Chapter 4- And the Seraphim
247 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I added a few bits to the glossary so if you're curious check it out.

Rezan's POV

The next day when i entered class Princess Vanessa walked up to me and asked for a duel. I obliged obviously since i wanted to see how strong one of the top elites at the school really are. When we reached the arena she pulled out her sword and i pulled mine. Interestingly she let me have the first move so i opened the match. 

After our first clash she opened the distance and fired lightning at me, i was a bit shocked no pun intended but my reflexes kicked in and i received it on the blade. While the wing blade doesn't have the ability to store received attacks and return it i pretended it did and simply dragged my blade across rhe floor to create a spark large enough for me to make it seem that returned her attack. Surprisingly she managed to duck out of the way before i swung, she has some good instincts that's for sure. 

I rushed her again and i made things interesting by matching her strength rather than simply overpowering her, this was to both to make the match last a bit longer and so i can practice holding back. We continue this little back and forth before suddenly the Princess asked me to show her full power. I pondered for a moment before deciding why not? It's not like I'll do anything, it's simply an exhibition. I activated an Imperial Decree and focused it on her, she falls to a knee and uses her sword to try and stand up. I cancel the Decree and helped the Princess up, and apparently she decided to invite me for tea, i accepted of course and left the arena. 

As i walked the halls of the academy i received a notification on my data pad, it was from the principal and it told me to head to his office. I entered the office to see an old man sitting on the couch pouring some coffee, it looks like he's the Principal. I sit across from him and waited for him to speak. 

-Care for some coffee? 

-Sure. 

-Sugar or cream? 

-I prefer black thank you. 

-Not even a little bit of cream? 

-No, just black. 

-sigh kids these days trying to act all adult like. Very well then, here you go. 

-Thank you, so why did you call me here? 

-Because of your match with the Princess, I'm thinking of upgrading your accommodations to something more comfortable. 

-And why would you do that? 

-Because if i let a rising star like you stay in the basic dorm that would look bad on me and the academy. 

-And what's the actual reason? 

-Because I'm interested in your abrupt and impressive change and to give you a favourable first impression. 

-I see, well you certainly accomplished the second part by being honest. 

-And what if i wasn't? 

-I'd be suspicious of you and decline your offer. 

-Cheeky aren't you? 

-Only as cheeky as you are. 

-Hahaha! Now I'm definitely interested in seeing what you'll be up to. Here, I've transferred the dorm code to your data pad, the next time you open the door to your old room will be your last. 

-Thanks. 

I finished my coffee and got up and left the office. After reaching my old dorm and collecting the few things i actually owned before awakening. Then I leave and head to my new abode, it looks to be double the floor size of my old dorm. Not a lot of furnishings so I'll probably have to go shopping tomorrow for things like plates, cups, and others stuff to decorate this place. I hope IKEA is still around, Epsilon has sent me some cash she made so I'm good to go. Oh right i promised the Princess I'd meet her for afternoon tea, its almost 3 so i should get going. 

I head to where the elite dorms are and well, it's a damn Ivory Tower, looks to be around 10 stories tall and from what i can tell each floor is a whole apartment for one student. I walk in and punch in the second highest floor of the tower. I wonder who lives on the top? The guard let's me pass and i knock on the door. A maid opens the door and guides me to the balcony where the Princess sits at one of those outdoor round tables people put in their garden complete with umbrella cover. I sit across from her and as the maid leaves to prepare the tea the princess looks at me and asks. 

-Where have you been? I didn't see you at class. 

-The Principal called to his office. 

-Why? 

-He offered me a larger apartment dorm, i accepted. 

-Oh that great! 

-Speaking of which, who lives on the top floor? 

-No one, only those who reach a certain score have the right to live there, and well no one since the academy's founding has managed to score high enough for it. 

-I see, then i certainly have a goal to aim for now. 

-You didn't before? 

-Not really no, i just planned on gathering as much knowledge i can while relaxing and accepting any duel someone offers to me. 

-I see, by the way, do you have any plans for tomorrow? 

-i do in fact, since i got a new apartment i plan to go shopping to decorate it. 

-Oh! In that case may i come? Perhaps i could give some advice on what to buy. 

-I'll happily take you up on that offer thank you. 

-The pleasure is all mine. 

Soon after the maid returned bringing tea, we continued discussing things such as recent news and what else is going on in the world. I also listened to her talk about any gossip she heard from her little network of fans. An hour later i thank her for the tea and leave to my apartment and continue watching the stock market as Epsilon continues playing it like a fiddle. 

7