Chapter 2: High Tension
190 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Class has begun, I tried to keep my attention on listening to the lecture and lesson.
("My friends seem quiet, aren't they supposed to bully or tease me about him or something?")
("Bah, its class hours. I should focus on class instead.")

The first class has ended and the teacher left the classroom. Murmurs from my classmates started to fill the classroom. I looked to my classmates, they're still on their notebooks reviewing the lesson. Maybe I'm overthinking or worrying too much about this, they seem to be cool with me having a crush on the new student. Yeah, I should calm down, they're my good friends anyway, I trust them.

L: "Alright, I'm done. What about you guys?"
F: "I'm alright."
A: "All good."
L: "I think we're having a graded recitation later."
W: "Really? I've forgotten about that."
L: "Eh, don't worry. Its just about yesterday's science lesson."
A: "Ah, that. Yeah, it won't be too hard."
F: "I hope so. I'll review a little just to be sure."

Felix grabbed his notebook from his bag and started reviewing. Loruel switched seats with Artello, I'm preparing myself mentally.

"So, that's the guy, huh."
"Yeah, he is the guy."
"Huh....it still weirds me out how you're into hunks."
"W-what? I guess so, but its not just about his figure."
"Oh, really? What else you fell for in first sight?"
"F-first sight?? What are you talking about?"
"He's a transfer, right? Its his first day here, so its your first time seeing him."
"Well....he looks kinda cute, despite looking a little bit like a delinquent."
"Ohh, there we go. You're into bad boys, huh. Sometimes, I can't handle how gay you can get."
"Sh-shut up, leave me alone with that."
"Very well, then. I'm in a good mood today, so I'll do that."

Loruel stood up and went back to his seat just as our next teacher entered the classroom. He's right, the teacher gave us a 5 minute preparation for the following recitation.

("I can't argue with him, I guess I find bad boys cute, which I kinda like, I think.")
...
("Right, I should prepare for the recitation.")

Our teacher started calling students for the recitation, some of them answered correctly, some have short answers. When the teacher finally called me, I cleared my thoughts and focused on listening

"Mr. Goraku, define 'pressure'. Give at least two synonyms."
"Pressure is a continuous physical force exerted on an object by something....touching it."

I paused for a moment, I looked at the front row, and I saw Auris watching me answer. I got very nervous.

"Alright, now give two synonyms for it."
"Squeeze, ma'am."
"And...?"
"Th-thrust...ma'am"
"Okay, good. Take your seat."

I sat down nervously, I looked again at my friends while they smirk at me. I felt annoyed and embarrassed at the same time.

L: "Of all the examples you can think of, why those two, huh?" *smirks*
F: "Oh, you know why." *laughs*
A: "Sheesh, you two. Leave him alone, he can't help it if the guy's looking at him." *chuckles*
W: "Have mercy on me, guys, please."
F: "Bish, how we supposed to do that? You're the one who said the magic, seductive words. We can't help it." *laughs*
L: "He's right, you lost your focus there when you looked at him, lol."
W: "Whatever, just forget about it, please."
A: "Yeah, we might get noticed here if we get too loud."

 

The class progressed on, and eventually came to end. Noises of conversations from my classmates filled the room again, my friends are just there, sitting and chilling while looking around the room.

("Argh, why did I even think of that in the first place? That was pretty weird, what would he think about that?")
("Ugh, its so embarrassing, I don't know why I even said those. Its because he's looking at me, words just slipped out.")
("I should get a better hold of myself, I can't keep letting these things happen, I might disgust or give him the creeps.")

 

The next teacher came, and got on with the class. Its Mathematics, which relieved me. The room was quiet, it helps me gain better focus. My friends are also paying close attention, I decided to do the same. Before I even realized it, the class was already over.

"Oh, and before I leave, I have to tell you guys that your next teacher was absent today. She was feeling sick, so you won't have any classes until lunch. Class rep, I'll leave you in charge, do a little clean up of the room or something. Just don't get too loud or go out of the classroom unlit lunch. I'll go to my next class now."

Our class rep stood up and walked to the front near the teacher's table. I suppose we'll be doing something today.

"Alright guys, settle down. We'll do a little cleaning now so that we don't have to do it later. Now, I have an idea that we can do for Mrs. Takaede. I'll ask one of our teachers to tell me where she lives, and I wanted to go over and bring her some food and medicine. You guys wanna come?"

Some of my classmates agreed to go, I asked my friends if they'll come along.

W: "Are you guys gonna go?"
A: "Nah, I think I won't. Also, there would be, like half a dozen going, and I think Mrs. Takaede wouldn't want a lot of students come over."
F: "Yeah, I agree. Besides, I'll go to the arcade after this class, there's a new game there that I wanna try."
W: "How about you, Loruel? Are you going?"
L: "You already know."
W: "Right, of course you wouldn't go. You live a train ride away from school."
L: "Yeah, and I have other stuff to do at home."

Our class rep listed the names of the students going with her.

"Alright guys, we've settled on the visit already. Now, let's clean up, it'll be quick since we're all here."

My classmates started participating, arranging chairs, sweeping floors, and wiping windows. Loruel and Felix are wiping the windows on the east side of the classroom, while me and Art do the ones on the west. While I was cleaning the last panel, I happen to see Auris on the blackboard. He's pretty tall, definitely taller than me. His wingspan is wide and his arms are pretty thick. His back looks pretty muscular, which is kinda hot.

"HEY, finish up already. Stop dozing off, its just wiping windows, come on."
"Oh, sorry about that."
"Ah, you're checking him out, aren't you?"
"No, I'm not."
"Yes, you definitely are." *laughs* "You really like him, don't you?"
"Yeah, fine, I like him. Shut up now, please."

We finished up with cleaning and went back to our seats. I fixed my things in my bag while waiting for the bell. I looked over to Auris, he's also packing his things. Suddenly, he looked at me, and I quickly averted my gaze elsewhere.
("Oh god, he saw me looking at him. I'll definitely creep him out, noooo.")
The bell finally rang, I took my bag and left immediately.

3