Chapter 22 Public Enemy #1
42 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roger was suddenly in shock, as Lily was currently situated on top of him about to cry.

In a small state of confusion and panic, Roger turned to Issac to plea for help. Conveniently, Issac had his head turn ignoring the situation entirely, pretending to read the schedule list behind him.

Lily started using her small fist to hit Roger. Not knowing what to do Roger just stood in place and took the hits, until she started to speak again.

"I waited for you so long yesterday, I looked for you all over the stadium, you never showed up."

Wait a second, did I say that I would find her after yesterday's Battle Royale? What ever it was, looking at how upset she is, I must be wrong somehow right?

"I'm sorry?" Roger said as he reach out his arm to wipe away the fake mechanical tear that was coming from her eyes.

"Let me add you to my friends list right now, so this doesn't happen again ok?"

As soon as she heard that she nodded her head. "Ok."

As soon as Issac heard Lily calmed down, he turned back around.

"Lily, did you already forget about your Big Brother Issac?"

As she calmed her breathing, she turned around and greeted Issac.

"Of course I didn't forget about you Guild Leader."

"You don't have to worry about getting back at Roger, I will do it for you later." Issac said as he patted her head.

"Hey! What do you mean by that?"

"Thank you."

"Anyways, hurry up you two and get going the tournament is starting soon. I will be in the stadium watching your fights."

Issac hurried and left while waving his hand. He wanted to leave space for the two, but he thought Roger would still eventually screw things up.

As Roger saw Issac off. Lily immediately went up to Roger and grab his arm. While smiling not knowing any better he spoke.

"Shall, we get going?"

"Mhm." Lily spoke smiling happily. 

The two entered the waiting room.

As the tournament was about to start many have already entered their respective arena cabins that was assigned to them.

This time around Roger walked Lily to her cabin before heading back to his.

"You better wait for me this time!"

"Yes, I will remember this time."

...

AI: Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to the second day of the tournament. Today, we will be heading into the main event with our 64 remaining contestants.

For our first match it is going to be a classic one of Earth's paradox, the strongest spear or the immovable shield!

As soon as Roger heard that, he knew he was being referred to as being a shield.

"Is the AI having difficulties finding something to represent me? I don't want to be a sitting duck that lets someone hits them without being able to retaliate. Well, I am not going to be playing along with it." 

Back in the stadium stands people were constantly shaming Roger for his display during the Battle Royale.

"Booo!, Get that out of here lazy bum! He doesn't deserve a spot in this tournament!"

"Yea! He only knows how to take advantage of weaken foes! Crush him fellow spear user!"

Roger has basically become enemy #1 in this tournament. No one wanted him to stay and because of all the extreme hate Roger generated for himself he was currently the most bet against player in this tournament. Most of the people that are betting against him, actually doesn't believe he will get very far in the tournament.

His current betting odds in this battle was 10:1.

"You better win Roger, otherwise we would be wasting a whole week of grinding." Issac said as he was gripping his hands together praying.

As all was said and done the 2 participants finally appeared in the middle of the arena.

The booing and shaming in the arena intensified as soon as Roger showed up.

The two made small talk as the countdown began from 10. 

"Wow, what a crowd. You certainly seem well liked." Said the spear user.

"I impress myself, I haven't expected this much of a reaction." Roger said as he raised his arms and waved at the crowd.

Once again triggering them to no end.

"Who do you think you are? No one here is cheering for you!"

"Die!"

"Get him!"

The spear user was looking at the crowd and back at Roger.

"Did you accidently dropped an endangered animal or something? Looks like I can't be disappointing the crowd now can I?"

"Who knows, maybe they just think I am an easy target? But I will have to disappoint you because I will be taking this win!" 

3... 2... 1... Begin!

As soon as the battle begin, the spear user immediately went for the charge.

Speed and power the spear user had and as soon as Roger's shield and the spear clashed sparks flew and a explosion generated by the spear erupted.

The explosion knocked Roger a few steps back, but no major damage was sustained.

"Hohoho, not bad. I guess, I can't be underestimating anyone that made it to the top 64!"

As Roger got back into position he spoke. "I have never underestimated anyone because if you do it can become your downfall! Let's not keep the crowd in suspense any longer and finish this."

 "Well Said!"

Every time they clashed, it was always Roger on the losing end, suffering minor damage every single time.

Even when Roger parry's the spear, the explosion always knocks him back before his sword had a chance to make contact with the spear user. Due to the difference in length of said weapons it was made even more apparent.

The audience were pump, this was exactly the outcome they were hoping to see. 

"Crush him!" 

"He is done for!"

"Why don't you just sleep on the ground like you did in the battle royale, and let him end you already, instead of wasting so much of our time? So we can move onto the next match!" 

As the audience was shouting at Roger for being such a time waster, the spear user that was facing Roger was starting to get confused. By all of his account, Roger should be dead by now. With all the amount of injuries he sustained and the blows that he has been taking, there is just no way he could still be moving.

"You know you can't beat me so just stand still and let me end this already!" The spear user was obviously frustrated, believing that he was the better player. He wanted Roger to surrender to him already.

The spear user was starting to get more and more frustrated and angry at Roger, that he started to make more and more wild moves. Roger was just tanking everything thrown his way, while maintaining a strange clam, he started taunting him.

"Aw, stop whining like a baby." Roger said with a smirk. 

The spear user got more rowdy up. While Roger was constantly maintaining his sight on the opponent's spear. 

All of a sudden an opening was exposed in Roger's defense. 

"Haha! I have got you now!"

The audience saw it as well, they started to cheer on the spear user.

"End him!"

"Finally, it is over." 

But just when everyone thought it was over, the final explosion didn't happen. 

The spear user finally ran out of energy to generate any more explosion. Stun that his attack didn't end the match Roger took advantage of the brief moment and held the spear down. He step in at great speed, while he whipping out his sword, and provided it with the full amount of energy that Roger could muster at once, coating it with blue electric current.

He stabbed through the spear user, and fried him up completely.

"Ahhh!" The spear user cried at the intense electrical shock.  

When the spear user finally stop screaming a message pop up. 

AI: Match Ended! Winner the Immovable Shield! Roger! 

The audience was caught completely off guard. Stun at the upset delivered by Roger. That they didn't even have any time to react. But when they finally came to their senses. They all started screaming and shouting.

"Booooo!" They shouted.

Not only that, they were currently shaming the spear user as well, for being so reckless, for not knowing how to conserve energy.

"How did you just run out of energy before giving him the final blow aren't you a top 64 participant? Learn how to play!" 

"Ah, my money!" 

Mean while Issac saw his account balance sky rocketed.

"Yes, yes, yes!" He thought in his head, while he joined the crowd in acting angry at the outcome. 

The opening match had ended with Roger's upset victory.   

The rest of the 31 matches, had ended with what most has expected. Though it was expected, the top 10 favorites, still managed to show their brilliance by utterly decimating their opponents in less then 1 minute after the start of the match, unlike the match Roger took part of.  

Author's Note

Sorry about the lack of update over the last 2 days, was a bit busy.

2