Chapter 3: The Awakening (1)
1.2k 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: The Awakening (1)

Kuroko POV

I watched as the world around me burned. I watched as the once joyous empire fell and crumpled to ashes, all before me lost. At the end of the my life, I gazed one last at her.........I should have never acted only on emotions. 

As I bled out, I swore to myself. If there is a second chance...I would never love someone as heartless as her. Looking at the sky one last time, I contemplated. Eldeich, the Church of Light, and Reizo. If I had a second chance, I would end them all.

Feeling the warmth leave my body, I gave one last bitter laugh, after all...second chances are only fantasies. Acknowledging this fact, I took my last glance at Shiho as my world faded to black, this was the end of the line.......or so I thought.

 


 

Darkness....for a time unknown, it was all I saw. I watched as the world around me remained still and solitary. Darkness was my life, and ultimately my death. Floating endlessly in this abyss, I lost track of time. Days, months, and maybe even years...I sat alone in my coffin of night. I expected to remain in this pit of black for eternity, but one day, something new chanced upon me. As unexpected as any other occurrence, it sparked from nothingness.

Craning my head forward, I studied it, a glowing speck of light within this prison, this hell of nothingness. With a small seed of hope, I grasped towards it, wishing to feel it once more. The warmth.......which I had long since forgotten. As the light wrapped gently around my empty hands, I could not help but think of it once more, could not help but wish for it once more. Holding the small spark, I let it ignite my  empty heart, but, I knew it would never be enough. Nothingness, a feeling I was far to familiar with had once again surfaced. As the fresh embers were once again doused, I sobbed lightly. In the end, just what could I do? Beaten and alone, I was nothing but a failure. As I lamented in my own stupidity, it grew. Feeling the light envelop me, I grew fainter. Thinking carefully, it must have been my time at last. Regret, guilt, sorrow like a robot, I felt nothing. As my consciousness faded, I pondered once more. If this was the end, then so be it. After all this ....................................................... ...rest...............would be nice.

 

 

 

 

 

I awoke in a dark room, instantly throwing the sheets wrapped around my form off in alertness. Then, I froze. Clearly remembering the events leading to my death, I frowned. I was dead...something I was sure of. Gazing at the area around me, I could not help but appreciate it more, the colors and my vision I had taken for granted. After remaining in the hell for such a time, I could not help but feel joy, I was free........free.

Giving a sidelong glance of the room I was in, I paused. The bookshelf next to the computer, the black and white bed, it was far too familiar for comfort. And then, it hit me. It was home, the paradise I had long forgotten. But, I could not help but question, why was I here. Was everything I had seen until now simply a dream? The horrors I had witnessed, the people I slew, was none of it for real? Perhaps, perhaps not, it may be better it remain nothing but a fantasy. As I brought my palms to rub my face, I froze once more. Cuts and very faint scars littered my arms. Tearing off my clothes, I inspected my own body, and it was what I feared. 

Running to the bathroom in dismay, I stared into the mirror, a familiar form reflected within it. With no way to deny the truth, I tumbled down. As my shaking hands rose to the vision of my eyes, I could not help but curse.

"Are you fucking kidding me......"

 

It was unsurprising, as the man reflected in the mirror, was not the innocent body of me in the past. Looking up once more, I stared at the familiar stranger, the body of the demon king. I gazed, as the Crimson Demon King did the same before me.

 


 

Maybe I've finally lost it, maybe the stress from school and life caused me to have a long hallucination. After all, there was no way such events could have transpired.........right?

But, I can't deny it anymore now can I. Remembering what I had seen, I took in a cold breath and affirmed it then and there. The massacres and betrayals were all but too real to deny. It was no dream, something my own body could confirm. Sighing heavily, I dragged myself back into my room.

 

 

 

'I should have died'

That single thought plagued me, but there was no doubt about it. I remember it all too well. If everything I had recalled was reality, then why did I stand once more? I clearly felt her blade, Shiho's blade. The pain I felt as it pierced my body and soul was not a damn dream....the feeling of hurt and despair was far too real to be an illusion. But, I knew it deep in my heart even if it was nothing but a figment of my imagination...I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen nonetheless. 

We were once as close as can be, yet I could not help but watch as she drifted apart. Life and death, it seemed far too insignificant when compared to her. But, the current her has yet to have changed completely.....perhaps, just perhaps I could change things. But, as plausible as it sounds, I know it is nothing but a hysterical dream. Even if she doesn't hate me completely yet, it's definitely not too far off track.

If that is so, it's better to cut off my relationship with her now rather than later. Maybe I should just eliminate all the dangers right now instead of later, but, I could not help but question......just why did I worry about her? I hate her, I HATE HER........I hate her so much. Yet, I could not help but recall my naivety. She would never turn back, a fact I should have long taken note of. But, was this world truly the same as the one I had left in bitter resentment? There would be no complete interpretation of the future, perhaps in this world they were still evil, perhaps not. I am no saint, something I know for a fact, but neither am I a devil. Pausing briefly, I made a conclusion. If anyone gets in my way, I'll cut them down.......but I care not for harming innocents. Reizo, Eldeich, and the Church of Light, I shall await you this time. The moment you turn......you better clean your necks.

I was defeated in the end. But, I knew for a fact I was strong enough to kill them all. I lacked experience, and time, time to harden my heart to steel. This time, there would be no error. I now had a plethora of time and experience on my hands, ll I had to do now was wait. For all who come to take my head, I shall await them. This time there would be no mercy. Grinning coldly, I entertained a thought. It any once gain came to seek trouble, I shall show it to them........the dynamics of a demon king.

Looking gently upon my healing hands, I grasped them tightly. These hands were once destined to hold nothing, as if fate and time itself willed it.......but what of it? For the first time in a land unknown, I stood and rose. If the world was my foe, then, what was there to fear? After all....................................................................................what harm is there in slaying the world?

 

 


Author's Note

 

Ok.......so maybe I wasn't as creative or as quick as I had imagined. I'm so sorry for this once again. I have plenty of excuses like AP classes and SATs, buut of course it would be a lie to say that I didn't take things too leisurely. For that, I apologize. No promises on speed, but as I've said before, I plan to finish it, even it does take a while. Thank you for reading.

~Efreiht

 

5