Chapter 4 Continental Ark Ship # XXXXXX9 (2)
89 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the initialization process was completed.

A few moments later. A hatch could be heard opening in front of Roger.

"Ah, my eyes."

When the hatch opened, the lights that came through temporary blinded Roger.

He stretched out his hands, and raised it next to his eyes, to limit the amount of light that was affecting his vision.  

When he reorganized himself, he stepped outside of the hatch.

Roger was greeted with a grand sight. The Continental Ark Ship wasn't anything like what Roger expected it to be. Instead of a lifeless dead, chunk of metal floating in space bringing them to various planets to complete task and earn money. The spacecraft was filled with life.

AI: This is the Continental Ark ship, like the name states the length and width of this ship is roughly the size of 1 Continent on your planet Earth. Though, when you take in the height of the ship into account which is about as tall, as the tallest mountain on your planet called Mount Everest. There is more then enough space for all you Earthlings to occupy. As the ship is spilt into 4 layers.

Roger looked around him, what he saw astonished him, there were parks, training areas, repair areas, digital libraries, etc. If one didn't think about it to deeply, there would be almost no difference from Earth. Even though with these bodies we can't eat, we can still buy digital food at a very cheap price, though they won't fill your real bodies up, the sense of taste can still be transmitted back.

Communication barriers were virtually eliminated, those from one side of Earth to the other can now speak to each other fluently. When on the Ark Ship, no crimes could be committed, as your bodies were being govern by AI # XXXXXX9. Some would even believe this was paradise or even heaven.

After Roger was done enjoying the sites and detailed information on the ship. He only now finally, thought back to the body he was given. There was virtually almost no discomfort in using the body. In fact not only was there no discomfort, it might even be better and easier then using his real body, the amount of control he had over the body is almost unreal, he was performing actions that usually couldn't be done with a human body, such as running on walls and doing crazy martial arts moves that is usually only seen in movies. 

The thing that Roger found most amazing with his new body, is the things he have never been able to perceive before. From the core within him he can sense more then just electricity pulsing from within him. It was a type of energy that is used to bond things together. 

While with his eyes, besides the usual light spectrum that a human normally can see. He can also see many different types of colors that is flowing like the wind around him. Those colors that are around him are also currently being absorb by him and is being processed by his body.

"Hey, AI guide are you there?"

AI: Yes, how may I help you.

"Can you explain to me what am I sensing?"

AI: To explain it in human terms, what you are currently sensing is the forces of nature, all those colors that are around you, that you are currently seeing with your eyes are the elements of nature, their laws, properties and their forces. Unlike where you came from, because energy from the forces of nature is so much denser nearer to the center of the galaxy, you can manipulate them with much greater ease.  

Roger shaking his head up and down thinking I get it. When in reality he had no idea. He just wanted to look smart in front of people that were walking right by him.

AI: Your body is not only gathering and storing the energy produced by nature, it is also transforming it. Besides the necessary electricity use to run your body. It is also being processed into a form which allows you to manipulate the energy from within you and outside of you. There are several terms in which you humans uses, to represent this type of force/energy. They are called Mana, Magic Power and, MP in your Western Nations, while in the Eastern Nations of Earth they are typically referred to QI, KI, and Inner energy.

 Oh dang, Roger thought to himself we are finally getting into the fantasy aspect of the section, though this is real life, he has already long forgotten. He was already hooked, to him this has already became like a game.

All his information was currently displayed to him in his peripheral vision. His health status, magic points, strength, speed, intelligence, attack power, defense etc. Even his affinities and resistances were being shown. He has the ability to customize his display settings and everything he could have ever wanted to, like in a game. 

Since there was almost zero risk to his real body, as long as it is within the governing laws of the AI, that is provided by the galactic alliance, he could do anything and more. Plus, he can even earn money that can be spent in real life!

AI: Warning, host this is not a game, this is real life and your actions have real life consequences.

While ignoring the warning, Roger is even able to connect to the galactic net whenever he wished to. There was even a forum section for just us Earthlings. 

In reality this is just what the Galactic Alliance wanted to happen. By gamifying repetitive, tedious, and annoying tasks, and handing out rewards according to the difficultly of missions, while dangling exclusive items you can purchase to improve your real life and upgrades to their bodies. People are far more likely to obey the rules set out by the system's AI.    

Everyone on Earth is currently on the same starting line, soon the switch to the galactic alliance credit, will make Earth's monetary system worthless. When on board the spaceship, pay to win is non-existent, at least for now. 

Excitement could be seen on the face of Roger. 

"Hehehe" He was currently giggling to himself.

While that was happening, people that passed by him was giving him strange looks.

Many of those that walked by him were normal people of Earth, that worked a 9am to 5pm day job, or a 9am to 9pm day job 6 days a week. Those were the type of people that usually never played games. If they did play games, it would be simple puzzle games or mobile games that auto played for you on a predetermined path while you watched. Most of them have never played a mmorpg game in their life and this one is the pinnacle of all mmorpg game. 

The kids would especially be confused, as none of them actually played an mmorpg game, before they have been addicted to their first person shooter games, their moba games, and mystery box pay to win games. But lucky, they would be forced to go to school before being allowed to long in.

"The early bird takes the worm!" Said Roger, as he was rushing off in a random direction. The normal people of Earth was taking things slowly when compared to Roger.

"Hey Ai, where do I head to, to farm for resources that I can sell back to the Galactic Alliance to make money?"

AI: For one thing, you are heading towards a completely direction then you are suppose to.

As soon as Roger heard that, he immediately halted in his tracks.

AI: Currently the Continental Ark Ship, is parked above a planet with a World Danger Level of 1. It is a common life planet that holds a small amount of danger to a regular Galactic citizen of the alliance. The planet is a relatively new born planet without any intelligent life on it, just creatures that are driven by instinct to kill to survive. Your tasks are to eliminate all those creatures that poses a threat to the eventual inhibitors of the life planet, and to gather materials identified by me to sell back to the alliance.   

"And how do I get onto the planet from the ship?" Ask Roger anxiously. 

Sudden in his vision an arrow appeared. It was pointing in the direction Roger needed to head to.

AI: Follow the arrow and it will led you to your destination, eventually you will arrive at a space known as the Hall of Portals. 

Roger was currently sprinting in the direction where the arrows were pointing at. But due to the sheer size of the Continental Ark Ship it still took him over an hour to reach his destination, while sprinting non-stop.

"Left!, Right!, Down!, Down!, Up!. Up?" That must be wrong. He looked again and sure enough it was Up.

"Whatever lets keep going!"

When arriving at his stop, he was greeted with a series of small portals and 1 giant portal.

Author's Notes

Hello, Lostcattears here.

I have a patreon, and it have goals for faster and more constant releases.

https://www.patreon.com/lostcattears

Please don't steal my work, if you do... don't ever put it on those predatory sites... you know which ones...

If you were to steal my work at least leave up the "Author's note" so people can actually know where to support me so I can actually continue writing. In fact if you are stealing and doing it with an intent to profit, which I hope no one does, at least join my patreon.

Though really, that is only if I ever get big enough to go after anyone...

4