What do we say?
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WOOSH

There was a slight pause before chaos erupted. After Yana's last words echoed in the parking lot, the men shed all pretences and had no interest in talking to her anymore. They backed in on Yana causing the circle around her to become smaller.

Yana could feel the atmosphere change in the air. It was cold, taunting yet also clam. Out of her eye corners, she saw that one of the men pulled something out of their jacket. She instantly figured out their plan was. The others distracted Yana while one man would drug her, then they shove her in a car, tie her up and do who knows what to her until their boss was satisfied.

Yana briefly closed her eyes. Breathed in and out. She could feel their presence creeping up on her, heard their footsteps, their breathing edging closer. Familiar words and a soothing yet cold tone appeared in Yana's mind as a blurry figure glided in front of her.

"Yana, do you know how to get out if you're surrounded?'' it was Roy's face.

On a sunny day where the heat was scorching hot, Roy relentlessly forced her to train even as her feet were about to give out, even when her body was worn down from sweat, dirt and fatigue, even when she could barely open her eyes, Roy drilled that question into her each time she failed to make it out of the encirclement.

Parts of combat uniforms were the only thing that Yana recognised as her comrades were ready to pounce on her.

"Find that opening, no matter how small it is, size it and ride on its momentum."

Back then, Yana only had scorn for these words that Roy would always say after asking this question.

Yana thought it was easy for him to say that. He was used to it, he had done it so many times but Yana was a newbie, continuously beaten up, thrown down and had no strength left.

Even though these were all just mock practices, her training partners were ruthless and it was not much different than from being in an actual life-threatening situation or even on a battlefield.

No matter how many times Yana tried to get away from the people surrounding her, it was impossible. They had experience, were better trained, had the build and fighting abilities for it.

Yet Yana? After failing at least a 1000 times, she finally got the hang of it. Finally used her head and all her previous training experiences.

Yet Roy? Not a single praise. All he said was, "Too slow. You should've gotten it by the fifth try at least, maximum."

That stone-faced jerk. Just thinking about it made Yana angry. She opened her eyes but now she didn't even need to see it. She just felt it.

That slight opening. Even if there was none-

"Just create one," Yana repeated Roy's words. It was as simple as that.

Her eyes flashed as she swept her view across the men approaching her. They nodded at each other. But there was one person Yana had her back faced to and that person was her goal.

Yana put on a terrified expression as she pretended to belatedly realise what they were trying to do, "Stay away!"

She trembling backed off and just as she thought, the men cornered her slowly towards the guy behind her, so Yana would fall into the trap and be drugged by him.

Just how they wanted, Yana stumbled backwards until she lightly hit the male behind her. She saw his arms moving to her face, wanting to suffocate her with a cloth while the men in front of her exerted more pressure by cutting off any chance to escape.

The hands of the male behind her were about to cover her mouth but just at the last second Yana ducked, spun around on the ground and kicked the male off-balance.

"Ugh," the male fell to the ground and hit his head.

Yana was calm but the men were surprised. Before they could recognise what happened, Yana dashed towards the open trunk and pulled out a bat.

She threw the knife back into the car and casually walked up to the men who watched with wide eyes before they started breaking out in laughter. There was no need to seriously injure them, just enough to make them back off.

Yana smiled as the men made fun of her, "Hey lass, you really think you co-"

BAM

One hit. In less than a second, Yana accelerated her speed and stood before the male swinging her bat.

The force of the heavy wood hit his shoulder as he flew a few meters away, landing ungently on the ground.

Yana deliberately avoided the head to prevent a critical injury and instead aimed at the legs so they were unable to run.

BAM BAM KUAH

A series of pitiful sounds rang out. Despite these grown men being confident in their fighting abilities as they charged at Yana, there were no match for her small frame that was able to smoothly and precisely evade them.

Zigzagging between them, Yana hit them each on their eyes and legs with such a force they had no choice but to cower on the ground. Then-

CRACK

Her bat viciously pounced down on them without stopping, breaking their bones.

Tears and blood flowed, endless words and sobs begging Yana to stop cried out but she was by far not finished. Gripping each of them by the hair, Yana pulled them next to her car where they laid piled up as a mountain.

Yana swung the bat over her shoulder and cheerfully said, "So guys, what do we say?"

"P-Prom- No, s-swear we won't do it again!"

"Yes, yes, never again!"

"Ain't matter how much money we get we-"

"Good," Yana's chilling voice froze them on the spot, "Then as a present for keeping your words in the future," Yana raised her bat, "Sleep well."

And swung it down for the last time until the kidnappers all laid there unconscious.

Only then did Yana look around. As expected there was no one. Yana threw the bat in the trunk, removed the small thing from the trunk door and closed it.

Then she pulled out her phone calming herself down. The adrenaline that flowed through her veins slowly died down and her eyes became clear and focused again.

Yana took a deep breath. This was a bit too much excitement. Yana might've gone overboard. She indifferently looked at the bloodied and bruised men in front of her before taking a picture and then dialled a number.

0