Old Version – Chapter 38 – Your Word is Sacred
313 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“We made it.” Jaana’s mother slowly let out her breath and spoke for the first time on the entire trip. Sami looked at his concubine, and smiled a bit.

“It was guaranteed. The goddess would make sure our daughter lived.” She nodded a bit, which made him take a good look at her.

Sami had not married her, nor had he taken on another wife. His busy life made that near impossible. When he reached fifty years of age, this quiet woman had attracted him enough to offer this small relationship.

Delia, although in her late twenties, and considered by society to be well beyond the marriageable age, was not the type to seek high stations, or to hug a thick thigh. Once a week, he went to her food stall to eat. She was kind and courteous, and made sure his food was freshly made each time.

Sami became impressed with her thoughtfulness towards him. He rarely had time for a good meal, so he started to eat all his lunch meals at her food stall. She made him something tasty each time, as he was always punctual.

That good impression turned to affection, but due to his position, he couldn’t offer her full marriage. She still accepted, and continued to provide his meals and work until she became pregnant with Jaana.

Jaana watched her father and nodded. That drew her mother’s attention.

“Jaana? Why did you nod just now?” Delia asked her gently. Her daughter grinned.

“I can’t tell you. She said you would know soon. I think she means when we get to the temple.” Jaana said with a big grin. Sami watched her eyes. His daughter was being a little mischievous.

‘Jaana liked what she was told, so the goddess must have said something good to her.’ Sami observed her grin, and couldn’t help but smile down at her.

Sami knew better than to interfere in the actions of deities, but he hoped he could live much longer, and see his daughter grow up.

“TEMPLE AHEAD!”

 

*****

 

Nicci and Hanna stood behind the Empress, while Nuri and Nadya stood beside her. Rachel stood in front. An entire platoon of Others stood at the gate.

“The goddess has taken no chances.” Lena said softly. Nuri smiled.

“Of course. The Empress is important to her. The first arrow loosed is the barb that cleanses the world, Empress. We all know this.” Nuri said softly. “Shouldn’t you pull back now, Empress? There are some things outsiders should not yet see.” Lena sighed.

“It helps me to relax, but you are correct. I will make up for it later.” Lena said in a low rumbling voice. Both Nuri’s and Nadya’s robes moved as Lena’s tendrils, or supple branches of the Yglathria, untangled from their breasts, unwound from the thigh closest to her, and disappeared up under her shirt.

“It’s alright, Empress. I will stay close enough to ease the pain.” Nicci said at her ear.

“You noticed.”

“How could I not?” Nicci said with a sad smile. As she flexed and moved the tendrils with her willpower, it eased the ache within her body as she slowly gained control over the seeds that tore through her. Half of them had already been forced into submission, and taken root in their chosen position.

Like children, she made them acknowledge her until they did as they were supposed to. The ones that had taken root within her body were not fully under her control, just subdued. The ones she used everyday were now a part of her body, just like her fingers. The others would take a few more weeks before they were properly subdued.

In the meantime, they were wrapped around her spinal cord. Or drilled into her bones.

Nicci’s eyes a narrowed slightly as seven strong tendrils wrapped around her thighs like strong steel cables, and outlined all her private areas. She kept the groan suppressed as they pulled her cheeks apart and lightly tapped her buttonhole.

Lena grinned before she cleared her face of her emotions. She decided not to torment Nicci with the hunger she felt, and moved those strong tendrils up to her chest. The more intricate she could tie Nicci’s breasts, then the aches within her would ease a lot more.

“Empress. They are here.”

 

*****

 

“Death Squad. Report.” Rachel said from in front of the platoon of Others. All the Death Squad soldiers were on one knee at the front. The rest of the soldiers were on either side, and behind the carriages.

“The Death Squad received no casualties during the crossing. Both the Seer and the Prime Minister’s family have crossed safely.” The Captain spoke.

“Rachel. Name.” Nicci said out loud after Lena whispered to her.

“Squad Leader, introduce yourself. The Temple Master, Lena, formerly the Empress of Krov, now known as the Empress of Haven, want to know who you are.” The Squad Captain bowed with her face to the ground.

“Empress!” All Death Squad members said out loud.

“I am Eos. I have sought the voice of the goddess upon the sands of the Great Desert for much of my life.” She said with a soft voice, but her face was firm. Lena nodded. Not only were her looks quite impressive, but so was her figure. She was a lot like Sol, and Nuri, while many of the Death Squad were built like Nadya, and Nicci.

“Eos. Step forward. The Empress would like to meet you.” Rachel heard Lena’s whisper. She couldn’t speak loudly as she didn’t have full control of her body, including the muscles within her chest that would push the air more forcefully to increase her volume.

Eos stood up, and walked forward, while the rest stayed in their position. Once she stepped in front of the wheeled chair, Lena nodded thoughtfully.

“Good. She is perfect.” Lena said softly, which made Eos step back.

“Your voice.” She trembled and fell to her knees.

“Goddess.” Lena said softly. A dark shadow appeared behind the wheeled chair, and Kyrie stepped out of the shadow.

“Empress. Ah, yes, the ones from the south. Are they to your liking? You talked with them often, Empress.” Kyrie said with a smile.

“Goddess, did you do something?” Lena asked her with a firm look in her eyes. The ground trembled as her eyes turned black. Kyrie smiled wide.

“My dear Empress, I did nothing. You did it all. You are my mate, after all.” Kyrie leaned down and lightly licked her ear. “You are growing stronger, my Empress. All the words they heard, the instructions, even the words to the Seer, they were all yours. You are my mate. Here, on this side, you are the Empress. Your word is sacred.” Lena only took a few seconds to consider her word.

“I have some things I want to try. I have control of seven now.” Kyrie shivered.

“I’ll be there, my love.”

 

11