CHAPTER FIVE WELCOME TO MY HUMBLE HOME
3.5k 1 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Their eyes widen at the mass of zombies coming into view, but I wasn’t worried, not even glancing at the lowly undead, keeping my stare on the humans as I said:

“Let’s play a game, I’ll open up the path and you will have to keep up with my pace or stay behind to be eaten alive! Good luck!”

I smile and use an unsheathing attack to wipe the first wave, already curving my wrist and cutting the second wave that stumbles forward from the lack of undead in front, starting to accelerate my cuts until my movements blurred together in a big X shape, up, down, as I start to walk.

I do not wait to see their faces at my easy advance against the horde of undead; ten years cleaning up places makes you get the grip of the exact angle, speed and strength needed to send heads rolling down the floor.

The humans take some time to recover, almost being left behind, but once they realized the situation; the absurd situating; they were in they start to organize themselves in a semicircle of soldiers protecting the civilians as I stayed at the front.

Should I run? Or it would be too evil? Hm… rather save the fun for later, with more humans alive that is.

Dylan’s body was so close and warm that the smell of his blood made me lick the back of my fangs, wanting to take him there without a care in the world.

Should have had received my payment first, shit.

I kept doing the tedious task of cleaning up a path at a slow pace, yawing a little at that, keeping the pace until we reached my base, my mind wondering to the unspeakable things I would do to them.

Really should have used larger pants.

The other humans covered the back on their own, shooting their machineguns or using their long sharp knives, but it was a calm walk even if you don’t consider the never-ending mass of undead coming forth, stumbling over the double dead bodies.

Good thing I cleared up the hunters in the area, uhm, they would have been troublesome to deal with.

The runners were just plain stupid; they screamed menacing and started to run wild right into my blades. Stupid. The ones from the back, however, made the humans sweat in fear.

Ah, finally! I saw the wall from the distance, as I start to jog, saying:

“Almost there, let’s go faster!”

From the very beginning my speed did not decrease, my blade cutting with mechanic precision, restless as only an undead could be.

As we reach the wall, however, I remember that I did not make any entranceways nor exits so I need to grab them one by one and throw them over the wall.

They didn’t seem too happy about it; not that I asked or cared anyway.

Once everybody was on the other side of the wall, they were left speechless, and not for little; I made sure to take good care of this place for the past ten years.

Cleaning my blade and sheating it I could only imagine how this looked like a piece of paradise for them. I worked hard on that, I think looking at enclosure; I had taken off the sidewalks, planting trees that curved over the street, as well as a lot of brushes and edible fruits laying around.

“We could live here…”

My eye twitch at that comment from one of the crew, but I just smile; Oh, you will be living here, just as part of the livestock.

“Do you like my garden?”

None of them answer, too mesmerized by the peaceful landscape. Dylan starts to wiggle over my shoulder, but he only earns another slap on the butt.

At that Richard frowns, positioning his weapon in a more comfortable place and coming closer to me.

“Thank you for helping us back there, but I think Dr. Dylan would prefer to walk now.” I just look at him, smiling.

“Pity.”

He stares me down as if waiting for me to drop Dylan down by his mere threatening gaze, but babe it would take far, far more than that to even impress me. I raise an eyebrow, waiting for him to say anything, but I can feel him sighing internally as he takes off his mask and hat, letting his face come to view.

I whistle at that.

Internally… hopefully.

He had short black military hair, green cat eyes that shone with an aware and insolent glim. He had a shabby bear growing, probably because of the travel, and a harden expression that did not give space for complains.

Tempting…To bend him…

“My name is Richard, leader of the squadron 04, codename Black Tiger. We are on a very important mission, so hopefully we can stay in your place for a little longer.”

Black Tiger? I look up his black hair, his green eyes. Very fitting…

“As long as you need, you already have a week up after all… and we can always work a few more days in.” I say, almost purring at the idea.

We are cut short as howls resonate into the night, making one of the scientist jump.

“Oh, yeah, be careful, it may be safer here than outside, but wolves can be a little… deadly too.”

Without waiting for their response I start walking again, this time stopping only when I reach the center of my base in front of my apartment complex, going up the stairs I made for the inner walls.

“You did this? All by yourself?” Dylan asks as he bumps onto my shoulder, making his words come cut.

“Yes.”

He takes off the notebook from under him, trying to scribble something, which probably looked awful.

“Sooo~~” I start, rolling my tongue and dragging the word out. “As is my part of the deal, only Dylan will come up with me; I live on the last floor. You guys can stay on the others ones, and don’t worry, the only zombie in this place is the guard there.” I point with my thumb once he hits his head on the glass, surprising me once again that he still had one in place after hammering against the glass for so long.

The same one of the scientist that jumped before does it again, squeaking like a little girl. Ok… I turned my back to them, going to the stairs.

“Wait, I cannot have you holding one of my scientists by yourself.” I stop, a smirk never living my face. That what I wanted to hear, dear Richard.

“Then let’s play a game, commander. If you can reach the last floor before me I won’t drink from your buddy here tonight. What you say?”

I do not wait for his answer, I simply start jumping the steps up, laughing. I hear him swearing, putting his weapon over his shoulder and starting to go up behind me.

“Not going to catch up with that speed of yours!”

Not that he had a chance from the very beginning, but at least I gave him a nice view of my butt as consideration.

I lean against the doorframe once I reach the last floor, intact as the day I died, only to see Richard climb the last steps sweating and panting heavily.

Just the way I wanted him…Ok, stop there dirty mind, we have all the time in the world, after all.  

I should enjoy it slowly… before getting all I wanted.

I wait for him to catch his breath before turning the knob, and saying:

“Welcome to my humble home.”

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Follow me on Twitter for updates/art on the stories!
https://twitter.com/V1viCris
۹(ÒہÓ)۶
And support me on https://ko-fi.com/vivicris !!
*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

59