Chapter 141 Mock battle
1.1k 6 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mikoto and I decided to hold a mock combat battle with Shizu’s students.

To be honest, either Mikoto or I could win against these kids without breaking much of a sweat. So why did she suggest that we should both team up against them?

Well, for one, I don’t think the kids would take it too well to win under such “unfair” conditions solo. It would be a little better if it seemed like I had to get some help.

And it’s not like I could sit this one out either. As much as it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, this is mostly all about me. I'm the one that promised Shizue to save the kids and I'm the one that took steps to fulfil that promise. Therefore, I should be the one to finish this.

At least, that’s what I'm getting from Mikoto’s thought process.

She’s prideful and wouldn’t feel happy if she just finished my work for me. It would be like stealing the spotlight.

Again, that’s her thought process.

In all honesty, I don’t mind someone else taking my work and finishing it. I mean, that means less work for me, so…

As for why Mikoto want to join me…

*Spark*

Mikoto- “Now then, I wonder how strong these brats are…”

Do you really think that Mikoto would want to sit something like this out?

As for Illya, the kids believe that she is her age so they trust her more than me, so she’s not fighting.

Although I reverted back to my “normal form”, so I look more like a teenager, but they don’t care. Should I bust out my “cool guy form” again…?

Illya- “Start!”

Oops, now is not the time.

First, Kenya immediately rushes forward while drawing out his sword. Flame coats the blade, leaving a trail of embers in the air. Looking behind him, the other student's arent moving. It seems they agreed to only go one at a time.

Heh. They’re looking down on us.

Mikoto- “Only you?”

Mikoto asks Kenya while stepping forward.

Kenya- “I'm strong enough! I’ll win this myself!”

Mikoto- “Not a good decision.”

She raises her hand with two fingers pointing towards Kenya. She flicks upwards her fingers, causing small sparks of electricity to appear on Kenya's sword.

The sword then proceeds to fly out of his grasp into the air.

Kenya- “Wha-!?”

His sword easily falls into Mikoto’s hand as she catches it out of the air by its grip.

Mikoto- “A small suggestion. I saw how you use this sword as a method to channel your flames. Don’t limit yourself to just that.”

Mikoto playfully says while inspecting the edge of the sword in her hand.

Kenya- “Shut up! Shizu-sensei’s techniques are the best!”

Mikoto- “But Shizue didn’t just light her sword on fire and swing it around, did she?”

True. Shizue was fused with the Greater Spirit Ifrit, she could do a lot more than wave around a sharp flaming stick.

Kenya glares at Mikoto with eyes that threaten to spill tears and clenches his fist. He then turns around to his comrades and shouts.

Kenya- “You guys! Help me out a bit!”

Alice- “Yare yare, you’re hopeless arent you.”

Alice says while shrugging with a teasing smile.

Kenya- “Shut up! This old hag stole my sword!”

.

.

.

Ofuk.

Mikoto- “Old… hag…?”

Rimuru- “Mikoto, calm down…”

I try to placate an angry Mikoto who thankfully listens. In the meantime, the other four students stand beside Kenya and prepare their own attacks.

Gale gathers his yellow magicules into his palms and forms energy bolts, ready to fire at a moments notice.

Ryota lowers his body as he slowly circulates magicules within his body. He’s more of a berserker, surprisingly. He can increase his physical abilities, but he loses his rationality. Because of this, he won't use it yet.

Chloe holds up the picture book she always carries. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems she’s using it as a temporary medium to cast magic.

Alice takes out some toy plushies from under her long hair (I swear every anime character has a hammerspace behind their back or some shit). She throws those dolls into the air and they begin floating. If I remember correctly, she’s some kind of puppet master.

As for Kenya… he just stands there.

Kenya- “U-Uhm… can I have my sword back?”

Mikoto- “Hmm? Yeah, sure.”

Mikoto casually controls the sword to fly over to Kenya, embedding itself into the ground at his feet. Without any drama, he takes the sword out of the ground and points it towards us.

Looking at them, I can hear the Avengers theme song in the background…

Mikoto and I look at them with amused smiles on our faces.

Rimuru- “… Shall we?”

Mikoto- “We shall.”

I then proceed to dash forward towards the students while Mikoto waves her hand as electricity sparks around her body and the ground near her.

Iron sand begins to gather around her before they shoot towards the students next to me.

I mean, Mikoto can't use her lightning here. It’s fucking lightning, you can't expect the kids to dodge that shit.

Gale throws his energy bolts forward with enough force to break through a magically reinforced wall and Ryota goes berserk, causing his eyes to turn red and a green aura to surround him, giving him a powerful, feral feel.

Kenya raises his sword, lighting it on fire again. Regardless of Mikoto’s advice, it’s not like he can learn how to utilise fire outside of what he’s used to mid-battle. He begins swinging his sword, sending waves of scorching flames towards me.

Alice controls her puppets to rush forward and hinder my movements. The puppets move with such speeds that would’ve caused trouble to your veteran B Rank adventurer. If she were controlling something more ‘lethal’, she would’ve easily become a one-man army even if she doesn’t have a Unique Skill.

As for Chloe, she begins chanting. A blue magic circle forms on her book. Water gathers around her, flowing smoothly through the air like she’s creating art. But that just shows how much control she has over her spell. It’s something even a veteran magician would find hard to do.

The tendrils of water shoot off towards me. If the runes on the magic circle are correct, this is this same Water Prison skill she used in the anime. It would trap me in a sphere of water before she could choose to shred my body with blades of water.

Like a blender.

What a fearsome child… and if I remember correctly, her talent lies in swordsmanship as well as magic. A magic swordsman, in other words.

All of these kids are powerful, it’s not good to underestimate them, especially with my restricted physical stats from my Limiter Ring.

I reach the students and the iron sand protects me from anything I choose not to avoid. I trust Mikoto.

Rimuru- “Shall I have some fun…?”

I say with a grin. Mikoto matches my grin from behind me and Illya just facepalms.

Ranga is just being Ranga, fanboying over me.

And so we proceeded to beat the shit out of all of them.

I'm joking.

We still won though.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Cancel Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

A/N: Not gonna write the fight scene. I feel like there are too many people here and I'm not confident about keeping up with everything.

I should've just made it a one on one like in the anime, but I wanted it to be different, in the end, I bit off more than I could chew.

RIP.

As for why MC isnt here? He is currently beating the shi- *Cough* showing the kids his limited strength.

Let me know if I missed anything!

https://discord.gg/2gbDyUzs

38