Chapter 21 Never Give Up!
37 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the battle royale was coming to an ending, the Ai decided to throw a curveball into the mix for the remaining contestants.

Even though, the contestants were in a desert playing field, the enter area was shaking.

"Whaaat iss happennning?" Roger cried out loud before tumbling backwards from the sand dune.

As soon as, Roger fell from the top of the sand dune, the dune collapse.

A giant sandworm, the size of a hill took its place. Having no eyes, and from its one opening which was its mouth, was filled with razor sharp teeth.   

"Roar!!!" The sandworm cried. Moments later the same roars but from multiple other directions could be heard as well.

Their task? To hunt the remaining contestants until only 64 remains.

The eyes of the Yellow Butterfly visibly showed anger to the beast, she was furious! 

"How dare you get in my way of my reunion with my Uncl.. Big Brother Roger?!"

The enraged little girl also known as Lily, charged at the sandworm like she just had something taken away from her. She started moving in a way like she was possessed.

The sandworm even though it had no eyes, was highly sensitive to movements and sounds.

Just as soon as Lily, screamed at it the hill size sandworm already shifted its attention onto her.

The giant sandworm dove at her, due to its sheer size, there should have been no way of avoiding this attack.

The sounds of Lily's steps started to split becoming quieter and quieter. Every time the sound step an after image of herself was create. But due to this even though the sandworm couldn't see, started to get confused about the number of preys it was facing causing it hesitate.

Suddenly the stepping sounds disappeared. As soon as the giant sandworm dove down swallowing sand, rocks, and all that was in its path.

"Die!" Lily shouted at the beast from behind its large body.

How exactly did she managed to avoid the beast's detection? By flying of course. The reason why her steps disappeared wasn't because she was eaten alive and turned into a ghost, but that she turn the energy generated from her steps into her sword, so that she can ride on it at a much quicker pace. As soon as she avoided the beast she attacked.

Her slash caused a 10 meter gash onto the beast. If it was a real creature from the danger world level E. Almost no creature would have survived such an attack. But sadly this was a creature generated by the AI for this map as a end game boss. So to the hill size sandworm, this attack barely even tickled it. 

As the sandworm once again gotten back the position of Lily, this time instead of trying to swallow everything up it used its gigantic body the sweep the area instead.

After that slash made by the Yellow Butterfly, she had officially ran out of power, no longer could she move and run away.

"Looks like this is the end for me." She sounded as though, she was regretting her out burst.

Just as the sandworm was about to make contact with its strike. A person suddenly appeared in front of Lily.

"Did you already forget my teachings little one? To never give up until the very end!" Shouted Roger.

"Who are you calling little?!" Even though Lily sounded angry at being called little, she was actually really happy to hear his voice once more.

While ignoring Lily for a moment. Roger shouted. "Full Power!"

The shield on his left arm expanded, multiple folds covering both him and Lily.

"Multilayer formation!" In front of his shield another shield started forming, then another, then another after that.

Currently all that Roger was doing, was delaying the inevitable.

The Giant Sandworm had easily destroyed the shields made by Roger.

"Boom, boom, boom!"

As soon as it reached Roger, he was immediately flung backward with Lily behind him.

He was spent soaring through the sky for what may have been several kilometers.

Until, he and Lily crashed into another sand dune.

With the layers of shield Roger created that also covered their backs momentarily, somehow Lily made it out alive with only a broken arm and leg. But Roger was nearly totaled.

Lily started to cry, "I'm sorry."

"Oh, you silly girl. I am not actually dead we can still meet up after this is over." Roger said, just as he was about to get terminated he received a message.

"Congratulation, for making it into the top 64, tomorrow you will be heading to the main stage of the tournament battle arena."

It turns out just as Roger was about to die, someone else died first.

"Eh. I am not out of the tournament?"

Just as he was about to continue to speak with Lily, they were all forced to leave the map.

...

Back at the waiting room, Roger's cabin opened and standing besides it was Issac.

"Congratulation, for making it into the top 64! Now our plan can begin."

Roger looked back at Issac.

"What about you? How come you didn't make it?"

Issac glared at Roger.

"You don't say, you better not ask that again because if you do, I might just murder you!" 

Seeing that Issac didn't want to talk about it, he knew that Issac must of had a really rough time in the Battle Royale.

"Ugh, ok."

On the other side of the battle arena's waiting room as soon as Lily woken up from her battle arena cabin. She immediately got up and started looking around for Roger, not knowing that there was actually multiple waiting rooms, she wasted much of her time looking around until someone told her that Roger might have been in a different room. 

With the time she wasted looking around, Roger already logged off with Issac. By the time she realized what had happen she became depress.

"Hmm, I think I am forgetting something. Oh right! I forgot to add Lily to my friends list. Eh, I will be seeing her tomorrow for the main tournament, I will do it then."

"Buzz, buzz, buzz"

"Hello?"

"Its me, did you see my acting."

"Yea, it was perfect! With that whoever I would be facing tomorrow, everyone would bet on them to kill me."

"Hehehehehe!"

"Hahahahaha!"

But little did Roger know, was that Issac wasn't actually acting when he made those outburst.

"Oh, I forgot to mention the Yellow Butterfly is Lily.  She has gotten really strong."

"If you say so, then it must be true."

"Anyways, lets get back to discussing how we should be betting, depending on who you would be facing tomorrow!"  

On the other side of the call, Issac was shaking his head back and forth disappointed with Roger, for still not noticing that since a long time ago, the little girl known as Lily had a really strong fondness for him.

So for the remainder of the day, Roger and Issac had scripted out all the possible scenarios that may or may not happen for tomorrow with the remaining contestants involved. 

...

It was finally the morning of the next day.

Many have already arrived at the battle arena stadium lined up to get front row seats.

Even though it was early and the main tournament doesn't start for at least another few hours, contestants have also started arriving, especially one in particular that have arrived as soon as the rooms opened. 

The little girl was crouching down by the front of the doors to the waiting room.

Everyone that walks in was glared at by her.

One of the participants walked up to the girl and ask. "Are you lost little girl?"

But as soon as they said that she hissed at him. Indicating them to go away.  

"Get back over here." One of the other participants said to the guy that ask the question.

"Why are you messing with her? Don't you know that she is The Yellow Butterfly?"

"Eh, really she is the Yellow Butterfly, she seems much shorter then I believed she was."

"Shush, you idiot. Do you want to get killed before the tournament even start? Don't say that in front of her! It is taboo." 

"Crap! I hope she didn't hear what I said just now, I just said it out of reflex."

As he turned around, he found out that she was glaring at him once again, but this time he felt as though the glare meant something else. The words that came to mind was. "You are so dead." 

Only an hour remains until the main tournament officially begins. 

It was then did she finally hear the voice, she wanted to hear so badly coming from outside of the waiting room.

Roger was currently bickering with Issac on how things was suppose to be done.

"And so..."

Just as Issac was about to finish speaking to Roger on how he should act, a shadow body immediately came at them from behind and tackled Roger.

"How could you?" Lily said with teary eyes as she looked at Roger.

2