Chapter 6. Where the slime lives.
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After introducing themselves Valdeziestarted to skin the rabbit he had hunted while Rah Watch with an expecting gaze.

"So..Rah, where we have to go tomorrow?"

"Mmm....I would like to go search for Gabriel and Louie"

"Are those your companions?"

"Well...yeah, you see Demi-humans are discriminated against by elves and humans, but they are different, they didn't looked down on me for being a Demi-human" said Rah with a nostalgic grin.

"There is going to be some problem with that"

"Why?"

"Do you know where we came from"

"*sigh...I have no idea"

Valdezie finished cutting the meat of the rabbit, pierce it with a stick and put it on the fire.

"Are you part of a guild or such?

"Yes, I am part of the adventurer guild" Said Rah as she takes a necklace with a copper medallion hanging from a leather string "This means im an a official adventurer.....a low rank though"

With the rabbit meat cooked Valdeziemake two portions and gives one to Rah.

"Then it means we have to go to the adventurers guild, is it in a city or town?" asked Valdezie

"In a city, Makondo, well strictly speaking is build in the lands of the king Makondo, but everybody call it Makondo for short"

"Do you know where it is?"

"mmmm.....from the forest to the south"

"Then we shall go there in the morning to let know the guild of the ghouls and your lost companions?"

"Yes, let's do that" said Rah With a smile and a wagging tail.

Rah finished her meal and prepared to sleep until she notice Valdezie just sitting and watching the fire.

"Now, Rah, go to sleep i will keep watch"

"What?..why?

"If we are going to sleep with a fireplace it will attract monsters and even though is summer it is too cold to sleep without one"

"I see.....then we could take turns"

"No, I'm still your slave, I need to repay my debt to you" Said Valdezie with a strict tone.

"What if we...you know....we..." Murmurs Rah

"If we?.."
asked Valdezie

" ....I...if we cuddled toguether....b...but just to keep away the cold..nothing more...but maybe If you wanted....we could.." As Rah kept saying words to herself while playing with her bangs a shadow jumps to attack her.

"Do not even try you filthy creature!!!!" Valdezie slashed the slimy shadow.

"What was that?...did the fire attract monsters?"

Extinguishing the fire with a kick Valdezie replied "Yes, it did, it attracted these slimy creatures"

"Slimes?"

"I don't remember how they are calledbut I do know we have to stay in alert"

More and bigger slimes meet their end thanks to Valdezie's axe, but they didn't cease their attack for the rest of the night.

As a result a tired and sweaty Valdezieand a scared and equally tired Rah stayed fighting until morning.

"Th...They didnt stop appearing...why?.." asked Rah

"If you don't know, then I know less"

With the sun rising both companions lie down to take a quick and safe nap.

After and hour or so, slowly opening her eyes Rah gives out a tired yawn.

"...Valdezie?.."

"Did I wake you? I was just refilling the water in the nearby river....here take this"

Rah yet in her sleepy mode didn't react in time and gets hit in the head by a small pouch full of pieces of fruit.

"!Hey!¡!¡....what was that?"

"Breakfast, now get ready we have a forest to walk"

"oh..thanks" Rah pick up the pouch and slowly eat the pieces of fruits while standing up and grabbing her staff, both master and slave started their quest to Makondo.

0