Chapter 19 I’m Not Lost
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hysterical duo's small party quickly grew to over 50+ contracted players.

Roger was leading the charge against the fire hounds attracting all possible attention, while Issac managed and controlled the situation.

Over the last week, the group had cleared much of the area but even still considering the exponential cost of Roger's custom upgrades, he still wasn't able to afford his 8th upgrade.

"Do you think we have made enough over the past week?" Roger asked Issac.

"According to my calculations, depending on how we play it we should have more then enough."

"Good. I was getting tired of grinding here for so long."

After Roger and Issac reached their conclusion, the two dismissed the group stating that the two will no longer be coming here, and that they can do whatever they wanted in the area from now on. 

"Ah, finally those two freaks are leaving." Said one of the group members.

"We can finally take it easy."

"It was great money, and they made killing the hounds easy but those two just didn't know when to stop!"

"The tournament is tomorrow, you guys want to watch it together?"

"Yea, sure."

The group then took a much needed break.

...

"Oh, right I have been meaning to ask. Is the one they call the Yellow Butterfly that is on the top 10 list the one that we know of?"

"I have no clue, I lost contact with the little one for several years now, it is like she disappeared from the face of the Earth."

In a forest, in the middle of no where, a little girl suddenly sneezed.

"Who is talking about me?" She questioned as she rubbed her nose. 

"Grandma... Master! I am logging in now to join the tournament."

"Do your best, don't let me down and have fun."

Login!

...

It was the next day, Roger and Issac was already in a waiting room getting ready to enter their respective Arena Battle Cabin.

"You ready?" Roger asked Issac.

"Sigh, as ready as I will ever be." While looking as though he never wanted to do this in the first place.

"Relax, we will be fine."

...

A crowd was starting to gather inside and outside of the Battle Arena Stadium that was located inside the Continental Ark Ship.

Enthusiasm, for the up and coming tournament could be felt in the air.

The people were constantly talking about their favorites.

"Kyaa, I hope the Magician notices me." One fan girl cried out.

"He is mines, you better stay away from him!" Said another.

Just as the two was about to get into a fight, the two were locked out and kicked from the Arena.

"I have my money on the formless one, just look at how they move, the formless one have almost no blind spots and can attack from all directions!"

"I wanted to be like the invisible one, but becoming almost totally invisible cost a fortune! There is no way I could afford that."

"Shut up, we all know what you would do if you actually attain invisibility on Earth."

"Looks like I have been caught red handed, hahaha." 

As the chatting was still on going, the lights suddenly dim and the crowd started quieting down.

Sounds from the speakers started vibrating down onto the people in the stands.

AI: Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to the first ever tournament hosted on this Ark Ship. I am your host AI # XXXXXX9. For today's tournament we have an astonishing 10,000+ participant that signed up to join this primaries. Which will eventually be whittle down all the way down until only 64 participants are left, in this battle royale. 

Above the Arena, a projection pop out. It showcased the map where the battle royale will be taking place.    

AI: This is the map, where our contestants will be duking it out with one another. It is roughly 30km^2 area, composed of many different type of environment. The players will be randomly spawn on the map. The map would be slowly shrinking after a certain amount of time has pass, not only would players would be fighting against each other, they would also have to worry about the monsters in the area trying to kill them as well.  

The projections were currently showcasing, places on the map where the players could spawn at and the types of monsters they might have to face in said area.

AI: This map, will not only test your wits, skills, group battles, and intelligence. Depending on your luck, you could be eliminated right at the start if you are unlucky. You can pick and choose who ever you want to focus your screen on. Without further ado, let the battles begin!

Players began appearing randomly all over the map.

Some even managed to spawn right in front of other people.

When Roger came to, he realize that he has spawned somewhere in the middle of a desert. Not knowing where he was exactly he started wandering around. But little did he know he actually spawned right dead center of the enter map.  

"The only thing around me is sand. Where is everyone?" 

He started scaling the dunes, and jumping towards the sky since he doesn't have any flight abilities. But still he saw no one. The wind started to pick up, sand was blowing everywhere, very soon Roger couldn't even see 3 feet in front of him.

"This stupid sandstorm got nothing on me! As long as I keep heading straight I will eventually get out of here!"

He started trekking forward, or so he thought.

...

"Ah! Dammit this is why I didn't want to join this tournament!"

Issac had spawned in a swampy area of the map, but as soon as he did there was already several people around him and that was extremely bad for Issac as he was an archer. 

What was worst was for some reason unbeknown to Issac, as he was trying to escape the encirclement and the people there duke it out, they all started chasing after him instead.

"Do they think I am an easy prey or something that is why they are all after me?" Issac panicked.  

But that was far from the truth, it was because when he tried escaping the encirclement and head towards higher ground, he activated his camouflage module. Once Issac disappeared from their sight, they immediately thought of him as the one they called the invisible one, even though he doesn't uses a bow at all, they had all conveniently had forgotten about it in the heat of things.

Still none of that bothered them in the first place as they all thought of themselves as good players, but still it doesn't hurt to take out a fan favorite.

As things had happen to quickly Issac didn't realize his camouflage was useless because of the area he was in, he was leaving foot prints where ever he stepped.    

The group of players was hot on his tail.

"Ah! Get me out of here." Screamed Issac. 

...

On the projection screen back at the Arena was currently showcasing the #1 favorite of the tournament. 

The Magician was currently in a fight against 10 others, not only was he not losing, he was overwhelming the other parties instead. 

"Kya! He is so handsome. Marry me, please!" Shouted by someone from the audience. 

"How is he doing that? He is firing off energy blast and elemental energy attacks from all around him. Does he have no limits?"

"Impossible! How come no can even land a hit on him?" 

In just a few moments the group of 10 was already eliminated from the competition, and those that saw what happened, slowly back away.   

"Humph. These days no one have a backbone anymore. How is the Earth ever suppose to break free from their current situation?" The Magician shook his head in disappointment as he left the area. 

"Is he gone?"

"That was insane."

"No, wonder why he is the favorite. Who could beat someone that that?"   

...

Roger has been on the move for about an hour or so by now in the sandstorm. But he does not want to admit it, but he is lost.

"No! I am not lost, it is everyone else that is lost. Yea, that is right." Roger shook his head up and down to make it seem like he was correct, but in reality he was just in self denial. 

I wonder how Issac is doing.

"I am not going to go down that easily!" Issac was currently going crazy. He had enough of being chased around everywhere as he uncloaked himself.

"Die!" Issac shouted at the ones chasing after him. He disregarded his own safety and started shooting, explosives rounds. If he made a mistake he even had a chance of blowing himself up especially when he was facing people this close up, but what other choice did he have.

"Wait a second, who is this guy? The invisible one uses daggers, this guy uses a bow. It seems like he has gone crazy, time to run away." One of chasers mumbled to himself as he finally came to the realization that he had the wrong guy this whole time. 

2