A big spectacle
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yana turned her back to the guests and faced the table as if she was trying to figure out which snack to choose while in reality, she inauspiciously wiped the sweat from her forehead away.

Damn Luka forcing such a situation to surface! Yana took a deep breath. Now, she was finally left alone and she could already hear the click-clack behind her. The sound of high heels, rapidly approaching her.

Yana rolled her eyes before she turned around and pretended to be surprised. The female in front of her was a bit taller than Yana. Her tight dress perfectly hugged her hourglass figure, her long blond hair effortlessly highlighted her gorgeous face. Peach blossom eyes, a small nose and plump lips, the perfect innocence in a face yet her body was trying to seduce others.

She really had the charm of a delicate flower everyone wanted to protect, keep to themselves and defile. The second Yana met her eyes, she smiled amicably as if she wanted to make friends with Yana.

"Please don't feel surprised," her voice was laced with sweet honey engulfing and sticking to one's heart, "I'd like to get closer to you! It's rare for Luka to come to these kinds of events, especially to bring a partner along, so I was a bit curious. I hope you don't mind me being rude!"

Even her words were so predictable and her intentions just oozed out of her innocent and friendly front. It was clear she tried to show off her familiarity with Luka by calling him by his first name instead of addressing him formally like everyone else would do.

Yana returned the smile and nodded, "This would be great! Honestly, I was a bit worried since I'm not familiar with everyone and this environment."

"Oh, dear!'' the girl instantly linked arms with Yana, "You did an amazing job on the stage! Look at you! You're so pretty, smart and cute, there's nothing to worry about! I'm sure Luka brought you here to gain some experience. Once he comes back, I'll talk to him to let you off."

In other words, Luka and I are close so there's no place for you. How can you compare to me with your attitude and looks? So scram.

Yana slightly sneered. As if this girl could change Luka's mind by talking to him. Did she place herself so high up?

"If you could do that, then that'd be amazing," Yana's eyes sparkled and sincerely looked thankful.

"Don't worry," the female pulled Yana around the hall and Yana more or less heard the whispers.

"This girl's really lucky! She came as the partner for the CEO of M.M. and now she seems to be also favoured by the young Miss of the Lino family!"

Of course, these were all empty words for Yana to hear who didn't know the amazing identity of the female next to her.

In truth, everyone could see that the young miss was ready to publicly humiliate this low person who dared to come to this banquet where she didn't belong to.

The Lino family was renowned throughout the country. It was a family that had their hands in the oil business. They were giants. Many rumours surrounded them. One of the most prominent rumour was that they had many connections to the military. Especially that they had their own private army.

Yana didn't know how much of it was true as she didn't bother to check any of the guests' background. It didn't interest her because she wasn't going to mingle with them anyways.

But making an enemy out of the Lino family wasn't a good idea, so Yana tried to at least be polite to this young Miss.

Although they called her the young Miss, was she directly related to the main family or did she belong to one of the subfamilies? However, it didn't matter.

Her arrogance and spoiled nature that made her think she could and should attain everything she wanted, was the same as any important person's.

"Ah, young miss," Yana slightly stopped so that the young Miss couldn't walk forward and confused looked at Yana.

"What's wrong?" the young miss smiled but who knew what thoughts flew around her mind.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to greet these gentlemen," Yana pointed to the three managers in the corner who were whispering amongst each other.

The young Miss followed the direction and her eyes lit up as if she was about to see a good show, nevertheless, she still said, "Are you sure you want to talk to them? They were trying to disrespect you. It's not good to create a mess here. I'm worried about you," then she tightened her grip on Yana as if she really worried about Yana.

"Don't worry! It'll be fine! I have you as a friend!"

"Ah, of course! I won't let anything happen to you," the young Miss played along with the fake conversation that was just cringy to Yana.

She has heard many stories about the 'wars' that went on in the high society circles but for this to actually happen? That was absurd. These people were out there trying to bring each other down with hidden and sly words just to maintain their faces and rise in reputation. They were so eager to place themselves above everyone else that they resort to these petty actions. Wasn't it tiring?

The young Miss clung to Yana afraid that she would miss this spectacle and even actively led Yana towards the managers.

Meanwhile, she talked a lot as well, "You know those three companies are so awful. How can they try to humiliate M.M? I feel bad for Luka who has to endure all of this."

In other words, look how much trouble you made Luka and even have people make fun of him, you good for nothing. It's all your fault.

"I really hope you won't give them any face, they don't deserve it and-"

The words just went in and out of Yana's ears as she tried to figure out a good way to pull her plan off. Should she offend them or shouldn't she? Should she cause a big chaos or should she do things quietly?

All these important questions made their way through Yana's head as she absent-mindedly stared at the sight of the managers coming closer to her.

The managers turned to see Yana approaching them and hurried to break off their conversation. A small smile crept on her face.

She already made a fool out of herself, so why should she lay low now? It was decided. She would end this with a big bang.

0