A new life
129 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Villainess?

The Villainess?!

Ha!...

Haha...

This couldn't be real

This wouldn't be real!

Is this what that guy said? 'I'll let you live in the place you loved the most when you were alive'  He meant this???!!

Ah..after all this thinking, I feel very sleepy.

No! I need to curse out that 'Crown Prince' or something! I can't fall asleep!

Oh,... I feel my eye-lids clos-......

In the middle of thinking, I fell asleep.

.

.

A few days later

.

.

So. What I gathered from my few days of staying here is:

-I'm inside the novel 'In a world of her own'

-I'm the Villainess

-I'm so going to kill that guy in the underworld

But strangely, everything felt familiar. Having elf ears, all the maids surrounding me; invading my privacy. And having my privacy invaded is something I hated the most, but it was familiar. I don't know why though.

It's bad enough to be a baby, but it's worse to feel sleepy all the time. I can't even think properly half of the time.

*Yawn* No! No! Don't rock the cradle, it's making me feel sle- *Yaaaawwn* -epy, sleep would be nice though.....

And l fell asleep like that.

Once again.

.

.

A few months later

.

.

Life is great!

Oh wait, I died...

Anyway, I'm living right now, so everything's alright.

Many people might wonder, 

'You had a life before!'

'In your own body!'

No. I didn't have a life back in that body. I woke up every day disappointed, that I had not died. It was that kind of life.

I wasn't living, I was just.... existing.

I never want to go back to that life and world, where even my own parent didn't care for me.

Speaking about parents, my mom's visits have decreased visibly lately, she's almost not visiting me at all, what happened?

"...growing worse"

".... won't survive until winter"

I heard low talking coming from the other side of my room where all my maids were gathered talking about something. I strained my super-sensitive elf ears to hear what they were saying clearly. Also, I'm proud to say that my eyesight had improved a lot in the past few months so I could also see the maids talking, if not clearly.

"I can't believe this happened to Elder Miss!" A short maid exclaimed

"I know... she was such a sweet lady" A maid who looked really young sighed

"I think her pregnancy has caused this to happen," a tall one said, seemingly in deep thought

"Elder Miss was already very weak and then after the pregnancy..." the young one spoke once again

I think by now I get a whiff of what's actually happening...

Shit.

I never thought this moment would come so soon...

I mean!- I'm barely 7 months old and the novel's throwing this at me?!

Krystal's dad hated her because she was the cause of her mom's death. So basically, her mother was a very frail lady that would fall seriously ill even if she had a small cold that was not treated properly. After she gave birth to Krystal, she fell ill and by ill I mean it was life-threatening and she didn't live past this winter...

For that reason, her father, the Duke hated Krystal and didn't pay any attention to her at all, he let her do whatever she wants as long as doesn't interfere his way. That was one of the reasons why she became the villainess she was, there was no one to stop her either.

So basically that what's happening right now... 

Just that it happened yet, so I have like one more month left for my mother to... die. Why are all my mothers dying so early? 

'No, this time I won't let anything happen to my mother, I swear' I thought confidently 

'But how though?'

Ah... I forgot I was just a baby that could barely move without any help. But my father... he could possibly help. The novel had said that there was something called the Healers but they were so very rare there's only one of them in the whole world every generation and not many people knew about them.

Healers were the people who got the legendary magic ability, Healing. With this ability, they could heal any disease no matter how severe and could bring back the dead but only if they were dead for less than 3 days.

My father was the duke, only second to the King... so he should have some sort of connections to people right? But how do I tell him this?

I don't care let's just go right now.

I tried to raise my hands and hit the plastic toy in my hand against the cradle to tell the maids that I wanted to go to my father but none of them even batted an eye towards my direction.

I tried once again, this time, trying to call out to them in an attempt to call them over but all that came out of my mouth was "OoOo GaAa GoOoOo" 

What the hell?

Oh. right. I'm a baby now.

How could I even forget that?!?!

It's been more than 6 months!!

Finally, one of the maids, the one that looked like the youngest, turned towards me and put on a sweet smile while walking towards me "What do you want, miss?"

"OoOoOpPpPTtTt" I tried ( Translation: Out )

Why is talking without teeth so difficult??!!

"Out? Miss wants to take a walk?" asked the maid, miraculously understanding what I just... said(?)

She softly picked me up and went to the wardrobe to pick a proper outfit for me to go out in 

'Even 7-month-olds have to dress properly to go out? Tut, tut Nobles'

"Now, where does our little miss want to go?" she said after I was dressed in some kind of very fancy, uncomfortable dress

I pointed to the direction of my dad's office and if you're going to ask how I know the way my dad took me there once, and not to boast, I have great memory even as a baby *non-existent hairflip*

"Okay..." she said as she started walking in that direction. After a few twists and turns (Which I, *ahem* brilliantly guided her through) we reached my dad's office I abruptly said(?) "GaAaAaAaA" [(official) translation: Stooooop]

It seems that the knowledgeable maid understood what I was saying(?) and stopped right in front of my dad's office's double doors.

"Oh. Does Miss want to meet her father? But what can I do? The duke has strictly instructed the maids to keep you out of his sight..." she said completely unsure whether to abide by the instructions of her master or listen to my whims, the daughter of her master.

It was honestly a very difficult thing I was asking her to do... My father was technically the sweetest person in this entire universe.

But only when he's happy.

He is most of the time, but when he gets angry or someone disobeys his orders... he can get real scary. And I sort of felt sorry for the maid, but I really needed to save my mother so I had had no other choice.

"GaAaAaAaAa" I asked trying to show her my puppy eyes wishing she would just fall for it ( translation: Pleaseeee )

"I-" the maid started but soon gave in and knocked on the door 

I smiled, pleased with my performance in manipulating the maid to let me see my father against his wishes.

But there was no answer heard for about 5 minutes, well it probably wasn't that long but it felt like at least 5 minutes, suddenly a come in was heard and the maid slowly opened the door making the slightest of noise and closed it in the same way.

When she finally turned towards my father, who was sitting behind the large marble desk and signing some documents, saw me and his neutral face contorted into one of pure rage just for a second before turning back into the neutral one.

He looked back down to his papers. "What is that doing here?"

"I-I T-the Young M-miss wanted to c-come here" she stuttered because of the coldness of her master's voice. 

"It seems the baby can talk already," he said, as he let the pen in his hand drop onto the table and looked towards the maid with an icy glare.

"T-the Y-young Miss cannot talk y-yet," she said quietly

I could feel her shivering lightly as she held me close in a protective way as if she thought my father was going to come and harm me.

"THEN ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THAT U BOUGHT THAT HERE ON YOUR OWN ACCORD WHEN I CLEARLY TOLD YOU TO NOT TO?!" he yelled, his straight face falling and the rage concealed behind that finally coming out

By now, the young maid was visibly trembling as she looked down to hide the tears forming in her eyes.

And that guy- my father- wasn't he going a bit overboard? Ok, alright. I get it. His wife is on her deathbed and he must be angry and frustrated that he can't do anything for her BUT that does not give him the right to vent that anger out on everybody. He should realize that it's not just his wife that is lying on that bed, but also my mother and the treasured mistress of all her maids.

"GaA gOo OoO" I said(?) as I pointed towards the ground ( translation: Put me down )

The maid interpreted what I was trying to tell and slowly put me on the ground making sure I don't accidentally fall to the floor.

As much as I wanted to beat some common sense and some sympathy along the way into my father, first things first. I need to save my mother, after that... I can do whatever I want. Hopefully.

I was lying on my stomach on the floor and I decided to try and crawl towards my father since he didn't even want to see me, I don't think he'll want to hold me. But as soon as I tried to get my body on all my fours, I realized why babies don't really start crawling at 6 months old. 

A baby's muscles aren't fully developed to carry their body weight, so basically trying to crawl all the way to a marble desk that looked like it was on the other end of the world is entirely impossible even with my newfound elf strength.

So I decided to try another method. Which was trying to pull myself forward with just my hands. I put one hand in front of another and tried pulling myself and even if it was hard, it was doable let's just hope I have enough strength to get there.

Ow.

Owww.

Owieeee.

Damn. This shit is painful.

My hands didn't have much strength left after pulling myself forward about 200 centimeters, I felt like my arms were about to fall off and had to pause for a bit before trying once again and the cold floor beneath me didn't help at all as I did all this.

I looked forward a few times and that cruel asshole called a duke aka my father didn't even bat an eye after seeing a baby struggling so much to get to HIM.

 Oh my god, I'm seriously going to kill him after I'm done with that Underworld Guy.

And after centuries, millennias and eons of torture and pain I finally reached the Ice King who was sitting at his marble desk still observing me carefully instead of lending me a bit of help.

But as I got closer, I noticed something. My father's eyes had dark circles around them and it looked puffy as if he had been crying and the tip of his nose was a light red. He had been crying. It was plain as day... was it because of mother?

Well, it made sense because my parent's love story was like a literal fairytale honestly

A handsome, cold duke who had NO interest in girls meets a beautiful noble girl that was different from all the other ladies he had seen, but this girl has zero interest in him and but various chance encounterings and a few cliche 'damsel in distress' scenes they overcome all obstacles in their way and find true love. The end. 

Yes. Cliche I know. 

But I could understand his pain, I had lost a loved person too...

And I didn't want to lose anyone who I held close to me anymore. 

And talking about not losing, I need to tell my father about the healers well.. that was the reason I came here in the first place. But I really felt the need to comfort him....

I tried to hold onto the chair's legs for some kind of help and after some failed (and painful) attempts to stand up,  I finally did it and carefully put my free hand on my father's hand that was resting on the chair's armrests and softly tried to pat it.

Well, at least I tried cheering him up.

Now, I need to tell him about the healers.... at least try to tell... I cant trust my toothless mouth to relay the message properly.

"MaAaAtTtoOo" I tried saying ( translation: Mother )

My father looked confused for a moment before trying to repeat what I just tried to say "Mato?....Mother?"

I nodded slightly before continuing thankful that my father could guess properly "EeEeEeeddDdD" ( translation: needs )

"ed?... feed?"

I shook my head

"....need?"

I nodded relieved "...BbBbeEeLeLeAaA"

"eh? bela?"

I sighed and tried once again trying to get the pronunciation right "BeeiLlaLAaAarRrR"

"beilar?..... beggar?"

Ughhhh. I shook my head

"....um..... beilar?..." he suddenly gasped "Healer!!!!"

I smiled as I nodded feeling a weight lift off my shoulder when suddenly I lost balance and was about to hit the cold marble floor when two warm hands caught me and raised me into the air, I looked down to my fathers face that was beaming with pride, all signs of the previous anger gone. Vanished.

"My daughter is a genius!!" he said proudly as he smiled softly at me.

Talk about dual personality.

*   *   *

Author's note:

"Drumroll please"

I have updated.

that's it.

I have nothing to say for this a/n apparently. Nothing really happened honestly, most of the problem being that it's my vacation and instead of going out around I'm stuck inside my house.

Stupid Corona.

Anyway, I hope all of you like this chapter❤❤

Thanks for reading :)

Please like and comment❤

Word count: 2513

*   *   *

6