Chapter 3: First Approach
151 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat in the cafeteria while having my lunch and constantly looking around. 

("I'm anxious about Auris, I really think I creeped him out earlier.")
...
("What if he sees me here eating alone? He'll think I have no friends.")
...
("WHICH WILL DEFINITELY MAKE HIM THINK I'M A PERVERT. NOOO.")

 

I continued to eat my lunch while having a nervous feeling in my stomach. I'm almost tearing up from the embarrassment of the thoughts he might have towards me. As I eat my lunch, I suddenly see a tall student on the counter. I got shocked and nervous simultaneously.

("IS THAT HIM? OH NO. HE'S GONNA SEE ME HERE. ITS OVER FOR ME.")

I look at the counter once more. I saw some students on the queue just behind him. I looked closely, and I recognize them.

("Its my friends, I'm saved.")
...
("NO, ITS THE OPPOSITE. I'M EVEN MORE DOOMED.")

I looked down towards my food in hopes that they won't notice me, which didn't work at all. I suddenly heard footsteps towards the table.

("NO, I'M DEAD, ITS OVER.")

Suddenly, a voice called out to me. I didn't want to look to know who it is.

"Uh, excuse me, is this table taken?"

I was about to answer, but then suddenly a voice interrupted me.

"Of course it is. He left immediately earlier to reserve us a table. Thanks, Walter."

They put their food trays and sat down the table. I slowly looked up, my friends are sitting in front of me. I looked over to my side, and my heart stopped for a moment.

("ITS AURIS! WHY IS HE SITTING HERE?!")
...
("THEY DEFINITELY DID THIS ON PURPOSE!")

Artello suddenly bumped my shoulder, which made me retract my sight from Auris

A:"Hey, are you still gonna eat that? Let me have it if not."
W: "No, I'll still eat it. Why are you guys even here?"
A: "Well, why not? Right, Loruel?"
L: *nods while eating*
F: "You seem to be in a hurry earlier, we're just worried."
A: *chuckles*
W: "Fine, whatever."
A: *eying on me to Auris*
W: "What? Speak up."
A: "Its nothing really. I just hoped you wouldn't mind us inviting the new guy. You don't mind, right Auris?"
Au: "No, its okay. Thanks for inviting me."
A: "Its fine, buddy. He's just a little introverted, he'll get comfortable around you eventually."
W: "W-what are you talking about? We don't even know each other."
A: "Well, that's easy to fix. Auris, Walter. Walter, Auris."
Au: "Hello, I'm Auris. Nice to meet you." *offers hand*
W: "W...Walter" *shakes hand*
A: "Now, ain't that nice. You can consider us your friends from now on, don't be shy."
Au: *smiles* "I will, thanks."
L: *finishes eating* "Well, I'll go on ahead now. I'll wait for you guys in the room."
F: "Come on, stay with us a little bit. Lunch is almost over anyway."
L: "Nah, I have other stuff to do. Excuse me, now." *stands up and leaves*
Au: "He looks pretty stern."
A: "Ah, don't worry about him. He always has stuff to do."
W: "Just hurry up, I'll wait you guys."

 

After a couple of minutes, my friends finally finished eating. We cleaned our table and went back to the classroom. We're almost at our building, when Artello suddenly went back to the cafeteria.

A: "Oh, I forgot something back there. You guys go on ahead."
F: "I'll go with him, you two go up now."
W: "Wait, wha-"
A: "We'll meet you back in the classroom. Byeee."
W: ("Those two...")
Au: "Shall we go?"
W: "Y-yeah, let's go before the teacher arrives."

The atmosphere between us is pretty uncomfortable. I feel like I should say something, but I couldn't even bring myself to do that. I'm almost sweating from nervousness. As we're walking up the stairs, he suddenly spoke to me.

Au: "Hey, earlier morning, you were the first one to arrive."
W: "Well, I'm always the first one to arrive. But you were earlier than me."
Au: "I guess. Its my first day, I probably got excited" *laughs*
W: ("That laugh is so cute.")
Au: "Hey, you okay?"
W: "Ah, yeah. I'm good."
Au: "I see. Where do you live anyway?"
W: "O-oh, uhh....I leave nearby, just a couple of blocks from the school."
Au: "Really? If I was you, I'll probably sleep until sunrise. Its so near."
W: "Well, I'm used to getting up early."

We finally reached our floor and walked to the classroom. As I stepped inside the classroom, Auris walked to the front row while I walked towards my seat. Loruel was reading something in his notebook, I sat beside him while waiting for Art and Felix. Loruel spoke to me while reading.

"They set you up good, didn't they?"
"W-what set up? What are you talking about?"
"You got some alone time with Auris, didn't you?"
"How did you even know that? You were here the whole time."
"I just knew. Why else would you be here without them?"
"I...uh.."
"Yep." *smirks*

 

The bell finally rang, students started coming inside their classrooms. Felix and Artello finally arrived and almost panting. They walked towards us and sat down.

L: "And where have you guys been?"
A: "I went back to the cafeteria, I forgot my other bag from the seat."
L: "Huh, that would've took you a minute."
F: "I also bought a few bread rolls for later."
W: "Right."
F: "Oh, hey Walter." *chuckles*
A: "How was your little date?" *laughs*
W: "Shut up." *blushes*
L: *chuckles*

The teacher finally arrived and started the class. I'm still thinking about the things that happened earlier. Its like I'm upset and grateful for my them about what happened.

("I can't believe I just spent lunch with him, and even sat beside him.")
...
("I also walked alongside him, even for just a little while. I'm so flustered earlier.")

The class continued, the room's a little quiet. I kept myself from being distracted with my thoughts by writing notes from the lesson. I remained quiet for the rest of the class. When I thought I got myself together, I found myself looking at Auris a few times. I tried to keep it out of my mind, but his laugh kept occupying my thoughts.

("Ugh, why do you have to be so cute? You're distracting me here.")
...
("Come on, focus up. There's two more classes.")

The class came to an end, the teacher left the room afterwards. I tried to keep myself from looking at Auris, cause once I did, I'll probably have a hard time to stop. Thankfully, the next teacher finally arrived. I cleared my mind and prepared for the next class.

 

Two hours have passed, our final class is almost over and I felt relieved. After a few minutes of instructions for the assignment, our teacher finally dismissed the class and left the classroom. I fixed my things in my bag and prepared to leave. 

A: "Hey guys, I'll be going to the arcade. I saved up tickets to buy a stuffed toy, you guys wanna come?"
L: "I'll pass for today, I have to go buy dinner for later."
F: "I'll go with Loruel, I wanna buy some food from the market as well."
A: "Aww, come on. Walter, you wanna come? I'll treat you some tokens."
W: "Yeah, sur-"
A: "Auris, you can come too if you want."
W: "Hey wai-"
Au: "Yeah, I'd like to come with you guys."
A: "Nice, there we go. Loruel, Felix, you guys take care. We'll be going now."
L: "We'll be fine, take care too."
W: "On second thought, I'll go-"
A: "No, you're not. You already agreed, so you're coming. Come on, I don't wanna be lonely in the arcade."
W: *grunts* "Okay, fine."

Loruel walked off with Felix, while we walked the other direction towards the arcade. Its just like the same as earlier, I'm irritated at my friend, but I'm happy this is happening. We're gonna hang out, for the first time, and I somehow feel excited.

2