Chapter 5: The Curtain Fall
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hao Xu eyes dimmed under the moonlight. With the disappearance of the interface, the only light source was a yellow tint of night-flies above the hallway ceiling.

“Moriarty!” Hao Xu scream on the top of his lung, as if his plan was to tear it apart.

[You are affected by Low Grade Gravity Field]

[Decrease movement speed by 40%]

[You are affected by Mind Hallucination Spell]

[Attempting to resist…]

[Effect Lessen due to [Marksman Composure].]

[Dizzy status: 3 Seconds]

A barrage of notification flashed by his side.

“T-This! Commander Moriarty gravity field!” The various soldier were unable to react to the changes to their surrounding as Hao Xu fled in the midst of their groups.

Meanwhile, Hao Xu creeping smile resembled that of a devil offering his hands as his face appeared through the gaps of the soldiers arm.

Moriarty feels amiss when looking at Hao Xu expression.

[Focus Shot Level Increased]

[Focus Shot Level Increased]

[Focus Shot Level Increased]

[Focus Shot Level Increased]

[Focus Shot Level Incre…]

[Focus Shot Leve…]

Immediately, his 12 Skill points plummet down to 0!

“Haha!” Hao Xu aimed his rifled at Moriarty, expending the remaining energy onto this one shot.

Focus Shot (lvl 12): A basic marksman ability to focus his shot toward a single point. Consume energy to fire a focus shot, increase trajectory speed and penetration. The more energy is consumed, the greater the power. +50% Trajectory speed (up to 50%). + 30% Penetration (Up to 30%). Energy usage minimum (30) — up to 80 (Energy Increase as Level Increase). Scale 1x per level, max level: 20]

[Energy: 0/106]

[Inflicting Energy Fatigue]

[Numbness Effect. Movement Slow]

Instantly, Hao Xu feel a wave of fatigue washing from his toes to his head. But He quickly shook it off and pulled the trigger!

Bang!

“Commander Moriarty!” The soldiers cried out as they attempt to move. Because of the Gravity Field, their feet took some time to budge, it was too late then.

“Shield!” All Hao Xu sees is Moriarty holding a strange device in the shape of a glove before leaping away.

At this moment, Moriarty held out both arm, with one armed with a strange mechanical device strapped onto his wrist, his face contort as he conjures layers of shield.

The room instantly brighten up. Glass bits scrape by the concrete floor, making a rattle sounds.

Meanwhile, the sound of glass breaking echo across the blinding hallway from the impact of the blue comet bullet contacting with Moriarty Shield.

Hao Xu took this opportunity to pick up another gun laying on the rustic ground covered in broken wires, with a flick of his wrist, he instantly put a hole through the skull of his enemies who were unable to react in time.

He dashes back and forth, weaving in between his movement like a slithering snake. The soldiers gun barrel click-clack back and forth, unable to grasp his location as he moves and shoot.

Coupled with a very steel-like walls that enrapture the battlefield, his movement gives an even more slithery sounds as his movement zigzag like an eel.

With the assist of [Weaponry Efficiency], along with [Nimble Hand], every shot fire, a sound of gushing blood comes flowing.

Although it feels like a long time has passed, this it only took him a mere four second to execute his move since the moment [Focus Shot] was first fired.

“01… I can feel your depleting energy!” Moriarty's body is scrape all over. The left side of his shoulder had a hole the size of a thumb, meanwhile the glove in his hand was tattered through and through.

His pale youthful face is sweaty, with blood dripping through the wound on his left arm and glass bits, this made him look like a maniac.

[You are affect by Gravity Field]

[Decrease movement speed by 40%]

Hao Xu condition was no better as he feels the weight of his famish body crashing down on its own weight. After battling for so long, depleting the leftover energy, he could barely lift the tip of his finger.

His elbow rested on top of the rifle stock, with the barrel facing the body of a dead soldiers, Hao Xu managed to support himself as he barely stands on his feet.

The place already turned to shamble, bits and pieces of battle scattered from the inner hallway all the way to the entrance.

“Moriarty, I doubt you can chase me with a wound like that. Even without energy, I can still put a few holes through your body!” Hao Xu could see the struggling Moriarty with his one eye open, as his other eyes was blocked by the dripping blood of his wound. His clothes were already tattered to pieces.

Bang! Bang!

Once again, Hao Xu pulled the trigger, letting out two angry pieces of metal chasing after Moriarty.

With no choice but to cancel Gravity field and let Hao Xu escape in order to block the incoming projectile, Moriarty grind his teeth back and forth in crazed.

Upon firing the last two shot, the weight on his body instantly lighten. He rolls behind him, facing away from Moriarty since he was already standing at the entrance.

All the soldiers already died… What’s left is an injured Moriarty and a few docile researchers, all he had to do now was run!

The escaping Hao Xu left Moriarty in a helpless situation as he at the hole in his shoulder. Conflicting thoughts still plagued his mind as he looks at the mess left from the aftermath.

He paused for a moment and took a deep breath. After a few minutes, another wave of soldiers appears by his side.

“Send a group of High Grade D hunter after him! If he’s dead, his corpse needs to be retrieved, if he’s alive, I want to see him back here! Send out a bounty reward to the Black Market!”

“Yes sir!” The wounded group of soldiers salutes, not daring to dawdle.

After all the personnel left, Moriarty found himself standing atop the room that is now in shamble, with broken wall and flicking wires and the sound of electricity fuzzing.

“I must report this to the leader… The first case of Stellar produced from the vial is of utmost importance.”

1