All wrong
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"..."

It was hard.

"..."

It was really hard.

"...!!!"

It was so hard to contain that when Bao finally couldn't take it anymore and laughed out loud, he didn't even fear the glares Luka gave him.

"Hahaha...hahahahaha...Boss, I'm... hahahaha... sorry but hahahahaha," Bao held his stomach as Luka kicked him to the floor where Bao stayed and rolled around.

Luka was in a bad mood and bitterly turned off the TV. Yana's deadpan face and her determined and cold 'No' sucked every reporter's last will to work out of their noses while she viciously kicked Luka in the gut.

"No, there's nothing between us," these words echoed in Luka's ears as he could still hear the intensity of it even through the screen petrified everyone to stones and then cut the statues into pieces.

Luka was disappointed. He wouldn't mind, no, in fact, he would've wanted it if Yana declared they were in a loving relationship. Luka didn't care about the news and media, Yana could say what she wanted and Luka would eagerly agree. But he also understood where he was with Yana and knew that it'd put her in a tight spot if she was associated with him in that kind of relationship.

Luka's thoughts got increasingly chaotic and he became more irritated as piercing cackles broke through his skull.

"Oh? Bao, I'm glad that my misfortune brings you so much joy."

"Cough, cough," the menacing tone of Luka made Bao choke on his saliva and he instantly jumped to his feet and handed Luka several documents, "B-Boss, don't be angry, cough, I know you want to go and help Miss Yana b-but please know you've got tons of fans and tons, cough, of work to do," Bao also felt hat he was getting bolder and bolder but he just couldn't help it.

That one 'No' of Yana put such a 'wonderful' expression onto Luka's face that Bao just had to burst out laughing. He has never seen his fierce and cold boss so... so lost like a bunny.

Of course, Bao couldn't say it but he did rejoice a bit in his boss' misfortune, after all, how was it fair that his boss had everything, the looks, talent and money? How?

So, seeing his boss getting denied the very thing he wanted the most like delicious blood to vampires was pure amusement for Bao. He cherished and craved this moment very much. Of course, Bao cared about his boss a lot but just here and there, it felt good to take a dab at him.

"Boss, after you finish your work you can go and see Miss Yana, so the faster you work, the quicker you can leave," ah, Bao enjoyed it very much being able to boss his boss around. It was thanks to Miss Yana that his boss was sometimes reduced to this.

Hehehe, Bao started to like Yana more and more.

***

Yana finally managed to shut down all of the reporters by calling them out for being heartless people who would scare poor orphans at the orphanage without considering the children' feelings, only for them to gain their unimportant and useless gossip at the expense of the children developing a trauma.

The reporters felt a bit ashamed and had no choice but to leave but this didn't mean they wouldn't stake out the place to hopefully get some juicy story like a midnight romance.

Rich CEO goes to find his Cinderella lover at night or some other delusional thoughts.

Yana couldn't do more than that. The reporters more or less kept their distance. The only thing Yana could do was to apologise to everyone and coax the children.

"Ah, we were so shocked when we saw the news and erm pics of you haha," Seli made Yana a warm drink as they sat on the floor surrounded by the children.

Yana almost choked and blinked the embarrassment away, "You saw that?"

"What do you mean? It's all over the internet! Look!" Seli quickly pulled out her phone and showed Yana various, no countless articles, about Yana's life flashing before her eyes.

She made a horribly grave mistake. Yana, under no circumstances, should've shown herself today because at the point they didn't have a single picture of Yana and only speculated how she looked like but now, she just went and revealed herself.

Goodness, her stupidity ate her alive! She should've stayed away, checked the news, social media whatever before she came back, now she bloody let everyone know how she looked like when before they didn't.

It could've been prevented! Prevented! Yana's brain killed itself a 1000 times while on the outside, she calmly scrolled through the news with her horrible 'mummy head' pictures as they liked to call it plastered everywhere.

Great. Add another problem.

Roy was going to deal with her.

"Well that," Yana gave Seli her phone back, "I had a mysterious feeling forcing me to do that..."

Yana wanted to cry as Seli grinned, "And? You and-"

"Nothing. What I said to the reporters was true."

"Oh c'mon, you were away for the night. I don't buy that typical 'There's nothing between us' punch juice they always serve us," Seli was someone who typically loved to follow celebrities news and was immersed, almost addicted to the world and life she couldn't have.

Seeing that Yana was about to attain the dream Seli and many other females wasted their time on, made Seli's heart burst with joy. She wanted to help Yana as much as possible but there was only so much that Seli could do.

Nothing.

So, Seli could only use her mouth to convince Yana to live out her dream.

"I stayed at the hotel", Yana blankly said, "I was too tired to come back."

"Yeah sure~" Seli's grin widened but she didn't question Yana further as the children now occupied her and bombarded Yana with loads of questions.

Yana never liked it when she was in the spotlight of gossip and rumours. Back then in uni, most people liked to talk about her and Mia but Yana always hated it yet she had to pretend it didn't faze her. Now that Yana thought about it, Mia and everyone else from back then would find out about her now.

Would they try to get into contact again? Yana hoped not, Luka alone was already enough.

She didn't need more ties to the past reconnecting that she has long resolved to cut.

Yana entertained the kids as her eyes met Carol's who just walked into the room. Yana smiled at Carol but realised she had a fifth problem to take care of. She forgot about Carol.

Carol had been acting suspicious and hostile towards Yana and now that they saw each other again, especially after all attention was on Yana and the orphanage, Yana could see that Carol's hatred towards her had increased.

Just one look was enough to see the disgusted and cold glare Carol gave Yana.

0