Chapter 20 Remarkably, Unremarkable
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sandstorm has been raging on for roughly 2 hours. During that time Roger just rage quitted.

"Ah, I quit! I will just wait right here until someone comes up to me and picks a fight."

And just like that in the middle of a sandstorm, Roger laid on his side and started to sleep.

The people back at the arena, when they were scrolling through the list of participants and when it came up to Roger, his visibly laid back attitude was present for all to see, and many people got triggered because of him.     

"What is this person doing? This is a tournament! Not a place for people to sleep at."

"I am going to be raising a complaint to the tournament officials on this guy."

"Did this middle age man, came here just to play around?"

Though this small group of people were visibly, angry at Roger but what they didn't know was the reason why that Roger was alone in the first place was due to the sandstorm. 

Any normal player would of had all their energy sap away by now, even if they weren't moving around. The sand from the sandstorm would constantly shave them down little by little, until their bodies would no longer function. So any one that was in the area in the first place that was still alive, was either dead or that they already managed to make it outside of the area.

So all of their complaints to the officials have went through one ear and out the other. 

As Roger was sleeping in the middle of a sandstorm, the matches outside of it was getting more and more intense as the area of the map slowly shrinks.

"AHAHAHA, How do you people like me now?!" Issac shouted.

Issac had somehow managed to crave out a space for himself. After being chased around for so long and hiding in fear of getting killed. He threw caution far into the wind. 

He was using everything he had on him, just spamming all around himself. Whether his chasers were nearby him or even much farther away, he did everything he can to create distance from is pursuers even at the cost of self inflicting harm. 

He cast smokescreens to hide his positioning and to avoid laser shots. He set up traps dangerously close to himself, to lore others to step right into them. All while monitoring the position of those much farther away from him. Every single bit of breathing room he had created for himself, he managed to shoot an arrow out with deadly accuracy, sniping those that were none the wiser.  

Finally the people in the swampy area, were starting to back off and stay away from the craze out archer.  

"Hahaha, Huh what is this?" As Issac was laughing something pushed against him from behind.

It was a barrier. Little did he know that the little area that he created for himself after all that time, was about to be eliminated by the shrinking of the map.  

"No! It can't be! It can't end like this! I worked so hard!" Cried Issac. 

As Issac was being pushed forward by the barrier, those that were originally moving away from Issac, turned back their head when they heard the screams of Issac.

The lot of people all of a sudden had an evil grin on their faces.

"Get him!" One of them shouted.

"Ahhh! Have mercy! I have fam..."

Poor Issac, had his back against the wall trap by his own traps and pushed by the closing barrier. He couldn't escape. He was getting blasted from all sides, all the way until he perished. Issac's tournament run had ended before it barely even begun.  

As the lights closed for him, he woke back up inside the battle arena cabin. When he got back up he swung by Roger's cabin.

"@#$%^&  you, Roger!, You said it be fun, nothing to worry about right." Issac said as he kicked his cabin.  

Back in on the map, Roger suddenly awoke, he looked around.

"Strange, I thought I heard someone calling my name. Eh, oh wells."

After about 4 hours, into the battle royale, it was finally getting into the final hour of this part of the tournament. The remaining contestants have already been whittled down to now only several hundreds.

Even the sandstorm in the middle of the map have finally subsided. 

Roger was finally hearing signs of life.

"Ah, that was a good nap. Looks like it is finally time for some action." 

Fights were raging on in the desert field.

"Clank, Bang, Zap, Crack."

Roger finally met up with another player, wasting no time they engaged in battle. The battle was a very ordinary one, nothing flashy just a good old melee fight. The two just hammered their weapons against each other, while dodging and using his shield to block their attacks. Roger was in fact doing nothing, that made him stand out at all. Eventually, the opponent ran out of energy and besides that they were damaged in a previous battle thereby giving Roger an advantage. 

Though none of the players that were left were weak, they were all exhausted to a certain extent after 4 hours of intense fighting with others, whiling having to survive the environment. But due to Roger's almost seemingly limitless supply of energy, he started winning one battle after another.

"Why haven't the tournament officials kick that middle age man yet?!" 

"All he have done is sleep this whole time, that is not fair to the rest!"

"What did you say, are you tell me that man, have just been sleeping this whole time? While I have been fighting for my life out there!" Issac said as he suddenly joined in with the crowd bashing Roger.

"Huh, weren't you that crazy archer? You were so cool out there! If only you had made it to the main tournament I would have fully supported you. Unlike with that guy on the projection screen right now."

"Aw, thanks. Anyways Kick him!" Issac started again heckling at Roger. 

Issac was so angry at Roger, that he even temporary forgotten that they were suppose to be on the same side.

"Ah, dammit I was so close. I can't believe I lost against someone like you." The person had a look of regret.

"Say no more, let me end you now." Roger took his sword and used it to put him out of commission. 

As soon as he put the person out of commission, someone zoomed over Roger's head.

Roger then turned and looked up. He couldn't quite make it out who it was, since the sun was shiny on his eyes. Even so for a brief moment, there eyes crossed one another. 

It was The Magician, in that brief moment he saw Roger from the sky. He had looked at him from top to bottom. In his eyes he saw nothing remarkable about him, so he just continued on.

Looking as the person continued on going Roger finally realized who it was.

"So, that is the one they called The Magician. He certainly looks the part and seems very confident in himself."

While back in the arena some people were disappointed that the magician didn't just kill him then and there.

"Ah! Why didn't you kill him?"

"He most likely felt that he was to unworthy to be killed by him."

"Most likely." 

After Roger's brief encounter with The Magician, he continued moving to different battlefields in the area. 

"Pew, pew, pew"

Roger heard the sounds of lasers being fired. He started climbing over the dune to see what was happening on the other side. As soon as he reached the top of the dune, he was grazed by a stray laser beam. 

"Woah, that was close." Roger wiped an imaginary sweat from his forehead. A step faster he could have been eliminated due to sheer bad luck.  

As, he slowly recovered from his near death experience he once again peered over the dune.

And then he saw someone in a yellow dress fluttering around, almost like they were dancing with two swords in their hands. A group of people were currently firing their weapons against her from all directions, but she managed to dodge every single attack by just a hair's width. 

As graceful as she was, every time she swung her sword a player's life gets taken. Those that were located farther away then she was capable of reaching with her hands, the swords that she controlled, flew off by themselves seeking the lives of all those that tries to bring her harm.  

As soon as the fight was over. Roger tried calling out to her.

"LILY!? Is that you?" Shouted Roger from the top of the sand dune.

As soon as she heard her name being called, she immediately turned her head looking at the top of the dune.

She had to squint her eyes as the sun was getting in the way. 

Roger was waving at her. But just as she was about to call out to him.

"Brother Rog..."

The area between the two blew up.

2