chapter 2 “meeting my new family”
53 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

the bus finally reached hex city after what felt like 3 hours of driving and stopping to refill on gasoline. but now they only needed to reach the bus stop where his new family is. i was starting to get nervous i had never had a family before. thoughts started to fill his head "what if they didn't like him, what if they return him to the orphanage, what if they treated him badly?" "NO'' i thought only dwell on the good. 

after driving through the city for what felt like an hour we finally found the bus stop. after hopping off the bus i saw a blue sedan pull into the bus stop parking lot. once it parked a man stepped out he was wearing a unbuttoned red flannel shirt with a black t-shirt underneath and some worn-out work jeans with a pair of work boots. he had a short brown hair with short brown scruffy beard and amber eyes. in a rough but calm voice he said " are you lycan?" i nodded. "well then don't just stand there lets get to the car." he said as he sat back down in the driver seat. i slowly walked toward the car "well we don't have all day" he said in a playful tone."come hop in the front passenger seat." he called. i hopped into the car's front passenger seat and closed the car door as we began to back out of the parking lot and got on our way. "do you talk" he asked. " yes." i replied " well then why don't you say something." he said . " ok? where do you work the city lumberjacks?" i joked. "haha! no i run the hex city zoo." he said still chuckling. "city lumber jacks" he chuckles. " oh thats cool!" i respond " i've always loved the zoo." i say. " well lucky for you then. you get a free pass because your my son now and don't think your any less than that!" he said." by the way you can call me arthur until you feel comfortable calling me dad."

eventually we reached a 3 story house with a coat of red paint that looks like it was repainted just the day before with a black roof with solar panels and a chimney on top. the yard looked freshly mowed but was littered with toy swords and dolls and bikes and scooters and even a pogo stick or two and other such toys. "sorry for the mess." he said "it's ok it doesn't really matter." i replied. "yeah well you only ever get one chance at a first impression." he said back. we walked up to the front door and entered into the house.

as we entered we were greeted by the smell of food in the oven and the thumping of feet coming from the 3rd story to the 1st story where we were now.as the clatter of feet became louder a women came to greet us from the kitchen she was wearing a pink t-shirt with black yoga pants and was in her socks she had long blond hair and green eyes with a hint of brown and a big smile plastered on her face. as she comes to greet us she embraces me into a bear hug and lifts me of the ground and squeezes so hard my back popped 10 times then when she let go i collapsed to the ground. " i think you killed him honey." arthur said. "oops! are you ok? i didn't mean to sneeze that hard." she said as she helped me up. " i am just so excited to get another kid! oh and you can call me barb until your comfortable calling me mom."

i looked back at the stairs to see 5 kids standing there! 2 boys and 3 girls. "hi" i waved at them. "i wanted another sister." grumpily said a girl about the age of 6. " be nice willow!" scolded barb. "sorry mom." willow said glumly. willow was wearing a green t-shirt and black pajama pants she had long red-ish brown hair and blue eyes she was about 6 or 7 years old. "yeah another brother!" called a boy about my age. "my name is kai" he said reaching out for a fist bump so i bumped it. kai had short jet black hair with dark red tips and red eyes he was wearing a red t-shirt and black jeans. he was around my age 14. " this is sage" kai said pointing to the oldest of the girls who was 14 too. "hi" she said as kai pointed to her. sage had long blond hair with dark green highlights and dark green eyes she was wearing a sage green t-shirt with green sweatpants. "this is peter" said kai pointing towards the youngest of the boys. peter had short blond hair and orange eyes he was wearing a blue t-shirt with orange pajama pants he was about 10 years old. "hi." said peter. " and this is mira." sage said as she pointed to the middle child of the girls. mira had black hair with yellow tips and yellow eyes she was wearing a yellow t-shirt and black sweatpants. " hi nice to meet you." mira said.

"well nice to meet you guys i guess i am your new brother my name is lycan." i said"oh yeah me and sage have magic abilities! sage is a shapeshifter and i am a fire mage!" said kai. "cool i can do magic too!" i said. "what kind?" asked barb. "well it is quite uncommon only 12 people in the world can do it and i make 13 but i am a summoner." i said. "prove it." said kai skeptically. "ok!" said as the red-ish black particles came from my hand and formed into a small cloud then in a flash of light it became a tear drop shaped metal rat. "what is it?" arthur asked. "it is called a cybermat they are a metal rat like energy drainer for a race of cyborgs called cybermen from another universe." i said as a metal plate opened at the front showing a mouth full of sharp teeth. "aaah!!" screamed kai as it opened its mouth. "return!" i said as it vanished into particles back into me. everyone gawked at me.

**hope you enjoyed this chapter and yes i put in a cybermat from dr.who i don't own it so yeah and i was talking about the matt smith one not the original design again feel free to leave suggestions!**

2