Chapter 14 Issac Takes the Stage
45 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shut up. You have no right to say that to me." Said Roger as he stared at Issac.

Issac scratched his head in embarrassment, as he watched Roger get up from the cabin.  

"Roger what is up with that outfit of yours, you look like a newbie adventurer. You look like easy prey with that leather cap, chest amour, shoes and braces that are for your arms and legs." Said Issac as he looked at Roger from top to bottom.  

"As a beginner adventurer, this is how I wanted to start my other world journey, exactly like those portray in light novels and in games. Besides this outfit is only a projection of one's self, I can change it at any time. Not like it affects me in anyway negatively." 

"Eh, I guess."

"Now, enough about me. What about your outfit?"

"What about my outfit?"

"Your outfit looks like it came right out of a historical Asian war drama. You look as though you were a soldier from those times." 

"That is right, they certainly know how to design things in those days. Wearing this makes me feel as though I have been transported to the past." Smirked Issac.

"Dang, you have such strange taste in clothing." 

"No, you are the strange one."

After bickering for several moments over their looks. They eventually laughed it off.

"Hahahaha."

"Anyways getting back, to what I want to ask. Why did you pick a bow? Why didn't you pick a laser gun? With your skills, you would be able to perfectly aim at the same spot 3 times with the laser, then you would firing off 1 arrow. Besides arrows are consumables!"  

"Hahaha, my friend Roger. You just don't understand. Let me tell, you all about the bow."

"Fine, I am listening."

"First of all, there is aim assist with laser guns, it is just not the same as firing it yourself, I mean you can turn off aim assist, but there is still things I hate about lasers."

But as soon as he said that Roger's face fell face flat. Ignoring how Roger was currently looking like he continued.

"Even, though like you said bows consumes arrows. But laser weapons can overheat. That is why firing consecutively is not really an option. And it is entirely dependent on your energy levels, sure it has a high penetration rate so it can kill very easily, firing off a few shots would already deplete a lot of your energy. If you actually missed a shot, it can be quite costly of your time. Besides all that, some monsters have defenses that can actually either absorb the laser beam, or even repel/reflect the beam right back at you!   

Issac was currently circling around Roger. While he was at it, he picked up Roger's jaw that was currently open and pulled out his bow to show Roger from his back. 

"Just look at this bow! Look at this craftsmanship. Compared to that dull looking laser gun. This bow looks a hundred times better, just look at those curves!" Issac's eyes were currently shinnying. 

While Roger's eyes were still lifeless.

"The bow entirely depends on me and my skills! As long as I have arrows I will be able to fire as many as I want! Not only that, I don't have to just fire off pure energy like with a laser. In fact there are so many different types of arrows to choose from that it is almost breath taking. Oh I forgot, a laser beam gets weaker with distance, but depending on how an arrow is fired there is almost no lost of strength. So that is why I decided on the bow." 

As soon as Issac was done with his soliloquy on the topic of the bow, Roger immediately grabbed Issac by the shoulders.  

"There is aim assist?!" He shouted as he shook Issac. 

"Yea, when you are first deciding on a weapon on the video description of laser weapons, it tells you." 

"Ah, I was so infuriated with the fact that I wasn't really that good at aiming, that I skipped the entire page almost immediately." 

Roger was currently shaking his head. "I could of used a laser gun as my secondary weapon. If only I knew about the aim assist provided by the mechanical body."  

Ah, forget about it, it is to late to switch now, as it cost too much.

"Anyways, Issac what have you been doing for the last day and a half?" 

"You told me to familiarize my self, with this place so that is what I did. As I am not the gamer I once was, so I headed to the open fields. I was given some arrows along with my bow. So I was just firing arrows from afar, killing monsters 1 at a time. By the time they notice the direction where the arrows are coming from they are already dead."

"Scary!, And that is when you are still rusty?"

"Then I ran all the way over there to retrieve the corpse. If I just left it there, with the amount of consumable arrows I used against these green colored Grade E monsters. I would have been broke. Lucky, when your attack manage to hit, it tags the monster and prevents others from stealing your kill if you aren't in the same party. Unless you run away of course."

"Ok."

"By the way you were right, the most time consuming thing is the travel, to bad we were only given 6 storage orbs and I have to use one to store my arrows! But I managed to make more money in a day, then I did at my old workplace from working a week."  

"Forget about the open plains. Follow me, we are going to the volcano regions." 

"Yes sir!, You are going to be buying me arrows and be busing me around right?"

Roger turned around and started giving Issac the look.

"Let's go."

Even though Roger, was reluctant, he still brought a whole bunch of arrows for Issac at the shop in the ship. 

"Ugh, my money."

When Issac saw all the different types of arrows he will be trying he was ecstatic. 

This time when Issac arrived at the portal leading to the volcano region, it was no longer empty.

As soon as they entered through the portal, there was intense shaking in the area.

"Rumbbblee" 

It was followed by several more quakes moments later. 

The people in the area were currently crying saying that it is spitting out lava rocks again!

"Are you sure that it is safe here?" Wondered Issac.

"Don't worry about it, after an intense shake, it is usually followed by a few days of peace and quiet." 

"Oh, thank goodness." 

"Let's take advantage, of the current peace and quiet, while the others are currently scrambling around. Follow me."

After running for over 30 minutes, they finally arrived at an open region that was filled with fire hounds as far as the eyes can see. There might have even been thousands upon thousands of them.

"Woah, are these the monsters we will be killing?"  

"Yup, I needed you for this. These are called Fire Hounds. They usually work together in groups and never stray alone. If I were to charge in there alone, I would be torn into pieces. Even when they usually split into a group of 4 to 6 to hunt, they usually give out a call to their brethren  if they ever get into trouble, and they will find them with their sense of smell."

"I see, I understand what you want me to do."

"That is great!"

"But lets move even farther away from this area and onto higher grounds."

They moved to a spot where Issac was more comfortable.

"This spot should do." Said Issac.  

Taking the bow from his back, he pulled out an arrow. He stretched out his left arm with the bow in his hand and in the other hand with the arrow, he placed it on the bow and pulled on the string to its maximum length. 

His eyes sharpened, staring right at his target, even though he was might have been over a mile away from the target, he made it seem like he was right in front of the monster. He shot the arrow, and it moved with scary accuracy. The arrow soar through the blazing heat emanating from the region. It whistled through the air. Eventually landing on a fire hound side.

The reason why he could have made a shot from so far away is due to the mechanical bodies, if he was in his regular human body, he wouldn't even be able to pull of 1/5 of that distance.   

The fire hound cried.

"WoOoof."

 The fire hounds that were around the injured hound were angered and sent a group of hounds in the direction of where the arrow came from.

"Nice shot! Keep them coming! I am currently pump with energy!"

3