Chapter Twelve
1.3k 9 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once again Shan Quon didn’t awake till noon the next day, when Huang Zhengqui received this report from Ms. Yi her brows furrowed and a slight wrinkle appeared on her flawless face. “Is that child really sick...?”

Shan Gao who had been sitting near her outside under the shade of the patio umbrella huffed and looked away.

Shan Gan glanced at his brother before looking back at his mother. “Did the doctor say anything?”

Huang Zhengqui shook her head “so far from what we got from the results the only issue is his allergies other than that, we’ll have to wait for the other results.”

Shan Gan arched his brow. “What about the report from the orphanage did it mention anything about this?”

He watched as his mother tilted her head and then shook it “the report said he was a hyper go lucky kid, he didn’t seem much affected by his status as an orphan except for his slight need to get close to people. When I got the report I had braced myself to deal with a clingy child, but he’s like the complete opposite of that.” After she said that she sighed and played with her teacup.

Shan Gao rolled his eyes as he huffed and looked at his mother. “Maybe he was just putting up a front, no one likes a gloomy child so he pretended to be carefree to please the people of the orphanage so they would treat him better. Now he feels that since he’s with his own family there is no need to do that so he relaxed and is finally catching up on the rest he missed.”

Both Huang Zhengqui and Shan Gan snapped their head to look at him, there was a clear surprise but when they received his puzzled look they looked away and cleared their throats.

Huang Zhengqui was the first to speak “it should be as such… but if that’s the case then his mental health is probably not good, maybe getting someone to look at him would be a safe bet. I’ll tell father this when he gets home.” After she had said this the matter was settled and the group of people went back to their original conversation while Ms. Yi rushed back to the room.

Shan Quon who had not too long woken up walked out the bathroom with his hair dripping, he was wearing a set of fresh clothes that hung on his loosely adding to his lazy appearance. He looked over at Ms. Ye who walked out of the closet with a blow dryer and frowned causing her to stop in her tracks.

“No need for that.” He spoke lightly before looking to Woo Yu “is it time for lunch, I’m hungry.”

Woo Yu looked at his watch and then nodded “the servants should be preparing the dining room at this time, Third young master.” Shan Quon nodded with the intention to go out of the room but was slightly blocked by Woo Yu who looked at him with a gentle smile. “The young madam had sent us to take care of you and part of that would be making sure you dry your hair after a bath so you don’t fall sick.”

Shan Quon looked at him and sighed “I don’t like heat, pass me the towel.”

Woo Yu nodded and happily stepped back, Shan Quon took the towel and roughly rubbed his head for a good minute before he stopped. The action startled Woo Yu and the other two servants, they stared at him with wide eyes but he ignored them. His fingers brushed through his hair and he walked out of the room with a lazy step, Woo Yu and the servants exchanged looks before they followed after him.

Shan Quon brushed off the things that just happened as he remembered that he had decided to just accept it, he also knew that Woo Yu and the others were just doing their job while that madam didn’t really hold any bad intentions for him. He sighed and made his way to the bottom of the stairs just as Huang Zhengqui, Shan Gan and, Shan Gao returned from the garden.

Huang Zhengqui looked at him and gave a gentle smile “were you able to rest well?” her only reply was a simple nod but she didn’t seem bothered by it. “That’s good, it’s time for lunch let’s go.” After speaking she walked ahead, Shan Gan nodded at him and Shan Gao gave him the same scowl before following after his mother.

Shan Quon looked at the backs of the trio and then tilted his head slightly before continuing to the dining room, when he walked in the table was set and the people were seated. Instead of the grandness of dinner, there was a simple Chinese-styled lunch set out in front of him, but he knew even with the appearance the ingredients couldn’t be underestimated.

As he sat down a servant placed a bowl of porridge in front of him, he arched his brow and looked up when he heard Huang Zhengqui’s voice. “You haven’t eaten anything for more than twelve hours, the porridge is light but has good nutrients so eat that to settle your stomach and then eat your lunch.”

He nodded slightly and slowly ate the porridge as the mother and sons talked among themselves while they ate, though it was nothing important he could see that they had gotten comfortable enough around him. It was heading in the opposite direction it had in his last life because by the third day he was asked to eat separately and then when the next family gathering happened he wasn’t allowed in the dining room.

 

 

 

25