Chapter 5 – Shopping trip
229 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today's Saturday so I'm sitting in a plaza waiting for a certain princess who wanted to help me shop for furniture. I'm wearing an open black zipper hoodie with a grey shirt underneath. A few minutes of waiting later i see a blonde girl wearing a green cardigan reminding me of a dryad i met once, soon she walks up to while ignoring all the stares around her. I do notice a stare coming from some suspicious locations but for now I'll ignore them. 

-Did i make you wait? 

-No no, i just arrived. 

-oh, that's good. Well shall we go? 

-Sure, first stop would be furniture. 

-I'm not that familiar with shops for those but i am confident in my fashion taste. 

-I'll be relying on you then. 

I get up and we walk down the sidewalk and chat for a while, fortunately IKEA still exists so we go in and start shopping. I pick up an office swivel chair while Vanessa picks out a good set of drapes. We continue through the labyrinthine hallways of IKEA and i discus with Vanessa about a good couch and eventually decide on a beige leather one. Soon we reach the kitchen area where i start picking up some cooking utensils, Vanessa focuses on plates, cups and cutlery while i grab a couple frying pans and pots, enough to fully equip a kitchen. 

Once we reach checkout i pay the cashier while ignoring her gaze, she seems to think we're a young couple buying furniture for our home. I put the shopping in my dimensional storage. I turn to Vanessa and ask her about lunch. 

-What about eating here for lunch? 

-Hmm, you know, i haven't had IKEA food so why not. 

-Then let's go. 

We head to the restaurant and had the classic Swedish meatballs for lunch and we talk about the other things we passed over during our walk in IKEA. We leave and continue our little walk around town, eventually i see a grocery store so we head in and grab a basket. I'm the one who's doing most of the grocery selection since the princess doesn't know much when it comes to groceries, though she does have a keen sense when it comes to tea so I'm grateful for that. After that we get back to strolling around until something catches Vanessa's eye. 

-Ooh! Can we go there? 

-A café? Sure why not. But why? 

-Cause i want sweets and tea! 

-Didn't we just eat? 

-I still want sweets. 

-Fine, i was thinking of coffee anyway. 

We walk in and get a table for 2. We sit down and open the menus as the waitress comes up and asks for our orders. Vanessa orders a slice of Tiramisu cake and a cup of the cafés finest tea, i get a slice of raspberry cheesecake and a cup of black coffee. As we wait i ask Vanessa a rather important question. 

-Your highness, do you have any self awareness? 

-Please, just call me Vanessa. And to answer your question, yes. Atleast i think i do. Why you ask? 

-Cause you seem carefree and well, quite trusting of me. I mean we basically just met the other day and now we're basically on a date. 

-Well if you put it that way then sure, i may seem carefree and quick to trust. You see, your one of the few people in this world who has managed to gain both my interest and admiration. After all, you have beaten me in a duel. I'm also very curious about your rather sudden change in attitude. 

-I see, so I'm some sort of new toy that's caught your attention. 

-In that case I'll only throw you away if you stop being unique. 

-Princess I'm an enigma wrapped in a mystery, there's always something new and fascinating. And i don't care about repercussions so expect me doing something crazy stupid for the hell of it. 

-giggles i see, in that case i have to keep a very close eye on you. 

-If we're talking about close eyes then tell that to your SAS bodyguards. 

-Oh? You know where they are? 

-There's a two man sharpshooter team on that roof over there, the couple in the corner are watching our every move and that white van. Speaking of the white van, you may want to adjust your berets, be careful next time your CO pass by. 

-It seems i have a long way to go, i didn't notice the sharpshooters and van. 

-The van is a dead giveaway while the couple need to work on their acting. As for the sharpshooters well, they just need to hide their killing intent, i can feel their rage from here. 

-Well you're on a date with the heir of the British crown, some angry guards should be expected. 

-can't believe you used my own words against me, touché. 

-hihi then my tutor classes weren't for waste. 

Our order arrives and we enjoy the meal and continue chit chatting though on less serious topics. Afterwards i walk her back to her dorm before making my way to mine. I spend the rest of the evening organising and setting up all the furniture. I finish by 10:30 i get a cold glass of milk and read up on the news before bed. 

nearly forgot the layout of my local IKEA. Damn lockdown is getting to me.

6