Chapter 173 Shion is back!
1k 7 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

These souls can be useful. Specifically, I want to see if I can become a Demon Lord with these souls.

Illya- ‘Why do you want to become a Demon Lord anyway, Onii-chan?’

.

.

.

Rimuru- “… I don’t know.”

I know that you normally become one by reaching a certain power level, receiving a Demon Lord Seed, feeding that seed with thousands of souls before that seed “blooms” and you become an official Demon Lord.

It should work similarly for me… Maybe? I don’t know, but that’s not important.

The point is, OG Rimuru became a Demon Lord so I thought I might as well become one to get stronger, but…

Rimuru- “… Now that I think about it, I'm pretty strong already, this whole thing with Bryce happened because I got too complacent. I could’ve done so much more like using my clones, creating more items, placing more runes…”

I could’ve done so, so much more…

Plus, as I think more about becoming a Demon Lord…

Rimuru- “… It kinda seems like a pain to deal with.”

All the shit I have to go through when I become a Demon Lord… I don’t wanna deal with all that.

Illya- ‘So… do we keep the souls or let them go?’

Rimuru- “Hmm… Meh. Keep them.”

I mean, I went out of my way to collect them all. Might as well keep them stashed in the corner of my [Belzebuth] stomach.

Having no reason to stay here any longer, I invoke [Spatial Ruler] and teleport back to Avalon.

I appear in front of my house. It’s the same house that I lived in ever since I made it. It’s a large Japanese style mansion. I made it on the day Shizue first arrived in my village to make her stay as comfortable as possible before she… you know… combusted.

Well, I consumed her body before it came to that.

In any case, it became a home for me, Mikoto, Illya and Shizu. Occasionally, I invite my subordinates over to have some fun.

And now, everyone should be inside.

But before that…

Rimuru- “Illya.”

With a stream of magicules, Illya reforms back into her normal loli form next to me.

My hand unconsciously raises and drops on her head. Like a cat, she pushes up against my hand. I take off Shizue's Mask and store it away.

Quickly walking inside, we reach the living room where I find everyone of importance. Rigurd, Geld, Vesta, Kaijin, Gabil, Treyni, Benimaru, Soei, Hakurou, Shuna, Kurobe, Shizu and even Gobuta, Orc Jeff and Goblin Jeff are here too.

(A/N: Did I miss anyone? I keep feeling that I did…)

I have no idea how the last three got in here but I don’t have time for this so I ignore them and turn my attention to the still body laying on the couch.

Everyone else who was standing around them with solemn expressions registers my presence and very quickly, hope fills their eyes.

Rigurd- “Rimuru-sama…”

I hold up my hand, and Rigurd stops speaking. It’s a signal saying that I can handle this.

First things first, I should take care of Shion before I take care of Mikoto. There’s no other reason other than the fact that dealing with Shion is easier.

From my [Belzebuth] stomach, I take out Shion’s body and lay it down on a spare couch off to the side.

Her body appears in a cloud of black mist unique to [Belzebuth]. She looks like she’s just sleeping with how peaceful her expression is.

Any kind of dirt, blood, and debris was cleaned off her while in my stomach, so she looks flawless. Not even her clothes are damaged.

Holding my hands out, a familiar white ball of light appears in my hands. Shion’s soul. I look towards Illya and nod.

Illya replies with her own nod and closes her eyes.

Slowly, her body begins to shine with a bright light. It’s very similar to her magical girl transformation, but it’s a bit different.

The light covers her body before quickly bursting into small motes of light, revealing Illya in her new form.

Illya’s transformation ability has three forms.

One is her casual form which she spends the most time in.

The other is in her Magical Girl form which she mostly uses for combat purposes.

And finally the last is her Dress of Heaven form that lets her use her full powers as a Manas that specialises in the soul.

It’s not like she NEEDS to use her Dress of Heaven form, but this is a good of a chance as any to use it, so she might as well.

With a white crown that is lined with gold, Illya is now wearing a cute white outfit lined with red and gold.

(A/N: Can't be fucked describing it in detail, just look it up. She looks cute af.)

Illya raises her hands that are covered with her overly large sleeves towards the soul in my hand. It floats over Shion’s chest and lowers into her body under Illya’s influence and quickly binds back with her body.

Rimuru- ‘Sorry for being such a slave driver, but you’re not done serving me yet, Shion.’

Writing a simple revival rune with [Scathach], her shattered heart regenerates quickly and starts to beat again. Slowly, she starts to breathe.

Everyone behind me watches with anticipation.

Shion’s eyelids twitch a bit. Slowly, her eyes open revealing her amethyst purple eyes that match her hair.

She looks around, with half-open eyes, taking in her surroundings as she tries to make sense of what is going on.

She eventually looks up at me. She just stares. Slowly, her eyes widen as she pieces together what happened.

I smile.

Rimuru- “Welcome back Shi-“

Shion- “Rimuru-samaaaaaa~!”

And then without warning, Shion leaps towards me while screaming my name before my vision goes dark as Shion’s breasts envelop my face.

*Darksouls death sound*

YOU DIED.

Shuna- “Shion! Leave Rimuru-sama alone!”

Illya- “Hands off my Onii-chan!”

Shuna tries to pull Shion off of me with Illya’s assistance, but Shion’s vice grip around my head isn't letting go any time soon.

Shion- “Rimuru-sama! I knew you would save me!”

I wonder why. I don’t need to breathe, but it feels like I'm suffocating!

I turn into my slime form to slip out of her grip while I relish in the ability to breathe again (but this body doesn’t need air…).

I weave through everyone’s legs quickly and find myself face to face with Mikoto’s unconscious body.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, Dragon Slayer, Sensei

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Cancel Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack] [Natural Attack Resistance]

Equipment: Yamato

 

A/N: Shion is back! Few chapters we focus on Mikoto's revival.

MC: *Strangled by Shion* H-help me!

AN: *Ptui!* Scum! 

*whispering* Im jealous tho....

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/Y7YyQksH

35