Chapter Thirteen
834 10 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remembering how the butler stood in front of the entrance to the dining room and blocked him with a cold look brought back the emotions he had felt at that time. The sudden rush caused him to drop his spoon and hiss, his eyes nearly rolling up into his skull as he held his head.

The image of him at that time was so vivid as if he was reliving the moment, he might have been young but the strong sense of rejection he felt gave him a bit of urgency which caused him to fight harder for the attention of that family.

That was the moment that sent him spiraling towards a faith he would never be able to get away from no matter how much hard work he put in, no matter the amount of blood seat and tears he spent it would never change the outcome, only setting it in stone. 

The sound of the box rattling in his head echoed like a base speaker until he was brought back by a strong tug. The tug stilled the box snapping him out of it, he looked up to see Huang Zhengqui looking at him with furrowed brows.

Looking at her eyes he took a deep breath and was able to calm down.

"Are you okay?"

Regaining his calm he nodded and pulled his hand away from hers, he pushed the chair back and stood up looking at her calmly. Huang Zhengqui stood up and looked at him her brows relaxing as she regained her usual elegance.

"I apologize for the commotion." With these words, he used quick movements to leave the dining room and return to his room. He was sure that it was the fastest he had moved since he had woken up at that door.

Entering his room he closed the door on the three people that he been following him and walked into the bathroom. With quick movements, he removed his shirt and went over to the sink.

Hot water poured out of the tap and onto his skin, he used the soap and began to scrub the part of his arm that had been touched by Huang Zhengqui. With the heat and the friction of scrubbing his arm turned red, the need to continue scrubbing riddled his mind but he forcefully stopped himself and took in a deep breath stepping back from the sink.

Pushing back the need he quietly took the towel from the rack and returned to the room. Shan Quon took a seat in his chair and looked out the window.

"To think that such a simple memory would trigger me..."

He closed his eyes and relaxed in the chair as he pictured himself traveling down a dark and long hallway. Eventually, he stood in front of a small wooden box and looked down at it.

Looking at the obvious marks on it he let out a deep sigh and sat down in front of it in a lotus pose. Stilling himself he trained his sight on the box.

He couldn't believe he had thought that with such a shabby and rushed sealing he would be able to lock away his emotions. The emotions he had been feeling when he was about to meet that family for the second time must have affected him more than he thought it had otherwise he wouldn't have trusted such rushed and careless work. 

Keeping his eyes locked on the box he watched as the markings slowly faded the box that was the size of a jewelry box slowly grew in size before transforming into a traditional Chinese chest.

Markings he couldn't understand at face front but understood the meaning of were slowly carved on the trunk before several bolts took shape around the opening of the box. Finally, intricate locks formed on each bolt and with a thunderous sound they all locked, a cover came over each lock and melded itself to the chest, when it was done silence prevailed in his mind. 

With a deep sigh, he cast one last look at the box and closed his eyes, when he opened his eyes again he was once again sitting in the chair.

A second later a wave of exhaustion swept over him, with no reluctance he closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep unaware of the changes his episode had caused.

Huang Zhengqui looked at the closed door and took the spare key from the butler. She unlocked the door and pushed it open the sight of the pale black-haired Shan Quon sleeping soundly in the chair was what greeted her.

Looking at his face that was shrouded in the sunlight she released the breath she didn't know she was holding. With a relaxed mind, she went over and reached out placing her hand on his forehead. Though there was no fever his skin was cold to the touch, looking at his bare chest she stepped back and looked at the butler and Woo Yu.

"Move him to bed and get the blankets to cover him with."

The two men wasted no time in following her commands as she stood aside and watched. Watching as he was moved it was easy for her to spot the dark red and irritated patch of skin on his arm. The mark was clearly in the place she had tugged to wake him up from his fit knowing this there was no change in her mood.

It was simply that she had added another note to her mind about this boy that had suddenly become her son.

Emotionless, detached, suffering from obvious hypersomnia and now there is a chance that he was suffering from haphephobia, mysophobia, or that he was just simply disgusted at being touched by them.

Either way, he wasn't well and this just made her task of raising a third child that wasn't even hers many times harder.

17