Chapter 12 The World Government Makes a Move
64 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roger didn't want to travel even further to keep on killing the same old Salamanders.

So instead of continuing, he took a much needed break.

He was currently looking through the Galactic shop, through the mechanical body's interface. 

Scrolling down until he reached the transportation section of the shop.

He started looking through them all one by one. But the cost of each, all terrain vehicles costed more then the last one, he looked at. 

"Dammit!" He shouted.

"Why do they cost so much? Even from selling all the loot, from the past week I still wouldn't even be able to afford the most basic transportation vehicle." 

In truth the Galactic Alliance designed things this way to make the end user frustrated, making them spend back the the credits paid to them. They kept of upping the price so that they would always have something to look forward to throw money at. 

Even another basic compression storage orb, costed 100,000 credits. These things are id only to you, so you wouldn't even be able to trade/give them away in the first place. 

"These money hungry..."

Roger was frustrated! 

So he, planned on hunting down a different prey once Issac logged in.

During his hunt, in the past week he discovered several more types of fire monsters in the surrounding area. There was the Burning Golems, Fire Hounds, Flaming Hawk.

Of the 3 monsters. He was planning on hunting the Fire Hounds with Issac.

When he first ID, the Burning Golem with the AI. It's description was such that it was to troublesome to kill. 

It was 4 meters tall and it had an obvious weak point and that was the flaming crystal located right in the center of its chest. It was slow moving and like the Salamanders it liked traveling alone. But the problem was that it was large, was form from lava rocks and hits hard, and not only that the obvious weak point was its hardest part as well. 

As for the Flaming Hawk, it would usually swoop down from the skies, with its large claws it was catching small rodents and reptiles in the area, cooking them alive before eating them. There was quite a few of them, but they are a pain to kill considering how fast they move. Not only that, they aren't worth a lot of credits because they weren't that large.  

The one that Roger actually had his eyes on, was the Flaming hound. This hounds typically travel in packs of hundreds. They had an amazing sense of smell. When they opened their mouths showing their Fangs, fire was coming from them. If Roger was to get anywhere close to the pack he would get shredded into pieces. But with Issac's help all of that, would be solved.

Just as he was thinking of Issac...

"Buzz, Buzz, Buzz."

Incoming call from Issac. 

"Sorry to be a bringer of bad news, but my shipment has been delayed by 2 days..."

"..."

"Table Flip Emoji, Dammit Issac you messed up my plan."

"Don't get mad at me, blame the shipping company."

"Ah, fine I will just get my next 3 upgrades at the same time then, it should also take around 2 days to complete."

"Oh, that is great! See you soon."

The next 3 upgrades that Roger has chosen were all basic ones, as he could not only, not afford any more customizable ones, he had limited space as well. Plus he was a bit impatient, he wanted to know what is at Grade D. 

Truth to be told, all 3 of Roger's upgrades could have been completed in less then a day. But due to the huge increase in complexity of his body even basic upgrades took just that much longer to finish.

The three upgrades he decided on was simple, it was upgrading his maximum storage capacity, a even better and more efficient energy conversion cycle and last but not least the widening every single one of his energy channels! 

What does widening of energy channels actually do? Even though, Roger can already output twice as much energy as a normal mechanical body. His throughput is still lacking. By widening his energy channels, he can for example set up a much wider shield, and if Roger uses the elemental energy like that of fire on his sword, the fire can extend to twice its original expected length. 

Roger has just barely saved enough for these 3 upgrades over the past week. When he asked the AI how much it would cost, he was quoted with an estimate of 260,000 credits. At roughly 2,000 credit earned after the 15% discount. He killed roughly 150 Salamanders over the last week. Earning him roughly 300,000 credits. At first there was an abundant amount of Salamanders to hunt solo, but as time went on they became harder and harder to find. It was only until today did he gave up on looking for anymore.

As Roger finally finished thinking through his next steps, he started heading back to the ship.

"Just 6 more upgrades after this, then I can finally get promoted to Grade D."

Throwing his fist at the sky he said, "I can't wait."

Just as he was about to log off, after entering the upgrading cabins. A message played out, to all of the players that was still on.

AI: Congratulation, to Player WGO 01, for being the first to reach 10 upgrades and reaching Grade D.

Then, 9 consecutive message similar messages played out as well. These players were all tagged with a similar ID, WGO 02, 03, 04,... all the way until 10.  

"Huh!?" Was was in a state of mixed emotions as he was logging out."

Even after he finished logging out, he was still in a state of confusion.

His body was in great condition, due to the body maintenance machine. But even so because of his current state, when he put food into his mouth, it just fell out. He even almost choked on water, because he was so out of it.  

For some reason, Roger actually thought he might of had the chance to become the first Grade D player. 

Then he recalled after several hours of being in a daze.

"Right the Galactic Forums!"

As he made his way to the section for Earth. The first post was the one he was looking for.

It was titled as "Who is WGO 01-10?"

The original poster immediately went and ask the questioned that was on everyone's mind.

"Who are you?! Tell me your secrets! What types of hacks are you using?"

"That is right! Fess up, whoever you are! I won't bite."

"Hahahaha, What types of hacks can you possibly use in real life?" 

"Then, who are they?"

"It has only been a week and a half since we were able to enter the universe. How could they have already gathered enough money and completed 10 upgrades?"

"Isn't it obvious who they are?"

"Huh, you know who they are? Tell us, oh smart one."

As Roger read up to that point, he thought to himself finally someone with an answer.

"I mean who else could they be."

"Stop being all cryptic, spill the beans already!"

"The only group of people with such a poor naming sense duh."

"Oh, I think I know who it is now. It was so simple."

"The answer is the World Government! Who else would name themselves WGO 1-10."

"I understand now. Yes, that makes a lot of sense." 

"I am guessing W.G.O. represent something like World government official?"

"Ding, ding, ding we have a winner."

"Yay, I won."

"Ever since our currency have changed to alliance credits, they have been collecting taxes, and if they collect taxes from the billions of us that is currently on the other planet, when we use the credit we earn, back on Earth. They could easily produce a few Grade Ds."

"Dang, talk about pay to win."

"There is no way normal people or groups can compare to that at all."

...

Oh, so that is what had happened.

I never had a chance at all, thought Roger. He was no longer in a confused state. Though it was disappointing it was something that he could accept.

"Wait a second, did they just get 10 basic upgrades? Dam, what a waste of taxpayer's money." That is the only way it could have been completed so fast. 

"Just what are the goals of the world government?" There were just to many possibilities, in the end Roger just gave up thinking about it, there was no point. They could have just been doing it for themselves for all that we know.

It was getting dark, where Roger was. 

He took a shower, brushed his teeth, and headed to bed.

"I guess it is time for me to go to sleep. It has been a long week."

"Click" He turned off his lamp.

"Good Night." He said to himself.  

An actual Author's note, as I am still new, and to the site as well, barely started 2 weeks ago. I know this story is really rough around the edges and that a ton of refinement/editing can done.

I will stop with the patreon posting from now on. I was only planning on doing it for the first 10 chapters anyways. Didn't realize the bottom of the page already showed it. Sweats' But don't worry each chapter always had a minimum of 1500 words. Truth to be told I can edit the chapters myself. As I usually never take away when editing instead it is usually just me refining my thoughts in a "More" coherent manner. Which actually tends to make each chapter's longer.

But hey I had to balance which is more important faster releases or more refine chapters. As I have stated I am a new author and to this site as well. I always tend to make my rough drafts at the very least understandable and make it come as close to my vision as possible in the first draft, just like with my drawings. They can all be even more the amazing if only I clean/edit them... 

Ok, so anyways this is about yesterday's chapter I rushed it a bit to much since I had things going in my real life. Just wanted to say I cleaned up the last half of it. Maybe someday when I can actually afford an editor and a illustrator... 

3