Ridiculous farce
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Yana pulled out the small bag, there were only two things in there. One was attached to the open trunk door and the second gilded softly through her hands. She put it back into the car as her hands fumbled around the back of her dress.

1, 2... Yana found the zipper.

3, 4... Yana pulled the zipper down and

5-

There were a total of 5 men. The straps of her dress fell over her shoulders as she slowly removed the dress before it glided to the ground, revealing Yana in her bra and black leggings.

Then she took the t-shirt from the small bag and put it on. She picked up the dress, carefully folded it before it landed in the trunk. Next, she removed her heels and changed them for a pair of comfortable sneakers. Yana lightly laughed to herself.

The men waiting in cover for her really let her finish changing instead of attacking her when she was in her most vulnerable state.

As Yana threw the heels into the trunk too, she put her hair in a ponytail and counted the seconds. Nothing happened. What were they waiting for?

Ah, perhaps-

"Oh, not good," suddenly something dropped on the ground and rolled away. Yana let out a surprised sound as she ran after it.

There were only three cars in this corner including Yana's and two columns that were only a few metres away from Yana, meaning four possible hiding places. The little torch-like thing rolled towards one of the cars that was parked across Yana's before it finally came to a halt.

"Ah, there you are," Yana bent down to pick the thing up before-

WOOSH

With a swift movement, Yana's hand tore upwards and a wet liquid poured onto her face.

Her torch-like thing actually turned out to be a knife. Yana stood back up and twirled the knife in her hand as her eyes coldly looked at the male in front of her who stumbled backwards.

A light red line appeared on her neck. Even though the wound was terribly shallow, the blood still dropped. Silence overtook the parking lot as the white marble was slowly tainted by red. Surprised eyes and vigilance met Yana.

The other four men who have been hiding started to come out and surrounded her. Yana brilliantly smiled at them, "Don't look at me like this. It was either me or you, so I only made the decision first."

The men didn't say anything but continued to circle her. Yana wiped the blood off her face and stared at the red on her fingers.

It was daunting how calm Yana was. Although she calculated that the male would step back and she restrained herself enough not to actually slice his neck, now that she saw the blood and the wounded person in front of her, Yana's heart was unfazed. A life was so fleeting in someone else's eyes and hands.

Yana suppressed the feelings but the scream in the far corner of her heart continuously messed her up. She, slowly but surely, turned into the person she desperately loathed to become. In the end, Yana briefly closed her eyes, it was all inevitable. In the face of death that was.

But Yana wouldn't let it come to that. Not yet. For now, she could still pretend to be innocent, continue to play the lifeless shell of a person she used to be, how long it'd take for the decay was up to her but out of her hands.

For now, Yana could fool herself and everyone that it was just self-defence, that she was only a cheerful compassionate person and not the cold-hearted, indifferent and disgusting person she would turn into in the future.

For her goal, for her life, for the world, Yana could do anything.

But now-

Yana opened her eyes and a sparkle so bright it rivalled the most beautiful moonshine in the night danced in her irises-

now, she was only an orphanage caretaker meeting an old uni friend who turned out to be a CEO.

A cinderella in every female's dream story who was wronged but magically overcame everything, with a man who doted on her. Right now, this was the role Yana was playing.

Her carefreeness stunned the men for a few seconds before they took out their own knives.

The man she harmed, lightly dabbed his wound with a piece of tissue, before also pointing a knife at her. Wasn't this situation ridiculous? Overdramatic? Straight out of a drama?

"What should I do, so you'll leave a poor maiden like me alone?"

"Poor maiden my ass! Drop the knife!" one of the males spoke up. They were all dressed in black and their faces were covered with a mask and their heads with a cap.

"Drop the knife now!" as the words echoed from the walls the men closed in on Yana, leaving her no choice but to comply. She had nowhere to retreat.

Yana held up the knife and then dropped it as they said. With a clang, it landed on the ground and was kicked away.

Yet Yana paid it no heed and just looked at the males, "Why are you here? What do you want from me? I didn't do anything,"

These typical words made it out of her mouth with a monotone voice.

"You should know who you have offended."

"Simply for that?" Yana couldn't lie but be surprised that they really wanted to kidnap her so cruelly.

"Why go through such an effort?"

"We don't want to hurt you, in fact, we were told to catch you but because you humiliated people you shouldn't have, you gotta suffer," the male who has spoken until now didn't seem to have any grudge against Yana.

He actually spoke in a matter-of-fact tone, indicating that he was used to doing such a dirty job.

"You do this for a living?"

Yana hit the nail on the head as the man slightly flinched. It was so small that it'd normally go unnoticed but Yana still caught it.

"I'm right, aren't I?"

No one answered her instead the man looked at her before saying, "Just come with us obediently and sign the agreement and we'll be lenient with you."

Laughter rose in Yana's throat and a crooked smile covered her beautiful face, "Agreement?"

"Hand over the project and keep yourself out of the matter."

Yana couldn't help but laugh out loud now. This was too ridiculous. It was obvious that this wasn't all but if it was, going so far for such a small project was too laughable.

Yana wiped her tears away as she calmed herself down and her voice turned cold, "But I don't want to."

0