Chapter 15 The Hysterical Duo is Born
47 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A group of fire hounds were currently heading towards Roger and Issac.

"I will be going to intercept them, watch my back!" Said Roger as he waved back at Issac before he left.

"No problem, see you in a bit." 

Roger was currently sliding down on the hill on his two legs, while kicking up dust behind him.

With his new upgrades, he felt as though, he would never have to rest again to recharge his energy ever again. Even if he had to tackle 5-6 monsters at once. 

From afar the group of hounds, saw the dust kicked up by Roger and immediately rushed towards him.

"Woof, woof, woof, woof, woof!" 

The sound of 5 hounds, was heard by Roger, so he immediately adjusted his mental state of mind in order to tackle them better. 

As soon as the 2 parties were within fighting distance of each other. 

Roger whipped out his sword and shield.

The leader of the hounds immediately jumped at Roger, it opened it mouth and a blaze of fire covered its fangs. While the other hounds sidestep Roger and headed towards his blind sides.

The hound that was currently pouncing Roger in the air collided with Roger's shield, sparks between the hounds fiery fangs and the shield sparked, before getting pushed back by Roger. 

"WOOF!" Shouted the leader.

The hounds on the sides immediately went after Roger, after their leader was shoved away. They knew Roger's shield couldn't have blocked 4 different attacks coming from 4 different directions. 

This time not only did their fangs, went ablaze their claws and the tip of their tails lit up as well when attacking. The group had very good coordination and cooperation skills.  

Roger only managed to block one of the hounds, with his shield, while slashing another with his sword. Even though he could keep up his energy shield for as long as he liked, it stilled only covered his front position and the hounds were by no means slow. 

Eventually one the hounds managed to break through, and managed to sink their fangs into the shoulders of his sword arm. Before he managed to get the hound off of his shoulder. The final hound that was just about to land a hit on his leg was suddenly pierced by an arrow through its head, killing it on the spot.

"What took you so long? I thought you had my back."

"Sorry Pal, I was still adjusting the timing of my pulls."

The two were currently talking through their intercoms as they were currently registered as part of the same party. 

"As, long as you aren't wasting any of the arrows I brought you."

"Don't worry, I never miss, by the way you should finish up quick I already shot at a second group of hounds. They are heading your way now as we speak."

"..."

 Even as the two were talking, Roger grabbed the fire hound by its head before smashing it to the ground and stabbing it through its head to kill it.  That was already three down. But it was already a forgone conclusion, on how the other two ended up.   

"Hold up there, my buddy Roger I want to see how this specialty arrow that you brought me works. Stand right there, hold up your shield above your head and activate it."

As Roger did what Issac ask of him, the second group of hounds were already in the vicinity. The hounds were mad they saw the bodies of the first group surround Roger. 

They immediately raged up, sparing no second thought other then to crush Roger alive.  

Just as they managed to circle around Roger. Issac's specialty arrow arrived on the scene.  From above the arrowed scattered into many little arrows raining on top of Roger and the hounds. Though the none of the hounds were killed, they were significantly weakened. Since Roger had his shield up, those small arrows posed no harm to Roger besides exhausting some of his MP, in which he quickly recovered.

The fire hound's injuries varied from being blinded to bleeding from their wounds. But they no longer posed a threat. It was now just easy picking for Roger.

"Stop, don't gather anymore."

"Why? We were doing do well."

"We got to bring back the bodies to sell. If we leave them here they will attract the other monsters, and things wouldn't be as smooth as they are now."

"I see let's head back for now, that should be just the right amount of time for your shoulder injury to heal, while we are heading back I will think about a solution to this traveling problem."

The two stored the 10 bodies into their orbs, and started heading back to base camp to sell them.

As they were heading back Issac suddenly had an idea.

"I have got it, once we get back to base camp wait for me for a bit."

"Ok."

Roger had no clue what Issac was thinking of to solve this problem of travel, besides spending an exorbitant amount of money on transportation. 

As soon as the 2 reached the entrance of the base camp Issac immediately handed his orbs to Roger.

"Sell, these hounds for me, after you do that immediately fill both and my orbs with all the arrows you can! I will be back soon."

Issac left as soon as he said those words.

"..."

Doing as he was told, Roger headed to the material processing shop and sold the 10 fire hounds, though individually they were only worth about half as much as a single salamander, but selling a group of 5 netted him 2.5 times more then 1 salamander. The money was 6/4 between Roger and Issac as none of this could have been done without him. He didn't know why Issac wanted him to fill both of their orbs with arrows but he had no complaints, he knew that Issac had his reasons for tell him so. 

As Roger was buying arrows from the shop, he suddenly received a notification player XXXX has joined the party, then again the same message played over and over again several in a row times. 

Confused as to what is going on Roger sent a private message to Issac. 

"These people are going to be our storage transportation vehicles." 

"?" Roger was still confused as to what Issac meant.

"I have signed a contract with them, these are just normal people that doesn't have the skills to kill such high level monsters such as these. It is going to be a 5/3/2 split for each monster we kill. I have also told them since there is a finite monsters it is a bad idea to spread this around, you wouldn't want there to be more competition to take money away from you, would you? These people are going to be using their storage orbs going back to base camp and selling them while the money is automatically split up by the AI that is overseeing the contract. How great is that? While we will be just killing monster there for as long as possible."

The truth of the matter is that it is a great deal for the people that joined they didn't have to do anything dangerous and they get to profit 1,000 credits! every time they make a round trip.

"Woah! How did you think of that?" Roger was currently seriously impress by the way Issac thinks. 

"The only reason why I have thought of this and you haven't is because you are a solo player, everything revolves around yourself. You don't know how to expand beyond yourself. Once you do you can become as amazing as I am." 

Roger can see it now, how smug Issac was currently acting. 

"..."

"Yea, yea, yea I already long knew how amazing you are. What are you waiting for? Lets go!" 

The group that Issac gathered up finally gotten together and after meeting up with Roger they headed back out right away.

They went back to the same hill that they were originally at, but this time when facing the hounds they were now more prepared. 

But the group that was with them, when they saw the huge amounts of fire hounds, started to get cold feet.

"Don't worry, you guys won't have to do anything according to the contract just that after each battle fill up all your storage orb and go back the same route and sell them then come back. While we will be splitting each kill at 5/3/2 ratio." 

As soon as Issac said that he already prep and shot the first arrow signaling the beginning of this grind. 

This time Roger charged in with no hesitation and knowing that Issac now has his timing down flat he wasn't even going to be worrying about Issac running out of energy anytime soon as all he was doing is just firing arrows. 

The two annihilated the first group in almost no time, and sent up the first person the corpse. See as that happen, they immediately continued their cycle. They got especially excited when they heard the first deposit sound. 

Even though Roger occasionally gotten hurt it usually was a relatively small injury that can heal self healed after enough time, besides Roger was the only one that is currently able to stay at the front of battle for so long. I mean who would of thought of adding a second storage converter combo into their body to run in parallel. Even though he told Issac to do the same he declined stating that he doesn't use much energy in the first place, that he would rather get more custom specialize upgrades at a lower cost. 

Roger just shrugged it off, as that each and every player had their own style. Issac only gave himself a lower split because he knew most of the burden would be on Issac, besides that he knew that Roger's upgrades were very expensive any custom upgrades cost 4 times as much as a regular custom upgrade, which already in fact costed a few times more then then basic upgrades.  

The two was currently laughing hysterically.

Every time they saw they bank account number go up they got more excited. The duo got more and more efficient, that they were now chaining the numbers of kills with almost no breaks.

Even the people they have hired were starting to look at them strangely, wondering how can they do what they were doing. In fact it seems as though the transporters might not even be able to keep up with the two!

"HAHAHAHHAHAHA!" Loudly laughed the two.

4