Chapter Seven
619 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Knock, Knock.

“Third Young Master Shan?” The servant who had just knocked on the door leading to Shan Quon’s room called and then waited before she knocked again and called once more but all she got in return was silence. The servant looked at her watch and then called once more when there was once again no answer she walked towards the stairs with the intention of going to find her master.

It was then the door was opened and a half-asleep Shan Quon stood by the door and looked at her questioningly, he was still wearing the clothes he had the day before so the servant could tell he had fallen asleep in them. Not bothering to point that out she walked back towards Shan Quon and bowed courteously.

“Good morning Third Young Master Shan, I was sent by the young madam, she asked me to ask you to see her when you woke up but it’s almost lunch so I tried to wake you, my apologies.”

Shan Quon looked at her and nodded as he mumbled “I’ll be down.” With that, the door shut and the servant stared at the door for a second before she awoke from her stupor and left to and inform her master.

Shan Quon who stood on the other side of the door listened until the sounds of the servant's footsteps faded before he locked the door, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a cheap phone. Looking at the screen he could see that it was indeed almost twelve and as far as he could remember he had fallen asleep around ten at night, so counting the time he had been asleep for nearly fourteen hours.

And yet as he stood there he still wanted to fall asleep, he tilted his head and sighed he knew there would be drawbacks to sealing his emotions but he never expected it to be this bad. In fact, in the first place, this was something he had only heard his psychiatrist from his past life mention in passing. It was really dangerous but as he thought about the type of person he had become by the end of his last life he decided to push forward because it was better to sleep than to go back to that insanity.

As Shan Quon settled his mind he went to the walk-in closet, it was filled with clothing, shoes, and anything he would need. They all confirmed his height and weight and personality, in fact, he had seen these clothes in his last life but instead of being packed in the closet they were still in the shopping bags on the floor of his room and they clearly weren’t as many as there were now.

He looked around and grabbed something simple before he went to the bath and took a cold shower, he wanted to wake himself up a little more so he doesn’t suddenly fall asleep while talking to that woman. A while later he walked out of the bathroom fully dressed in loose-fitting clothes, his hair was still dripping water that trailed down his skin but he ignored it as went to the bed and found the box.

He put it in his pocket and then turned and walked out the room, he didn’t bother to close his door as he headed downstairs, and when he reached halfway he looked around and found that only servants moved up and down but the members of the Shan family were nowhere to be found. Tilting his head he reached down and went into the dining room, the table was empty but it was almost lunch so he figured whoever was home would eventually find themselves here so they could speak then.

He sat in silence and as he expected not too long after a line of servants came to prepare the table for lunch, they all looked a bit startled when they saw him but reclaimed their calm and went about their work. As he looked at them he recognized some of those faces, whether they were from last night or from his life before he could remember how these people treated him as time progressed in his last life.

Those like the old butler treated him with indifference, it was only when he was forcefully locked in the asylum that he had a direct confrontation with the butler. But those of lower status and those who had only worked for a limited amount of time showed their true faces and impatience. They began taking the indignation they felt for having to work as servants on the abandoned bastard that the Shans no longer wanted and him like a fool kept his mouth shut all because of his desire to not appear weak inform of his father.

Some of the servants that were moving about in the room suddenly paused, when they looked up and met his eyes they felt as if chills went up their spines, looking into them they felt nothing but dread. It wasn’t because they felt he could hurt them but because his eyes were clear of even the slightest bit of light and made them feel as if they got closer to him they would become just the same.

These servants began to move faster just so they could get out of the room and soon other servants entered with the lunch and set up the table, they found that their coworkers were acting strangely but paid no mind and went about their work. Only stopping once in a moment to glance up at the new mysterious third young master who lazed in the chair with his eyes closed.

It was at this moment that the sound of heels making contact with tile sounded out in the room and the servants stopped and bowed to the Madam and the First and Second young master as they entered. Huang Zhengqui who walked in the room slightly ahead of her sons stopped for a second when she saw a head of wet hair showing above the chair.

She frowned slightly but walked over and sat at the head of the table, she looked over at Shan Quon who opened his eyes and looked at her lazily before she sighed.

20