers instead before I could say anything.

Kenya- “Impossible!”

Chloe- “Shizu-sensei…!”

They immediately denied it, shock, sadness and despair passing through their faces.

Mikoto- “It’s true. She didn’t get killed if that’s what you’re thinking.”

I mean…

Technically…

Mikoto- “She died naturally of old age. Regardless of how young she looked, she was reaching her limits. She left the Academy and went on a trip. We met her just before she died…”

Mikoto honestly stated what happened with a joyless face. The students fall silent.

I feel sorry for Mikoto, being the one to break the news. I gotta do something…

Rimuru- “… Well… she died, but she’s not exactly dead…”

I say while scratching the back of my head. The students look at me like I'm a fucking idiot.

Rimuru- “*Sigh*”

I swear, someone is forcing me to say things in fucking dumb ways...

(A/N: *Achoo!*)

I walk inside over to the teacher’s podium and invoke [Spatial Ruler], summoning a certain Hellcat from Avalon.

A portal appears into the air and a black cat with patches of red on her paws and ears and two tails with flames at the end falls out of it. She softly lands on her feet while looking around warily, wondering if she angered some kind of Eldrich God with her last ritual.

But then she saw me.

She then rolls onto her back, showing her stomach.

Shizu- “Mew!”

She meows and looks at me with those cute eyes.

.

.

.

She did something, didn’t she? And now she’s trying to get out of trouble by acting cute.

Doesn’t matter, now’s not the time.

Rimuru- “Students, meet-“

Chloe- “Shizu-sensei…!”

Chloe mutters again but her words send a shockwave through the other students’ minds.

Chloe… again… HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!?

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Cancel Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

I walk inside over to the teacher’s podium and invoke [Spatial Ruler], summoning a certain Hellcat from Avalon.

A portal appears into the air and a black cat with patches of red on her paws and ears and two tails with flames at the end falls out of it. She softly lands on her feet while looking around warily, wondering if she angered some kind of Eldrich God with her last ritual.

But then she saw me.

Shizu- "NYAAAAA!"

Shizu screams like she saw death itself.

-

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/2gbDyUzs

42