Chapter One
925 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shan Quon let out a deep sigh as he stood in front of a large oak door, he knew on the other side of this door the people responsible for his demise were probably relaxing and talking among themselves as they waited for his arrival. And he wished with all his heart he had awoken sooner so that he would have been able to avoid meeting these people and wouldn’t need to see them again.

 

But he had only awoken when the car they had sent to retrieve him from the orphanage had pulled into the family’s estate. And as he sat there taking in all the memories from his past life he confirmed that he could no longer get away from them and since escape was impossible he would just have to bite the bullet.

 

But he vowed to himself that in this life he would be different, after having such a tragic end in the last life he had learned his lesson, and no matter what happened in the future he wouldn’t live his life having any hopes for them. As long as he no longer hoped and wished for their affection and care he would never have to be disappointed, but not just when it came to them but also for the people that he knew and those he would know in the future.

 

He calmly collected all of his emotions and mentally shoved them into a box before locking said box and hiding it away in the deepest parts of his consciousness. As soon as he had done this the light faded from his eyes and all his emotions faded as his face became blank. His tightly-wound body relaxed into a lazy tilt and he let out a deep sigh, before reaching his hand out and knocking on the door.

 

“Come in.”

 

Shan Quon pushed open the door and he walked in, he looked at all the people that sat in the large office and calmly walked forward. As he did his eyes observed everyone in the room, from the old master that sat at the office desk to his youngest cousin that sat in the arms of her mother.

 

His observation was only brief before he looked towards the old master, the old master of the Shan family was a valiant, well-known, and respected figure of Chang‘an city. As long as you had spent some time in the city you would have heard of him and the rest of his family. The old master had grown up in a military family and as such served in the army and carried out many different missions for which he was rewarded heavily because of his long track record of success.

 

After he had gotten older he had retired from the army for a reason unknown he had used his connections to begin a trading company and from there it expanded to the massive conglomerate it was today. He was a successful man in both his public and private life, only marrying once, into a marriage that lasted for five decades before his wife sadly passed away.

 

Even though she had died, Old Mrs. Shan had left behind seven children for him, six sons, and one precious daughter, and just like their father each of them was a force to be reckoned with. Especially his sixth son, Shan Uang, a repudiated genius who had been born into this world just to do business. This alone made him the immediate heir of his father, and at a young age he had started receiving training from his father and within three years he would take over as the patriarch and chairman of the Shan Family and their conglomerate.

 

He had taken his father’s virtue and had only married one woman all his life, the current sixth madam Shan, Huang Zhengqui. Between them they had managed to give birth to their twin sons, Shan Gan and Shan Gao, the twins were currently sixteen years old, only two years older than Shan Quon. In the end, Shan Uang was a man who was raised on the virtues of his parents and therefore loved his wife and children dearly, he would never dream of bringing them any harm.

 

Because of a dangerous sequence of events he had ended up sleeping with Shan Quon’s mother, Tsao Da-Shin. But his mother was someone who followed her name and as such chose to step back when it came to light that it was never his intention to betray his family. She chose to leave but due to an accident on her return home, she found out that she had been pregnant and so she soon found a place to stay as she awaited the arrival of her son.

 

But sadly she had passed away bringing him into the world because she had no information of her family left behind and there was no way to find the father a newborn Shan Quon was sent to the orphanage. It was his Dean Mother who had named him, Xi Quon, following the name of the town he had been born in and how brightly his smile had shined when she held him.

 

For fourteen years no one in the Shan Family knew of his existence, it was only due to the miss calculations of their competitor that wanted to use him against them that they were able to find him and return him to the Shan family. But while they had brought him back they wanted to keep a certain distance between him and them because at the end of the day he was a stain on the reputation of the family.

 

Being a young child of fourteen who had spent his life in an orphanage only receiving adequate care but never love, he wanted to be close to these people who he had been told were his family. But due to the dubiousness of his birth, they thought he was suspicious and became colder to him. They didn’t care how their actions would affect the child who had simply been told that he was lost due to an accident after his mother had given birth to him.

29