Chapter Eleven
642 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He brushed away the memory so the box wouldn’t be stirred and quietly waited on the old master because if he wasn’t present the food would be served. A while later the old man walked in and gave a light greeting before he sat down, then the servants came in carrying trays of food. Since Shan Quon was now present things like seafood and fish couldn’t be served unless the others ate privately so the options were now limited.

Shan Quon looked at the large tray of venison meat and the other dishes that surrounded it and wondered if the small group of six people could finish it, he sat up deciding that even if they couldn’t he’d be sure to do his part. The old master took his share first and then others began to take what they wanted, because for many reasons Shan Quon was an avid fan of meat, and even when he was struggling he would do anything as long as he could eat just a little.

By the time he was finished dishing his plate was mostly taken by the venison with a bit of potato and vegetables on the side. The others in the room paused when they saw this. Even Shan Gao stopped to look at him with a look that said he was being ridiculed as a ‘peasant’. Shan Quon ignored them and dug into his meal, though he kept with the etiquette he was moving noticeably faster than usual. The old master cleared his throat and everyone looked away and focused on eating their own dinner.

After dinner was over Shan Quon quietly left the group of people to talk among themselves and returned to his room, he went and sat in the lounge chair and pulled out his phone. He tapped on it for a second and came to a decision that he should at least come up with a sleep schedule, but would put it off until he had to start school in two months.

He knew that since many things had changed in his life before there would be a chance that he would be put into the same school as the twins. The school they attended was a prestigious school that all of the Shan children attended, just like the other children of similar ranked families in the area. But the things about this school were that even if you were rich you couldn’t pay your way in, you had to have a certain level of grades and prestige to enter.

It was because of this that the school didn’t have many children, but also because of this that the students that were accepted were only given the best resources. There was a saying that those that hadn’t attended the school couldn’t mingle well with those that had. He had known the truth of this matter because even though the school he had attended in his last life was a good one, he could never get in the circles of the ones that had gone to that prestigious school.  

But as he sat there and came to this conclusion he wasn’t too worried, it was because of his affected emotions that he had struggled in his last life but now that they had been taken care of his mind was clear. His messy thoughts had left leaving much room for his mind to operate in a certain manner, it was good enough that he had retained everything he had learned before, with some light brushing up he would be fine.

He noticed that he might have been a born genius in his last life taking the intelligent traits of Shan Uang, but because of his high and out-of-control emotions, he could only be an average Joe. It was really a miracle from heaven that he could be such a successful business person. Shan Quon sighed and unlocked his phone, in this life he wouldn’t strive as hard as he did so becoming a businessman, something he hadn’t been happy to do in his last life, was out of the question.

His fingers moved fluidly as he pulled up an app store and then downloaded a video game, he knew that if he wanted to keep himself from falling into a rhythm of constant sleep and then deal with heavy consequences when it was time for school he would have to find a few distractions. Even though the Shan mansion was overflowing with activities he could do to keep his mind clear, he was too lazy to move around and he wanted to be away from that group of people as much as possible, so as to lower the risk he would remain in his room.

He looked at the game that was a play to win and passed his phone to Woo Yu. “Attach the card to this account, in fact, there should be other accounts listed in the phone just attach them to the card. You can keep track of the amount in the card and if I run out just inform her so it will be refilled.” Woo Yu nodded and quickly did as he was told before passing back the phone.

Shan Quon took the phone and slid into a comfortable position in the chair before he started up the game and began to play. He didn’t even bother with the tutorial as if would be more fun to figure it out by himself and began playing the game. As he did he noticed how quickly he picked up everything and then paused for a second as he swished through his memories. A second later he deleted the game and went to find another, when he said he wanted to have as little contact as possible with those people he meant it, so playing one of Shan Gao’s favorite games wasn’t a good idea. Using his memories he avoided all the games he remembered the children of the Shan family mentioning or those he heard about in passing.

After eliminating that long list he found a few games, they were a little unpopular but he didn’t care as he downloaded them one after the other, he hooked his account to them and began to play. When he finally stopped it was nearing midnight, Woo Yu who had been standing there noticed Shan Quon’s intention to get up and stepped forward to take his phone.

Shan Quon went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth, washed his face, and didn’t bother to bathe again because he not too long did it. When he was done he trudged to his bed and fell into a deep sleep as soon as his head made contact with his pillow.

24