No.
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Yana left Luka's hotel room, she quickly got into the Porsche and scrambled to find the thing she hid yesterday. Once she found it, she instantly sent a file to Marie and only then did Yana feel at ease.

She's almost forgotten such a crucial point! It was all because Luka was so distracting! With that, however, all the preparation were set and they could enter the final stage now.

No matter what would come at Yana, she was prepared for it. Yana turned on the car and drove it to the meeting point. She couldn't drive the Porsche back to the orphanage as that would draw too much attention. And if Yana guessed right, another, rather unwelcome, surprise was waiting for her there.

After waiting for a while someone approached Yana saying the codeword. Yana slightly raised her eyebrows, this wasn't Jin who first gave her the car keys but then again the people always varied. For some reason, Yana thought she would see Jin but that was unrealistic, luckily.

She didn't know why she had that feeling. It was probably better not to meet him again. Since Luka picked her up, Yana had to take the bus back to the orphanage which was a hassle. The nearest stop from the orphanage was at least 30 minutes away by foot, meaning Yana had to walk all the way up the mountain.

Just the thought alone gave her an headache. The reason why her body was so sore and lifeless wasn't because she took care of those guys yesterday but because Luka was pressing his whole weight on top of her! Yet she was able to magically sleep through the suffocating layer of a human body glued to her.

Was her sleep always so deep? No, actually Yana slept very lightly. She's been trained to wake up instantly if there was even as much as a change in the air, so how did she breeze through the night without noticing anything?

She couldn't blame it on being too tired or exhausted. Yana sighed as she boarded the bus and looked out to the window. With a complicated look, she then started another phone. It was ringing and the caller was none other than Luka.

Yana wasn't in the mood to talk to him. In the first place, what did he want? Coming to a decision, she then ignore him. There were a few things she had to brood over, first the surprise that most probably was waiting for her at the orphange, second the project which proposal she finally managed to get through and just waited for it to be greenlit and executed, and third finally the managers or the people she's offended yesterday evening.

All in all, it was as clear as day that she had tons to deal with. Originally, whe is supposed to stay in the orphanage to note any suspicious activities regarding 'them' as apparently 'they' had this particular orphanage as a target.

At first, Yana suspected the three companies, LXL, Tyn and Nixon as the managers' proposal clearly derived from the original purposes as well as their strong reaction and extreme measures towards her but right now, Yana thought it was ok to rule these companies out.

They most probably didn't have a connection to 'them' but it was still best to keep an eye out since there still no move from 'them'. Now chaos was going to erupt and it was the best time for anyone to take advantage of. This was the most critical time to be aware of.

"Miss, you getting out? This is the last stop," the bus driver's voice tore Yana out of her thoughts.

"Yep, thanks," Yana quickly jumped out of the bus and looked up the steep mountain.

It wasn't long until Yana saw the orphanage in the far and as expected a mob of people crowding it.

Paparazzi's and news reporters were all present. Well, after all, Yana made quite an entrance. Looking back at it, Yana once again regretted her choice. She panicked and it was improvised on the spot, ok? Cut her some slack.

As if Yana was glued to the ground, she just stared at all the cars and people surrounding the pitiful orphanage. Yana could see Seli and Melinda trying to get the people to leave while Carol must be with the children.

Yana created unnecessary work for everyone and the children must be scared.

For a while, Yana just watched the theatre before wondering how she should get inside without alarming the curious buzzing flies. They were like wild hyenas prying on anyone who dared to get close to them.

Yana's only choice was to get inside the house from the back. She could crawl in through the kitchen window. With that in mind, she ran up to the cars and hid behind them. Right now, all the reporters' attention was focused on the entrance of the orphanage.

As it was only 10 in the morning, they shouldn't have been here for too long and thought that Yana was hiding inside. If they saw Yana as she was now, they obviously could count 1 and 1 together and think she stayed the night with Luka, which she obviously did though.

Another option would be for Yana to just stay away from the orphanage until things have died down but judging by how these people already found out about her, it was futile. She was most already known throughout the city.

Peeking from behind the car, Yana hoped to catch the attention of either Seli or Melinda so she could prevent the reporters from turning towards her. Just one glance, however, made it obvious that both of them were incredibly tired.

Yana rushed to the car closest to the orphanage and assessed her situation. She was now only 5 meters away from the orphanage to run to the back of it, she might only need 5 seconds, but just as Yana peeked from the car again, a paparazzi turned around to sneeze and their eyes met.

"Dammit," Yana cursed as the guy exclaimed, "She's there. I found her!"

In an instant, all eyes snapped towards Yana.

Click. Click.

Pictures were taken as she had no choice but to try to fight her way to Seli and Melinda who worried called out to her. And so the questions started, bombarding Yana as if she was in the enemy territory waiting to be slaughtered.

"Yana, any words on your relationship with M.M's CEO?"

"Is it true that you're in an affair?"

"Can you give us more details about why you appeared as a mummy head?"

"It's an interesting fashion statement. Are you hoping to set a new trend?"

"Please comment on how you got into a relationship with the CEO!"

"Are the rumours true?"

"Are-"

On the spot, Yana turned around, grabbed someone's microphone and looked dead in the camera, "No."

0