Chapter Fourteen
1.2k 7 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at Shan Quon who was finally covered with a blanket after being dressed in a t-shirt, Huang Zhengqui let out a small sigh and then left the room. Returning downstairs she took out her phone and made a call to the old master, she reported all that had transpired from the appearance of Shan Quon around lunchtime to him being placed on the bed.

After she had finished there was a second of silence before the old Master's voice came through the phone. "Did he eat anything?"

Though she was a bit surprised she still answered crisply "Aside from a small bowl of porridge he hadn't eaten anything for the day."

"I understand, allow him to rest when I return tonight he can be awakened to eat with us. As for the rest, we have to wait for the results  from the hospital test to come out, and then we can move from there." The Old Master paused for a second and then spoke again "Just keep an eye on him for now and if anything happens give me a call, I have to go now take care."

"Yes, father."

Ending the call Huang Zhengqui turned around to see her sons looking at her as they leaned on the wall, looking at the two she gave them a soft smile and walked over to pet both of them on their heads. They returned to the dining room and continued their meal choosing not the focus on what had just occurred. 

When the old Master and young Master returned the sun had long receded from the sky giving way to the moon. Standing at the door the butler assisted them in removing their coats and hanging them on the coat rack by the door and then placing the slippers by their feet. As they put them on he took their work bags and passed them to the servants who were on standby for them to be sent up to their respective studies. 

Looking at his daughter-in-law and his two grandsons that welcomed them home the two men smiled and then the family moved to the living room to discuss their day. 

An hour later the butler informed them that dinner was ready, but instead of going to the dining room the Old Master went upstairs with the butler and Woo Yu in tow stopping in front of the opened door to Shan Quon's room.

Looking at the new member of his family that now slept like the dead all the old man could do was sigh.

When he was first made aware of the existence of the child he didn't know how to react, after decades in the business world there was finally something that brought his surprise and made him flustered. He remembered just sitting there blankly for nearly an hour. When he came back to his senses he quickly summoned the butler his only order being that he wanted to see the child in front of him within the next twenty-four hours and as he ordered it was done. 

It had not been a week from the time he knew of the child's existence to this point in time so he still hadn't thought of how to face the child. The only thing he was sure of was that this child was a member of his family and it was his responsibility to take care of him.

Looking at the troubled butler who was trying to wake up the child he could only sigh and stride over with a rough hand he watched as the young child drowsily opened his eyes and blink at him.

His eyes fluttered as if he wanted to fall asleep again but with another shake from him the child opened his eyes and slowly sat up. He was still confused but still took the rag from Woo Yu and wiped his face, fully waking himself up... at least it appeared an attempt was made.

The Old Master watched as Shan Quon got out of bed and slipped on the cardigan handed by Woo Yu before he lead the way out of the room, straight down to the dining room. Taking his place at the head of the table he watched as Shan Quon sat in his seat and slump down slightly before he took his utensils and began to eat. 

Shan Quon who had taken a seat in the same chair he had been sitting in for every meal since his first day in the house, tried his best to keep his eyes open as he used the spoon to scoop some of the flavor-packed condensed soup into his mouth. As he did the uncomfortable feeling in his head and stomach lessened causing him to become more comfortable as he slowly ate. 

When he was finished with the soup the empty bowl was moved from in front of him and a hot steaming plate of white rice and lamb stew was placed in front of him. Though his portion was much smaller than the others that sat at the table the reason was obvious and even if it wasn't Quon was too busy enjoying the mouth-watering taste to pay any attention to it. 

Soon the plate was clear and a tall glass of hot milk was set in front of him, though the steam was visible Quon still gulped it down leaving a tinge of honey on his lips as he slumped further in his chair. 

By the time the old Master had finished his meal and had enough time to pay attention to Quon he had already shifted into a comfortable position and was sleeping with a steady breath. The old man could only sigh and give the order for Quon to be carried to his bed before returning his attention to the rest of the family as he thought about when the results of the test would be available.

 

 

 

15