It’s my fault
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Thanks guys!" Yana happily waved the black van away that would deal with the unconscious men and transported them somewhere far away. Yana waited until the van disappeared and turned to her car.

Her smile dropped, then she tousled her hair, letting out a long sigh. In the rearview mirror, she could see that some blood was splattered on her face.

With a tissue, Yana carefully removed it before deciding to get rid of her make-up completely. How convenient that there were wipes to remove her make-up. Although Yana preferred not to use them since they weren't good for the skin, she had no choice at the moment.

While she finally removed the eye makeup she wondered if the Jin guy knew what she wanted to do. There was a lot of convenient stuff placed here. Thinking about how that dramatic guy sat here and drove the car, made Yana's eye twitch a bit.

He was definitely the type to turn on the radio and holler in the most tone-deaf voice to any song or he'd just quietly sit in the car with a dark look. There was no in-between. He was too weird.

Yana made a mental note to ask Marie to do a background check on him. He just gave off a mysterious and eerie feeling. It wasn't good at all.

Yana put the used wipes into a small plastic bag before starting the car. Just when she was about to close the door, a large hand stopped her.

Yana was a bit shocked. She didn't even notice anyone approaching. She was too lost in thoughts. Calming herself, Yana turned off the engine. Was it one of the managers? Another kidnapper or-

Yana turned to the culprit who hindered her and smiled relieved, "I'm glad I caught up. Good, you didn't leave yet."

Yana's eyes briefly widened, "Luka?"

"Yeah, sorry about leaving you so long. I've heard what happened. I tried to call you but you didn't pick up."

Yana slightly shifted her view to her blinking phone she's carelessly thrown on the passenger seat. She even missed that?

"Sorry, didn't hear it."

"It's ok," Luka smiled then looked at the car, "Fancy."

He smirked and Yana involuntarily scowled until her view fell on his unbuttoned shirt that revealed his collarbones.

He still hasn't buttoned that up? Luka noticed her stare and deliberately opened another button. Yana rolled her eyes refusing to meet his.

"You like that?"

Seeing that Yana didn't answer, Luka opened the car door wider and then towered over her on the driver's seat, his arms confining her.

This jerk. Yana felt his hot breath on her forehead as she stubbornly looked at his shirt. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of giving in to him. Luka sighed softly, knowing he couldn't get any reaction out of her. When he was called to meet the chairman, Luka fixed his attire but when he came back to meet Yana, he deliberately wanted to put on a seducing appearance but who knew Yana suddenly disappeared?

"Yana," Luka's low voice sounded from above and now that Yana took a closer look at him, she could see that once again he had run to make it to her.

This guy, just what did he want from her? Yana could guess but she pressed down the feeling and pretended to be oblivious.

She reminded herself that she was only using Luka. If his feelings for her were really genuine then... She would exploit them as well.

No matter what, no matter how relentless fate tried to intertwine them, no matter how deep destiny forced their blood to run together, this future muddled with useless emotions and ambitions would never see its light.

Never.

With this conviction, Yana coldly looked at Luka and her hand on his chest pushing him away from her. Luka was stunned and stumbled a bit back. His messy hair fell into his face and he held his mouth.

What... just happened? Did he tease Yana a bit too much? Was he crossing a line? But... Luka clearly felt it, he clearly saw it and he clearly couldn't deny the meaning behind Yana's look and action but just as Yana pretended to be oblivious, Luka also swallowed down this huge burden of pain and pretended not to notice.

With this their relationship was forced to go on, both deceiving each other and themselves.

Both hoping to emerge as the victor in this fruitless and useless battle of entanglement. One wanted genuineness, treading on the hard, stony path, while the other followed on the easy yet the increasingly thorny path of lies and deceit.

Luka crouched down in front of Yana, his knees on the car railing as he took Yana's hands and smiled. This time Yana was stunned. What was he doing, she clearly already gave him the answer so-

"I'm sorry, you must be mad at me. I shouldn't have left you alone, you had to go through these people and situation alone," Luka's soft finger traced Yana's cheeks before he tugged a loose strand of hair behind her ears.

His dark eyes were as deep and vast as the ocean, countless waves caused ripples to form in Yana's determination and countless water drowned out all conviction. Yana was at a loss.

"But," Luka continued, not caring about the slight emotions that flashed across Yana's face, shock, disbelief, pain and sadness, "You did a good job."

Luka laughed and his small yet clear laughter vibrated in every bone of Yana, causing her to slightly shudder.

Luka was really too handsome and too overwhelming. He was a devastating force that touched and thwarted all plans Yana had. He was dangerous. More than ever, Yana was aware that she had to stay away from Luka but her lips still moved on her own, "Are you praising me? For what? Causing a scene?"

Yana mocked but a light smile spread on her face.

"I trust they started it first and whoever messes with you, I'll deal with them or you deal with them and I back you up," Luka squeezed Yana's hands before he suddenly became nervous.

He coughed lightly a few times before he anxiously stared at Yana and then away.

He was like a boy confessing to his first crush, "Ahem. So it's late and driving back to the orphanage is too far. You must be exhausted. Well, erm, I have a hotel room booked so if you want... you could..."

Yana was amused seeing Luka being reduced to such a state. He should have an abundance of women asking him out or flinging themselves onto him but he still acted like an inexperienced cherry boy when it came to flirting.

"Stay with me tonight..."

Ah, and Yana finally understood. It wasn't that Luka didn't notice her rejection, it was that he chose to ignore it.

Just like Yana, he was rolling around in lies willing to hear them.

If it was this case, then... obviously Luka would be still useful in future. Because this little ordeal here was definitely only the beginning.

0