Chapter 11 What is M.E.? Area Cleared!
51 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the battle was concluded, and the funds was transferred, the hatch to the cabin open.

The Yellow Butterfly got up, stretched her arms to the ceiling of the ship before heading to a charging station to log out.

The last thing she said, after the battle was concluded was just a light "Hmph". 

...

AI: AI #XXXXXX9, Here! I will now be explaining mental energy.

What is Mental Energy? There are even people that refers Mental energy; as Willpower. Mental energy only exist in those that have a soul or to what some they may call it a spirit. That is why originally there was no MEP bar in the upgradeable grade E mechanical body. It can also be switched up, and be called a WP bar. These bodies didn't actually possess a soul, it was only when those with a soul occupies the body and learn to use their own mental energy will the bar shows up.

Mental energy, is usually stored in a living being's brain. While the continuous use of Mental energy can only be done/channel through willpower. Willpower is what connects objects together and give form to the inanimate. It is usually used when the spirit/soul takes action, either through the use of energy, giving them a form depending on the type of energy and their properties, operating principles and laws, or through manipulating different types of mass whether it is through destruction or creation. 

Just as mana/mp be turned into other forms of energy like fire, wind, electricity aka the elements it also uses your mental and willpower to give them a form. Unlike MP, that transforms energy and space around them, MEP/WP transforms forces and space, forces such as gravity, friction, and attraction/push/pull forces like magnetic.  

Everyone that exist that has a soul/spirit has mental energy and will power. When you want to turn on a computer mental energy is consumed from the brain and is channeled through will power through the manipulation of your arms and fingers. You will know when your mental energy is fully consumed, it is when you can't maintain consciousness anymore, or for a better term staying awake, or being mentally exhausted.    

This is something that Earthlings do possess, but they aren't in an environment that properly enables them to channel mental energy outwards. It is only when they are able to channel and use their mental energy and will power outwards, will a MEP/WP bar shows up.

Now, how did the Yellow Butterfly use mental energy to make the sword fly and bend to her will? Like with the mechanical bodies use of elemental energies, it is always easier to give form to something through the creation of a tool, as it just has to bypass through the channels of the tool to maintain its shape given the principles/laws/properties of said type of energy.  

Once you can project your mental energy outwards, a mental imprint or a mental connection can be formed on an object in this case her swords. Once the connection is bridged together like how data is weightless so is mental energy, it can be teleported between the bridge connected by will power almost instantaneously. Because will power is the manipulation of forces. It gave the swords the ability to go against gravity and be controlled with her own mind. Then, using the sword and its properties that allows it to cut, it allowed her to take action from afar. 

If taken to the highest level, even the sword can be taken out of the equation, as long as you maintain the properties and image of the sharpest sword in the Universe in your mind and project it outwards to where you want. Even space can be cut down.

...

These past 48 hours, has been grueling to Roger. Even though he has only been on the other planet for two days. He was already addicted to the grind on the other side. 

All that he has been doing these last two days, was just mainly pacing back and forth and thinking about the future, in his apartment room.

To put it simply, he was bored out of his mind.

He tried doing other things as well, such as going back to his old games and hell he even tried working out for once, to get his mind away from the other side.

Nothing was worked.

Suddenly a buzz can be heard coming from his desk.

Roger went up to where it was coming from.

"Buzz, Buzz"

The sound was coming from his phone. He opened up his phone. It was a message from Issac.

"Hey buddy, my universal travel device set, is estimated to arrive in about a week. Smiley Face emoji"

"What do you mean a whole week?!" As a reply, Roger wrote speedily on his phone. 

"Haha. There is nothing I can do about these wait time set by the government. There wasn't even an expedite option available to pick from. If you haven't told me about it as soon as you did, or if I had waited even a bit longer to place an order, it might have taken a whole month to arrive instead. Thank the heavens, I have you as a friend. Sweat emoji."   

"Haha, what! You little... I needed you now... Sigh."

He let, out a sigh at the same time in his room as well as he finished typing.

"Well, see you in about a week."

Issac quickly left the chat as to not get implicated in a possible run down of Roger's long lines of text. 

...

A few hours later, there was a beeping sound coming from Roger's device set.

"Beep, Beep, Beep"

It came with a message.

"Upgrade has been completed, you may log back in."

"Finally."

Roger has finished his preparations, this time he has hooked up several nutrient packs, and with the money that he still had left in the bank, he brought a body maintenance cabin, that will be keeping his body in shape through out long gaming sessions. 

"Sigh, why am I always broke?..." 

"Log in!"

Roger awoken from the upgrading cabin. Looking at his own mechanical body, outwardly nothing seemed to have change.

But on his stats screen, it showed that he now has 2 MP bars! 

What does this essentially mean?

Roger can now last at least twice as long, out in the field. As that he can now, not only store twice as much energy, he can also recover twice as fast!

It also meant he can utilize, 2 different types of energies at once!  

Roger could just imagine it, fire coming from one hand, and ice on the other.

"Muahaha" Roger was laughing like a mad scientist when he was thinking about all the possibilities. 

Over the past two days, Roger decided that he wasn't going to specialize for example with underwater upgrades or the ability to flying. Instead he was just going to upgrade the base output of his mechanical body. He decided against raw power or speed because he believed that might be good in the short run but lacking in the future. He even tossed defense out of his mind. In Roger's mind, he might have already decided on the path that he will be taking throughout his journey.

Roger headed back to the Volcanic Region, it was the same as always almost completely devoid of people. But what else can be expected it is only the 4th day.

He ran at full power to where the Salamanders were located at. Even though he was running at full power, his energy bars were shows that it was still full. Meaning that he was recharging faster, with the energy in the air then he was at spending the energy through running.

This time, when he saw his first Salamander of the day, instead of calmly facing it down. Meaning that he didn't slow down, to look for an opportunity to catch it off guard. He instead just zoomed at it like a mad man.

With his shield out, smashed at it face first. Due to the huge amount build up of energy through his continuous running, the Salamander flipped several times in the air. 

When the salamander fell, it was barely still alive.

Even before it got a chance to react, Roger already stabbed his sword through its neck. And threw his storage orb at it. Before heading to the next one. 

For the next week the Volcanic Region was unexpectedly calm, devoid of seismic activity. During this week, Roger's activity was simple. He ran and smashed into Salamanders before killing them. After killing 6 he returned to base camp and sold them.

Roger was on a high.

While the only thing really holding him back was the amount time it took for him to travel back and forth from base camp. 

Even before, another person arrived at the scene. They wouldn't of even think that this place was once home to the things called Giant Flaming Salamanders. During this past week, Roger has cleared the entire area within the vicinity, of where all these Salamanders have once lived. If he wanted to find more, he would have to move to another area farther in the Volcanic region.

Author's Notes

Hello, Lostcattears here.

Readers can support me by going to my patreon page. 

https://www.patreon.com/lostcattears

 

4