Chapter 6 – Game Plan
198 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since today is a sunday i summon Epsilon and discuss our future plan of action. 

-So sir, why did you call me? 

-I wanna know our financial situation.

-We got enough money to do whatever we please sir, we can buy control of most major corporations and even bribe influential politicians. 

-Good, now we can move to stage 2. Knowledge. 

-My orders? 

-First we need intel, start hacking into every intelligence agency in the world, gain access to their database and start collecting every dirty little secret you can find. 

-Afterwards sir? 

-Depends, if necessary we can blackmail and gain control over governments but for now we'll simply work from the shadows, only acting when i deem it necessary. 

-Very well sir, but what about a base of operations? If we plan on influencing global events we'll need a place to prep vehicles and equipment. 

-Hmm, we'll have to spread out instead of one central base of operations. Set up listening posts in the himalayas, prep the kraken nest for deployment and maybe we should start a moon base. 

-The listening post and moon base shouldn't take too long to get up and running but the Kraken nest? Sir that will take some time to be fully operational, especially if we have to start from scratch. Ships can't be built in an instant. 

-True, but time is a luxury we can afford for the time being and when the moon base is ready it'll lessen the need for carriers. 

-Understood, anything else sir? 

-No that'll be all. 

-Very well. 

Epsilon disappears and i ponder my next move, since Epsilon will basically do everything i just have to be the figurehead and make connections. Well first I'll need to make some achievements so let's go to the library. As i walk through the Academy towards the library i think back to the top floor of that ivory tower. That should make quite the impression, since no one has lived there since the Academy's founding reaching the required score will put me on the radar of a lot of people. 

I reach the library and enter, it isn't the stereotypical library one would imagine. With the advent of data pads and advanced computers the Academy turned the Library into a massive server farm storing all the knowledge of the modern world. The only way to access this vast amount of information is by being inside the library and using a special card given by the librarian to allow a data pad to access the servers. 

I receive the card from the librarian and look for a nice place to sit. I find a long table with desk lamps, i decide to sit there and start going over the history and progress of photon technology, specifically in regards to weapons and computers. If i make a breakthrough there then I'll be well on my way to getting that ivory tower penthouse. 

Weapons based on photons have 2 issues from my understanding. First, they lack the flexibility to change their abilities. For example Vanessa's Excalibur can only use lightning as its ability, in order for it to use fire you would have to completely disassemble the entire sword. If i can create a simple and quick way to swap abilities then it'll be a revolution in weapon design and doctrine. 

I'm also thinking about creating a compact power system to allow two different abilities to be used simultaneously allowing for more diverse tactics and strategies, especially for duels. This will certainly make things less boring for me if someone challenges me for a duel. 

As i continue to peruse the contents of the library i notice a girl sitting across from me, she has white hair and ruby red eyes, an actual albino. The most interesting part are her ears, slightly pointed reminding me of elves, or more specifically half elves. I go back to reading my data pad, as i read on i pull out a bag of chips. Eating in the library is allowed as long as you clean up afterwards and don't disturb other visitors. 

-Ca- can i have... Some? 

-Sure, here. 

The girl looks at me and asks for some, of course i obliged and turn the bag to her. 

-... Thanks. 

-No problem. 

As we both continue reading our data pads in silence with the occasional munching of potato chips. I feel a strange tension in the air. It seems the girl is a little nervous. 

-Are you OK? 

-Claire. 

-Huh? 

-Huh? 

It seems we have a bit of a misunderstanding. 

-Claire? Is that your name? 

-... Yes... 

-It's a nice name, Rezan's mine. 

-.... Rezan... That's also... A nice name. 

-Thank you. 

The silence continues and the tension remains. Personally i don't mind it and it would be good for Claire to take the initiative, it seems that she's a bit shy. 

-Are... You not curious? 

-Curious? About what? 

-My.. Ears. 

-Well i am curious, but I believe I'm polite enough to not stare. 

-I... See... Thank you. 

-Don't worry, its nothing to worry about. 

Soon after the bag is empty i put it in my pocket and leave the library, i hand the card back to the librarian and start walking back to my dorm. There's still daylight up but i think it's best if head back now and start drafting my blueprints. I think back to the girl sitting across from me, Claire. I wonder what's her backstory, it seems that this world is getting more and more interesting by the day. 

6