New-found Powers
108 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After my father had calmed down from his (sudden) fawning over me. He stood and gave me to the maid after calling her over to his table.

He immediately sat down and started tapping his pen against the table rapidly as he called out orders to his assistant most of which was said so fast I could barely keep up with what he was saying.

"Go to the Eastern Kingdom..."
"List of Mages..."
".......call.....High Priests"

The maid said a quick 'I'll take my leave now' and went out immediately after receiving his permission.

She let out a huge breath "That could have been so dangerous"

I avoided her eye contact, embarrassed mostly because I had dragged her into this all this and gave her all that needless trouble.

As she walked back towards my room, I passed a very extravagant and beautiful double door. It felt unsettlingly familiar, sort of like deja vu but in a bad way.

I quickly pointed towards those doors, the maid looked seriously scared this time and I wondered what was behind those door for her to be this frightened.

"M-miss thats the Elder Miss's room and you are not allowed to enter" she said, slightly shivering.

I persistently pointed towards that door, first of all, I needed to see what in that room was making me feel so uneasy and second of all if my own mother was dying and I never even went once to visit on her deathbed would be a bit too cruel right?

The maid gulped. "A-alright Miss"

She walked over to the huge door and hit on it with the knocker which was also just as beautifully designed as the rest of the door.

"Who's there?" came a stiff voice that sounded like it belonged to a woman in her mid-40s from behind the door.

"The Young Miss wanted to see the Elder Miss," the maid said sounding like she was putting all that remained as her courage into that one sentence.

The door creaked open and a woman who looked as thin as a stick with a tight bun stepped out. A typical strict lady look.

As I thought about it, the details that were just vaguely mentioned in the book turned out to be exceptional cliches. For example; my mother- the duchess's- room made very fancy and this strictly looking woman who I presume to be the head maid, these are all overly used.

Like someone had written all this in a hurry.

"The Young Miss cannot enter. Duke's orders" she said confidently as if she didn't expect any argument to made after she said this

Well, she thought wrong.

The young maid after listening ot what that lady said, lowly started to back away. But before she could completely go out of the sight of the lady, I quickly said(???) what came first into my mind "GoO GaAaA OoOoOo GaAaAa GGGOOO" [ translation: I wanna go in there, ain't nothing you can do about that ]

The lady looked at me with an expression of complete surprise on her face before returning to that stern look once again.

"Go.back." she said

"Goo Gaa GgGoO" [ translation: I'll throw a tantrum ] I tried once again mostly because I needed to do anything to get in there

"Back." the lady said, unrelenting

"Ooo GAa GgAaA" [ translation: You bought this on yourself ] I took a deep breath, readying myself.

"WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I yelled on the top of my lungs and I dont know if its because I'm an elf or its just because baby have a more high-pitched voice that adults, I could scream pretty loudly

The lady covered her ears with her hands and squeezed her eyes shut and the maid looked as if all she wanted to do was to drop me on the ground and run away for her life.

"Be quiet, please! The Elder Miss need to rest!!" came a deep voice from inside

I shut up after a few more seconds of screaming and by then I had a feeling that lady would be more than willing to let me in and I was right when I heard a 'come in'

As I went in I saw a room straight out of a Disney movie, and I hated it. Everything was pink! Ohmygod. Why is everything so pink and frilly???!! I don't know how all the maids stand in this room every single day, like can you imagine that?!

I looked around and finally, my eyes settled on a tall, dark person that was standing right next to my mother's bed. He had bright, golden eyes which contrasted with his dark skin and hair but it made him look even more beautiful. I could hear a soft 'thump thump' from somewhere, I looked above to face of the maid that was carrying me and strangely her face was a bright shade of red as she walked towards him.

Oh wait-

No way.

Oh my goooooood

We're going to have a new couple!!!!!

Fufufufufufufufu

"The Royal Doctor at your service," he said as he bowed slightly with a smile

"O-oh" the maid stuttered

I left those two to flirt for themselves and looked towards my mother, she most definitely didn't look well. Her skin was pale to an unhealthy point, there were dark circles around her eyes and her breathing looked extremely unsteady, if I didn't know better I would have thought she was already dead.

And I felt terrible.

I had done this.

Even though I had no choice, I'm the root cause of all this... my father had all the right to be angry at me. Why...? Just when I thought I had found a family I could finally be happy with, just when I thought everything in my life would be alright...

Why is everything in my life going wrong? Was it wrong for me to wish I had an ordinary, happy life for once?

I felt tears clouding my vision as my thoughts went to the most depressing of places. I couldn't stop the tears as they flowed from my eyes like a waterfall.

But instead of falling down and getting soaked in my clothes, all my teardrops had floated up in front of me and melted together to form one huge waterdrop... which was seemingly glowing in a warm green colour.

It then floated on top of my mother's body and suddenly green-coloured water tendrils sprouted from that one droplet and wrapped all around my mother covering her in a green hue. After a few seconds, all of the tendrils disintegrated into green sparkles and vanished like they never existed in the first place.

And just a moment later my mother took in a deep breath, her skin colour returning to its normal shade.

And another moment later I heard something fall to the ground with a loud crash. The maid quickly turned around towards the sounds and because of that, it gave me a better view of what happened. Turns out, the doctor dropped his first-aid box ( I have no clue what that is called in this world )

"T-the Young M-miss id a H-h-healer" he stuttered, barely able to get the words out

Ehhh?!

I'm a what now??!!!

A healer?!!!

*    *    *

Author's note:

Wow, this chapter was short.

And wow, today's A/n will be short too

So basically, I want to thank all of you for all the reads I got :) 

I have more than 500 views and thank you everyone for making that happen❤❤

Also all you guys stay safe and I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter :)

Please vote and comment❤

Word count: 1310

*    *    *

6