Chapter Ten
630 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He sighed and brushed it off, nothing he said was going to make them leave, maybe if he protested the most that would happen was to have them switched with others. He would even end up disgusting the people in the family and arouse their suspicion, I mean why would he want to chase the servant away if he wasn’t hiding something?

Shan Quon sighed and walked into the closet, he took out a dark set of sleepwear and then went to the bathroom, for an obvious reason he wasn’t too comfortable with the scent the hospital left on him. In fact, he wasn’t too comfortable going to any form of the hospital because of the things in his past life, he knew if he hadn’t locked his emotions away then there was no way he would be able to stomach being in such a place.

He stripped off his clothes and dropped them on the floor before he got in the shower, using the previously unopened soap he scrubbed his skin until it was red and he could no longer smell the scent from before. He got out and dried off, he lightly patted his head with the towel, it was still wet but not to the point of dripping. When he was finished he got dressed and went out of the bathroom he glanced at the three people that lined up close to the doorway and walked towards the window.

“Throw out the things on the bathroom floor, I’m going to sleep for a bit, wake me when it’s time for the meal or if Old Master Shan calls. If it’s anyone else just tell them I’m sleeping.” After saying that he took a seat in the lounge chair by the window and fell asleep with warm rays shining on his face.

As he slept Woo Yu sent the servants to do as instructed while he stood to watch over his new young master.

On the fourth floor of the mansion that had been reserved for the old Master, the door leading into his office was opened and the old master sat behind his desk as he looked at the Sixth Madam. “So tell me what happened with that child today, was there anything you took notice of?”

Huang Zhengqui shook her head as she sat in an upright position in the chair. She spoke with a steady voice as the old master listened intently to the things she told him. After recounting she slightly shook her head “…aside from those there was nothing of notice, the entire time he just peacefully went along with everything I did, even at the end when he noticed the paparazzi he didn’t react in any way and went along with the play.

The only worrying thing is the way he carries himself, the test results that we received showed there was nothing wrong with his health. But there are still pending results that would arrive in a few days, when they come we can make a decision based on them. But from what I can tell it’s probably because of the way he lived before coming home, he is most likely just burnt out, as long as he is well taken care of there shouldn’t be an issue.”

After giving her repost she watched at her father-in-law, the old man furrowed his brows and rubbed at his chin as he seriously contemplated what he had been told. After a while he nodded “it should be as such, just make sure nothing happens to him before we can come to a conclusion, if he is without fault I’ll hold his coming of age banquet two years from now. That should be sufficient time for the family to investigate him, for now, we’ll just have bits and pieces of information “leaked” about him once in a while.”

Huang Zhengqui nodded and got up to leave after confirming the conversation had ended, the old man watched her leave and then swiveled his chair so he was facing the window. He looked out at the open garden and sighed. “Soon we might welcome a new grandchild my move… I just hope he doesn’t end up like…”

In the room after Shan Quon had been sleeping for more than an hour, he was gently awakened by Woo Yu, he sat up drowsily and received the warm towel from the other. He used it to wipe his face until he was pulled from his drowsy state, he passed the towel back and ignored the blanket that fell to the ground as he got up and walked out of the room.

Woo Yu followed behind him followed by one servant as the other remained in the room to tidy up, his head was tilted to the side as he walked down the stairs in slow steps. By the time he reached the dining room most of the family were there, because it wasn’t a big family gathering the ones that sat in the room were the sixth family.

Shan Uang sat on the right side of the head chair with his wife at his side, while Shan Gan sat on the left side with Shan Gao next to him. Shan Quon looked at the empty head chair and took a seat next to Shan Gao, the other scowled and looked like he wanted to leave. He was struck by the cold stare from his father, he could only frown and shifted away a little but remained in his chair.

Shan Quon didn’t even glance at his antics and just lazily leaned in the opposite direction, he wasn’t bothered by the actions of the other. He’d much rather preferred the openly hateful and blunt Shan Gao than the others that out up amiable appearances while doing secret calculations. Even in his last life even though Shan Gao stayed away from him he would still scowl every time he saw him while Shan Gan gave him a polite smile.

23