Chapter 7 – Estranged
178 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Claire's POV

Dear diary. 

Today i met a strange man, he had similar white hair to myself but his eyes were mismatched. He had a calm and confident air around him, compared to me he probably would make a lot of friends. Friends. I wonder if he would be my friend? No he probably wouldn't, but he did share his bag of chips. No, that's just common courtesy. Of course I'll be alone. Alone. Again. 

-End recording. 

Dear diary. 

Today has been the most exciting day in my life, i made a friend! When i came to class i sat down and started reading my data pad like usual but this time i started hearing rumors about a white haired boy who was challenged to a duel. Apparently he was challenged to a 1 v 5 match, I've never heard of such a thing. For once a duel match had managed to peak my interest, though it was because i was wondering if the white haired boy the rumors mentioned was the boy i met in the library. 

When lunch break came i went to the audience entrance for the duel arena, i sat down and pulled out a sandwich from my storage. I started eating and watched as 5 boys and girls walk in and drew their weapons. Soon a white hair boy, Rezan the boy i met yesterday came in sword in hand. Our eyes made contact and he smiled! He smiled! I hadn't seen someone smile at me since my adopted mother... 

The fight was overwhelming, the opposing team all charged at him at the same time. I was worried if he could handle them but for split second i saw him smile at me again, then he swiftly countered each on of their attacks. Even when they attacked simultaneously he still easily handled them! I was in awe, it seems that the rest of the audience was too. After a few attempts to attack him Rezan suddenly went on the offensive quickly subduing his opponents. He then waited till he was sure they didn't get back up again then left the arena. 

I quickly finished my lunch and ran back to my class, even while the teacher taught i still kept thinking back to the match. His courage, his confidence, his swift moves. They all mesmerised me but what intrigued me the most was his sword, i never saw a blade like his. I'd love to disassemble it and find out how it works. After class i went to the Academy's R&D building, its where students can go and put technical theories into fruition. And there, a white haired boy tinkering with a photon reactor. 

I built up the courage to ask him what he was doing, he answered that he planned to create a more efficient photon reactor to allow photon weapons to have multiple abilities. I was shocked, if such a thing were possible it would cause a revolution in design and military thinking. The GRM corporation would be all over this technology. I ask him if i could help and he agreed so we started work on the design. The process was weird, it felt as if he was just leading me by the nose and teaching me rather than the two of us working together to design it. 

We worked on the design till 6, when we realised that it was getting late. Rezan said goodbye and we parted ways, as i walked back to my dorm i thought back to what we did. Specifically how he handled my eccentricity, ever since i was little i always seemed out of tune with everyone. I never matched the flow of the conversation and people couldn't keep up with me... But him, he could keep up, he easily answered all my problems, he conversed with me without issue. I couldn't believe it at the time but now, now i believe he's the one. He's the one who I can finally connect with, maybe that's why he has that look. 

Mother, i finally did it, i think i made a friend. 

-End... Sobs recording. 

Bit of a shorter chapter, it was hard to write this without relying on dialogue

8