Chapter 216 The egg hatched
904 7 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I just finished making Babel Tower and monologued about the future features of the dungeon beneath it. I am currently admiring my work along with Ramiris, who is eager to get started.

Ramiris- “I won't have to be a jobless shut-in anymore! I will just be a normal shut-in!”

Unfortunately, she will have to wait because something is happening with Milim. Or rather, something is happening to Gaia’s egg in Milim’s arms.

*Crack*

Milim- “OH NO!”

I ignored Milim’s accidental Jojo reference in favour of comprehending why exactly she was screaming.

I turn to look at her, and…

Rimuru- “… Well… Shit.”

I see Gaia’s egg on the floor with cracks running all around its white shell.

Milim- “Rimuru! What do I do nanoda!”

Milim looks at me with teary eyes while kneeling next to the cracked egg, her hands hovering just above it, too scared to accidentally damage it even more.

Rimuru- “… Did you drop it?”

Milim sniffs and nods her head as tears threaten to leak from her eyes.

Fuckin hell, that’s cute.

Milim- “I was holding it, but it suddenly moved and slipped out of my hands…”

Milim was on the verge of crying when Illya walks forward and kneels next to Milim, looking excitedly at the egg.

Illya- “Don’t worry, Milim! It’s going to be fine! It’s already hatching now!”

Milim- “Eh!? Really!?”

Immediately, any signs of tears disappear from her eyes and she also looks at the slightly shaking egg with excited eyes and a happy-go-lucky smile.

What are these mood swings…

Mikoto also looks at the hatching egg with curious eyes after walking next to me. Without warning, I hold her hand, causing her to stiffen before slowly relaxing.

I look down at our hands to check on something.

Yup, as expected, it’s censored. There will be no uncensored handholding!

Velophis, however, is looking at the egg with the most curiosity out of us all. It’s to be expected, as she herself is a True Dragon.

*Crack*

The egg shakes a little more as the shell is pushed out a little more from the inside, the cracks along the surface of the shell spreading.

*CRACK!*

With one final push, the shell breaks, revealing a little tiny lizard with little tiny wings.

Unfortunately, that action also sent its eggshells flying through the air.

And, you know… there’s usually a lot of mucus covering a newly hatched baby animal. The little True Dragon… is not different.

The shells rained on the two loli’s closest to it at the time, also carrying some of that mucus.

Milim and Illya.

Illya- “Ewwww! There’s slime! Gross!”

Illya jumped away, wiping her face and doing her best to get all the gross sticky stuff off her.

(A/N: It is not slime! It is mucus!)

Milim, on the other hand, doesn’t seem to give a shit. She leaps forward and grabs the little dragon in her arms, ignoring her own cleanliness, her happiness overwhelming any other desire.

Milim- “Gaiaaaaa! This is definitely Gaia nanoda! He looks exactly the same!”

She hugs the dragon tightly, swinging him around.

It would be heartwarming to see this if not for the gross slimy sounds that happen whenever she rubs her cheeks against him.

Speaking of which, Gaia… doesn’t look like what I expected him to. He looks more “comedic” than “menacing”. He’s got a large lower body and legs with an equally large head.

It’s mainly purple, with a darker shade making up for its underbelly and wings. Said wings are also pretty small, definitely not flight worthy.

Velophis, seeing the little dragon, stares at it before she points her nose slightly up into the air, an aura of smugness and superiority emanating off her. The ends of her lips lift up into a barely noticeable smug smile.

Velophis- “Heh…”

Oh my god, she’s turning into a rebellious teenager!

Hurry! I must use the countermeasures I placed!

Meat buns, go!

I create a beat bun and throw it at Velophis, accurately hitting her forehead. It slides off and she catches it, looks at it, looks at me, looks back at it, and then eats it, completely losing her smug aura.

Phew! Safe!

In any case, I write some runes and flick them towards Milim and Gaia, instantly cleaning them off from their slime- I mean mucus.

Illya already used her limited control over [Azathoth] to phase herself out of reality for a second, leaving the mucus behind. The mucus just fell to the ground and Illya returned mucus-free.

She walks over to me and I end up giving her head pats.

Illya- “Still, I wasn’t expecting Velophis to speed up Gaia’s hatching.”

.

.

.

Rimuru- “Velophis did fucking what now?”

Illya- “I'm saying Gaia shouldn’t have hatched yet, but apparently, Velophis was speeding up its hatching process.”

Illya lazily says as she closes her eyes and embraces the feeling of my head pats.

Now, I kinda expected Milim to want to coddle and baby Gaia some more.

Milim- “Let’s go on an adventure!”

I was wrong.

Mikoto- “Woah Woah Woah! Gaia was just born, right? Why are you suddenly taking him on an adventure?”

Milim- “Wahaha! You don’t need to worry about that nanoda! I have it covered! Besides, it’s necessary! Dragons are apex predators, and they are also very prideful. They will only ever eat food that they themselves hunted! So we gotta teach him how to hunt nanoda!”

Gaia- “Gawr.”

Milim- “See! Even little Gaia agrees!”

Mikoto- “I think he’s just hungry…”

In the end, I just made a little sheep monster called a Rammid for the little dragon to kill and eat. It’s a rather harmless monster.

It’s a bit weird though since Spiritual Beings don’t need to eat. Maybe it can turn food into energy to speed up its growth?

Gaia used its innate control over gravity to hold it in place before killing it with an earth spear.

It leapt out of Milim’s arms and started eating it.

It didn’t even take a full minute before the sheep monster over five times Gaia’s size disappeared into his stomach.

Gaia- “*Burp*”

Well, that’s done.

Ramiris- “So… what now?”

.

.

.

Rimuru- “Hot spring?”

Mikoto- “No.”

Awww…

Mikoto- “I'm not letting anyone else see you… n… n-n-naked…”

I turn my head to see Mikoto’s face generating enough heat to match a nuclear reactor, fidgeting and looking towards the ground, avoiding my gaze.

To this, I only had one thing I could do.

I swept her off her feet, literally, and carried her in a princess carry before teleporting away.

I'm having this damn hot spring experience with a girl, one way or another.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, True Dragon Slayer, Sensei, World's Strongest, Overpowered to a stupid degree, Mikoto's Equal

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Yahweh, God of Creation], [Odin, God of Runes], [Azathoth, God of Void (Alternative)]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

 

A/N: I feel like this chapter is subpar. I dont like it...

MC: Then rewrite it, dumbass.

AN: Pfft nope.

ALSO I realised Im a fucking dumbass that can't do basic math.

I got the size of Babel Tower wrong, I went back and changed it. Here are the changes:

... I stare at the now-empty plot of land that's around 40,000 meters squared in area, 200 meters for each dimension...

...

Standing in the massive plot of land is a tall building. No, it’s a tower.

Made out of stone, over 10,000 meters squared at its base and over 1000 meters high...

And that's it.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/FXHEXH53

28