Chapter 7: A Little Clearer Now
99 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I thought about what Loruel said. I know he's right, and I always hate it when he's right cause I can't say anything about it. So, I guess I need to build up my courage towards him. What can I say? I can't help but shy from him, cause I like him, and he's so cute, and I don't know what to do around him. Atrello and Felix sat down while chatting, while Loruel remained silent. Well, we we're separated during lunch, so I guess there's nothing much to say. A few minutes later, the teacher finally came in to start the class. 

Its a little quiet during class. I looked over to my friends to see what they're doing. Loruel quietly plays with his pen while listening with only a few notes written in his notebook. Artello and Felix both have their heads down, writing notes as our teacher talks about the lesson. Seeing them as is, I decided to write with them as well. Loruel barely writes down any notes, he always just listens during the lecture. I kept my attention towards the lesson and the teacher, while taking notes at the same time. However, every time I look to the teacher at the front, I always find myself glancing at Auris a couple times.

("He seems to be paying attention towards the lesson, such a good boy.")
...
("Why did I call him a good boy?")
("Well, its actually a compliment towards him.")
...
("But still, its pretty weird calling him a 'good boy', even in my thoughts")

 

The class came to an end. I kept my notebook inside my bag and brought out another one for the next subject. I kept quiet in my seat and just decided to look out the window, it helps me calm myself mentally. 

*sigh*
("How do I build up my courage? Where do I get it from? How do I start? Can I just enjoy him from a distance and not talk to him?")
...
("However, I get jealous when someone gets close to him, which is where I wanted to be as well.")
...
("But then again, I can barely interact with him normally up close.")

After a few minutes, our next teacher finally came in. I cleared my mind and prepared myself for the upcoming lesson.

 

An hour has passed, its almost time for our final class. I'm starting to feel relief from the fact that the day is almost over. While waiting for our homeroom teacher, Loruel suddenly spoke to me.

"You seem to have calmed yourself down."
"From what?"
"From earlier."
"Oh, I see."
"I also saw you stole some glances at him."
"Wh-, ho-....nevermind."
"Its nice to see you not getting flustered as much anymore"
"Well.....whatever."

Our teacher finally arrived and settled the class down.

"Alright class, sit down now. We're gonna have a little lecture, then we can proceed to your homeroom tasks and I'll dismiss you afterwards. Understood?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Alright then."

 

Our teacher took out a book and began the lecture. Everybody immediately started opening their notebooks and began writing as she spoke. I looked around the room for a moment. Everybody's really paying attention to the lecture, even Loruel is writing notes of the lecture. I directed my sight to the teacher to pay closer attention, but I can't keep myself from glancing over at Auris. He also has his head down and writing down notes of the lecture.

("Aww, he's so cute. Such a good boy.")
...
("Wait, what? Why did I call him a 'good boy'?")
("Well, I meant it as a compliment. It should be okay, right?")
...
("Its still weird that I call him a 'good boy', even just in my thoughts.")
("Never mind, I should keep on writing.")

I couldn't help it. Its just the contrast of him looking like a delinquent and actually being a good student and a nice friend that gets me. I'm smiling without noticing, but thankfully, nobody saw. The lecture went on for a couple more minutes.

 

"Alright, class, that concludes our lecture for today. I know we only did it quick-style, but its all you need to know from the quiz tomorrow. Now that's done, we can proceed to your homeroom tasks. Paula, come here to the front."
"Ah, yes ma'am."

Our class representative began announcing our homeroom tasks. Since the first initial of my friends' surnames are a little different, we got into separate groups. However, what I didn't expect is being in a group with Auris.
...
("Ah, right. His surname is 'Coruz' while mine is 'Dange'.")

I walked over to the front row while nervously clutching my bag. I'm having mixed emotions about him. Earlier, I was being jealous of Felix because he got to walk to school with him, not to mention that they're also getting quite close and comfortable with each other as well as Artello. And now, since Auris is a transfer student, we're gonna play games to get to know him. I'm getting pretty anxious, I want to return to my seat. While I was walking, he suddenly called out to me.

"Hey, Walter! Come sit beside me."
"W-w-what??...A-are you sure?"
"Yeah, of course."
"O-oh...uhh, okay."

How could I refuse to that, he even smiled while talking to me. It was so cute of him, I almost couldn't take it. I sat down on the chair next to him while almost quivering in nervousness. 

"Well, now that everyone's here, let's get started, yes?"
"Yeah, sure. You start Auris."
Au: "Oh, okay. Let's do 2 truths and a lie."
"Well, go ahead."

My anxiety started climbing every second as soon as the game started.

0