Chapter Eight
599 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why didn’t you dry your hair before coming down, what if you get sick and worry your grandfather?” Her lyrical voice sounded out and drew the attention of Shan Gan and Shan Gao who had just taken their seats.

Shan Gan looked over at him and furrowed his brows slightly but said nothing, it was Shan Gao that looked over and rolled his eyes as he mumbled something under his breath. Huang Zhengqui glanced at him but said nothing, Shan Quon looked at this and chose to ignore it as he continued to lazily sit in his chair until his plate was set in front of him and he sat up and began to work on his meal.

Huang Zhengqiu quietly looked at him for a while and then also turned to her plate and began to eat. Unlike the meal the night before the dining room was silent, not even the sound of utensils hitting dishes could be heard. From what Shan Quon understood Huang Zhengqui and her sons were on good terms so the only reason they hadn’t broken into the conversation was that they felt it would be weird to speak in front of him.

As soon as the meal was finished Shan Gao got up and left the room causing Shan Gan to sigh and follow after him. Hung Zhengqui looked at the retreating backs of her sons and then sighed before she looked at Shan Quon that had relaxed in the chair with a lazy gait.

“I had sent a servant to ask you to see me this morning but she told me that you had not awoken for a long time despite her knocking and calling. Since you arrived I noticed the way you carried yourself and now you had slept for nearly fourteen hours, that’s bordering on a coma.” She stopped and looked at Shan Quon who continued to look as if he just couldn’t be bothered and sighed.

“Your grandfather has spoken to me about your health checkup and I decided it would be better if I was there myself. Going forward I would be looking after all your affairs so if you have anything you need or don’t understand you can always come to me. Also here you go…”

As she said this she took a phone and slid it across the table to him “I had purchased this phone for you yesterday but it only arrived this morning, it has a sim and all necessary apps in it, of course, you can feel free to add to it if you want.” After speaking she gave him a kind smile and got up and left the dining room.

Shan Quon sat quietly until the sounds of her footsteps faded and he reached out and took the phone he swiped the screen and it came up in its usual generic screen. He looked through it and then looked at the brand before he searched it, as the information came in he sighed and closed the page. There wasn’t much different from his past life in this scenario, he had received a phone, but he had received it from the servant that worked under her.

Another difference was the brand and of the phone was very affordable, it was empty and he needed to figure it all out the only thing it came with was a sim but the only reason they bothered to put it in was so they could use his phone to track him, but that was something he would receive a few years later when he went to upgrade his phone.

He looked at the phone too lazy to even choose the pin before putting it in his pocket, he wanted to go up to his room but deiced to just remain in the dining room. He could feel that if he truly went up there he would fall asleep and wouldn’t be able to go when Huang Zhengqui was ready to take him to the hospital.

A while later he heard Huang Zhengqui sending a servant to go call him so they could go, he lazily got up and went over to her. She looked up to see him and nodded for him to follow, the butler waited for him to walk ahead before he followed after them. When he went outside two cars were parked outside waiting on them.

Huang Zhengqui stopped and pointed to the three people that stood by the second car, introducing them one by one. “This one is Xi Hsin, from this day he will be your driver and guard, next to him is Tong Xin his main job is to act as your bodyguard but in case Mr. Xi isn’t available he can double as your driver. And lastly is Woo Yu he is your main butler and caretaker if anything happens and you’re unable to reach me you can have him handle it, he won’t disappoint.”

After saying so she turned and went to the front car, the butler opened the door for her and closed it before getting in the front passenger seat. Xi Hsin greeted him and then got in the driver's seat while Tong Xin opened the door and waited for him to get in as Woo Yu went around the other side and got in on his own. He walked over and got in the car, glancing out the window when Tong Xin shut the door. Tong Xin went ahead and got in the front passenger seat of the car, Xi Hsin who had long started the car, drove out following after the car in front.

Shan Quon shut his eyes and remained relaxed the entire ride, ignoring the curious glances of the three men that now acted as his people. He only opened his eyes after the cars went to the reserved section of the hospital and stopped at the VIP entrance. Tong Xin got out and opened the door for him and waited for him to walk ahead before he followed behind him instead with Woo Yu.

Huang ZhengQui glanced back to make sure he was following as they went over to the doctor that stood there to greet them. He seemed all too excited by wanting to shake Huang Zhengqui’s hand but instead his hand was clasped by the butler. After which the doctor let out an awkward laugh and turned to walk inside starting up a conversation with Huang Zhengqui as he did.

22