Fancy a little bit of DNA?
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm telling you! It's done with a double-take on-"

"No, no, it's two forty-"

"Stop it now. This is useless. Is everything ready?" Mr M straightened his back and looked at Mr S and Mr K who were bickering about a useless topic that had nothing to do with their goal.

"Yeah, it is. My boss is already informed. We can start it any second. We just need to find that arrogant lass and-" Mr K stopped half way as he saw their target right approaching them.

"That girl has no shame, does she?" Mr M calmly said while his fingers and body craved a cigarette. He should've gone smoking before coming in here and being stuck with these two idiots next to him.

"It's the young miss. As beautiful as always," Mr S' silver tongue was quick in action. He rubbed his hands and smiled politely but people couldn't help but feel he was slimy and sticky.

"What honour brings the young miss to us?" Mr K didn't want to lose out on kissing up to the Lino family. The more powerful connections on he had, the better the future was.

Yana only rolled her eyes while she still had to link arms with the young miss who laughed as if she was secretly pleased about Yana's misfortune. It was obvious as clear as the day that Yana stood next to the young Miss who would miss her?

But the three managers deliberately ignored her presence, giving Yana no face, as they continued to only acknowledge the young miss.

"Oh my, how nice of you," the young Miss' fake laughter about something brought Yana back to reality, "Please don't forget that Miss Yana is also here. Isn't she your project manager?"

"Ah yes," Mr S' smile grew wider, "She's the leader of the project per se. Isn't it obvious that anyone can see how much... Miss Yana is favoured?"

"Oh my, don't say something like this! It's almost as if you wanted to slander Luka! Luka has no fault in this, right Miss Yana?" the young miss' eye smile bored into Yana.

"Of course," Yana only said this and smiled back.

She had no energy to deal with this harassment that was obviously directed at her. Yana only said two words and the other four went silent. This wasn't what they wanted. This was no fun if Yana half-heartedly agreed with them and went along.

Coincidentally the goal Yana had was always the same goal the four tried to reach. Right now, unknowingly, they all worked together, one way or another, to fulfil their goal.

But before they were able to set anything in motion, many women flocked to them seeing that Yana already was surrounded by people and it was hard to approach her without seeming to be underhanded.

All these women were from equally big families such as the young miss or, though they were in the minority, had some sort of success themselves. However, one thing was clear and that was they all shared the same sentiments.

To figure out who this lowly and shameless girl was that was able to become Luka's partner, the spot they desperately wanted to occupy since a long time ago. Yana only rolled her eyes for the 100th time.

Some humans were really fickle beings, their emotions fleeting yet their ambitions lofty.

Even the devil would shake his head at this greed and human nature.

The livelier the things around Yana became, the more people were attracted and flocked towards her who became the centre of attention.

This was definitely not what Yana wanted. It actually messed things up. At first, there were only 4 of them but now, 20 people were having their fun at the expense of Yana's face.

The bang she wanted this to end with, slowly saw its chances minimised. In the end, Yana couldn't offend so many people, no matter where she stood. Only upsetting three pitiful managers and a kidnapping already waited in cover for her.

Banquets. Social gatherings were too tiring. Yana missed her carefree days where she loved to meet and hang out with people but this wasn't it.

She rubbed her temple a bit but every action of hers was caught, condemned and scrutinised.

"Oh my, Yana are you already tired?" the young Miss worried put her arm around Yana's shoulder but it successfully drew everyone's attention to sneer at her.

"Well, it's her first time after all."

"That's why you don't bring unrelated people to such important events. They neither learned the proper etiquette nor manners."

"People of low status are truly too pitiful."

Yana listened to everyone's remarks wordlessly. There was no point in arguing with them, each and every word could be easily twisted. Instead, Yana smiled and took a glass of champagne from a wandering waiter, "Thank you for worrying."

She then motioned Mr K to come closer and stand next to her. The other women only sneered and whispered amongst themselves. Yana took the time to swirl the glass and held it out to young Miss, "Please accept this drink. It's to our friendship. You're so good to me, how can we not toast to your kindness?"

In other words, Yana gave the young Miss two options. The first was to accept it and keep her face or the second was to refuse it and admit she was just pretending. The surrounding women grew amused at the situation, they wanted to see which decision the young Miss would make.

Even though they all rallied together to bully Yana, it was still each on their own. If they could tear down someone else in the social circle, then it was their victory.

So feelings such as friendship were all just pretences in this world of high-society. During the time, Yana pretended to trip slightly almost leaning on Mr K while she accidentally held the glass up to his mouth who was confused before Yana turned to the young miss again.

"I'd love to," the young Miss had no other choice but to accept.

"Then to your kindness and our friendship," Yana took another glass and held it up before drinking a bit.

"I'm glad we became closer, you also don't mind that..." Yana looked around a bit shyly, "That Mr K accidentally spit in the glass."

CLANG.

The champagne glass shattered on the ground as the young miss froze on the spot. The other people excitedly held their breath.

"I-I'm so sorry," Yana feigned an anxious expression, "I didn't know either! Mr K only told me now. As I held the glass up, he secretly spit in it then I... then I... not knowingly gave it to you. I hope you don't mind! You're so kind, how can you mind something small like this, right?"

"You-" the young miss was visibly angry but had to suppress it with all her might as murmurs flew around, "The young miss is always so nice and budding, don't tell me she was just pretending all the time?"

"Why would I be angry? You didn't do it on purpose," the young miss swallowed her hatred down as she forced a smile but her insides were churning with rage.

She couldn't lash out in public but she swore she'd rip Yana apart later. There was no way she didn't know there was spit! She purposefully let her drink it!

0