Endearing act
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yana was conflicted. Should she act nice to him or just ignore him but from the beginning, he didn't mock her as the others did at the table. Although Yana felt he was suspicious, her impression of him wasn't too bad.

"Nice to meet you," Yana gave him a friendly smile, "I'm Yana, as you know."

"Ah, Miss Yana," his lips curled into a small smile and Yana really felt his looks rivalled Luka, especially the sharp glint in his eyes was neither overbearing, cold nor arrogant like Luka's, but it was penetrating, even a bit teasing. Most of all, he gave people the feeling that he looked through them.

He made them uneasy but also for some reason flattered. Attractively mysterious yet devastatingly dangerous.

"You're here for...?" realising he still held her hand Yana retracted it and politely continued to humour him.

Although it seemed like Yana caught his interest, he didn't want to get closer to her. Just watching her from afar like a prey. Suddenly, a weird tingling spread through Yana's stomach. The more their gazes collided, the more she felt he was skinning her alive.

Uncomfortable yet weirdly pleasing being on edge like this. It made Yana aware just how Luka's presence was soothing and comforting, even if she found he was irritating.

Luka was like the deep water, endlessly surrounding her, gently pulling her towards the end, while this guy, Jin, was like the dark night threatening to swallow her whole, black and eerie yet wonderfully attracting.

Not even a second after she had these thoughts, Yana tensed up. Jin was someone she shouldn't get involved with. Hopefully, she'd never see him again.

"Just wanted to give the beautiful lady a present because her show was truly amusing," as if everything Yana felt about him was just a pretence, it evaporated like smoke, numbing her senses and clouded her mind, so when she finally opened her eyes she saw that she misjudged Jin.

He was just a free-spirited and fun guy. That was the second impression Yana had of him. The dark night made way for a sunny ball of sunshine. All genuine smiles. Even the suffocating air around them disappeared.

He was someone Yana definitely shouldn't get to know. Normally, people would think they just read him wrong but Yana knew that he switched faces like it was nothing.

"My show?" nevertheless, Yana played along with him.

"Yes, it was amusing. Seeing these arrogant people being slapped around like that and even a CEO apologising to you. It was a very fun haha!" Jin clapped his hands and looked like a brat now.

"Really?" Yana widened her eyes. Maybe it wasn't too bad to pretend with him, "I thought you'd also be one of those arrogant people," or else why would they sit at the same table?

"Me? No, no, is it because of my handsome, elegant looks you think so highly of me?" Jin heartedly laughed and Yana rolled her eyes.

Being called arrogant wasn't a compliment...

But this Jin really seemed like a completely different person now.

"Ah, I knew. My looks are giving me too much trouble," Jin looked like he was truly troubled and lost as if saying 'But I can't do anything about my handsomeness! I was born like that!'

Yana's eye twitched. He was a damn narcissist! Not sure if he was pretending or not but it already annoyed her.

"Ah yes, indeed too problematic. How dare you look like this," you dipshit.

Yana's deadpan answer brought a smirk to Jin's face, "My lady, I'm glad you think the same way!"

No need to act so dramatic here!

Jin even got on his knees, looking like he wanted to propose to her in front of the toilet.

"My Lady your hand."

"Do I have to play along?"

"My Lady, please," Jin held out his hand with much poise and elegance waiting for Yana to put hers in his.

"Alright, I'll humour you," Yana had no idea what was wrong with him but they already looked like idiots, so where was the harm?

Yana put her full-of-veins-littered hand in Jin's.

"As a present for My lady's bravery, I'll gift you this."

A cold and hard object was placed into Yana's hand.

"A car key?" Yana inspected it before her eyes moved to Jin who stood up and smiled again, "Yes, everything you need is inside there in the underground parking place. I hope we can see each other again."

With that Jin left Yana perplexed alone. Yana has already made up her mind to never see him again. The car key shone in her hand. It was the key to a Porsche. Such an expensive car, was he taking the piss out of her? But then Yana was reminded of his 'everything you needed was inside the car.' Could it be-?

Yana quickly scrambled to pull out her phone and as expected, Marie's message was there, "Has the informant made contact yet?"

So that Jin guy was the person Marie sent to give Yana what she needed? But why did it feel like that Jin guy wasn't just someone who worked for the same place as Yana? Why was it that she felt like he was someone completely different?

Very quickly Yana typed an affirmative reply to Marie before she heard panting behind her.

"I... I bought it..."

Perplexed Yana turned around and saw Luka out of breath leaning against the wall.

Curious Yana asked, her eyes fixated on the slightly red tips of Luka's ears, "What did you buy?"

"The... the thing you need," Luka caught his breath before handing Yana a package of pads.

Pads?

"The woman told me you needed some."

"So you went?"

"Yeah, there's a store not far from here."

Yana's heart felt a bit warm. She was sure that it was Jin's doing to get Luka away but seeing that he actually made the effort to run and get her pads because he was worried was too endearing. Taking a closer look, Yana drew closer to Luka and brushed the hair out of his face.

Once her fingers made contact with his face both felt a small current dancing in their chests. After all, Yana wasn't wrong. Luka really made her feel at ease. His presence was just... too good for her.

***

In a private room, on the bed, a woman wriggled seductively and placed her arms around a sturdy chest, "Babe, don't be too angry."

"How can I not be?" Mik exhaled smoke as he drew from the cigarette before throwing it on the ground where Mr K knelt.

Mik sized him up, "I see that's the woman you t previously told me about?"

"Yes, yes!" Mr K's pitiful fat wiggled with each anxious movement of his.

"Deal with her accordingly then."

"Yes, yes!" Mr K instantly got up and scrammed.

Although he still had nightmares about being strangled and Yana knew their secrets, Mr K's anger only rose.

Tonight they would set out their plan. Even if Yana knew about it, she was still bold enough to come here, this only meant that she was begging to be kidnapped and exploited, right?

0