Side chapter 2 – Blitzkrieg
174 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in Belgrade 2 hooded figures are setting up a sniper nest on one of the highest floors of an apartment building. 

-Sir, why did you accept the request? 

-Because it was from the Seraphim. 

-But aren't you two siblings? 

-We're copies of each other. Also i wanted to see what kind of world he got himself in to request my help. 

-Okay then. But it would be nice to sightsee for a few days. 

-Sure, why not. Maybe we can pick up some souvenirs for Fox's kid. 

-I don't think Edward really likes your souvenirs "uncle Snake". 

-Your not one to talk "Big sis Cherié". 

The girl purses her lips unable to give a rebuttal to the mans words. She goes quiet but the silence is soon broken by bombs dropped from hypersonic jets. 

Boom! 

Boom! 

Boom! 

Boom! 

-That's our cue! Grab your rifle we got targets to pop! 

A few minutes earlier 

On the outskirts of Belgrade a regiment of SAS are deployed to assist local Serbian forces in retaking the city from Russian troops that quickly overran the city. Officially the SAS weren't supposed to be here since Britain had taken a neutral stance to the war, but if the Russians were to overrun the balkans then it could lead to russian supremacy in the region and even dominance in the war. The US and Britain thus had been secretly supplying arms and information to the local governments in an attempt to curb or at least bog down russian forces. 

Arthur's POV 

What are we even doing here? We weren't supposed to be deploying boots on the ground to deal with the Russians. Don't the higher ups know that a regiment can't do crap in a full scale battle without being discovered? 

-Hey cap! What the hell are we doing here? 

-No clue, supposedly we've been tasked with overlooking the Battlefield and raid the city when the opportunity arises. 

-And what opportunity is that! Both sides have been in a stalemate since they started. 

As I talked with the captain suddenly a massive swarm of drones and strange aircraft descended and bombed the Russian lines, everything from supplies to tanks were destroyed in the initial bombing run. Of course russian AA and aircraft tried to react but were either destroyed before they could return fire or were simply unable to hit the drones or aircraft. 

After that sudden bombing run we got word from command to head into Belgrade and secure vital positions. I thought that was insane but perhaps command had some new fangled jets that would clear the way for us. We started advancing into the city, other squads in our regiment splitting off to secure their objectives. We encountered a tank platoon in a junction blocking our path to the objective. We definitely weren't prepared to deal with them so we radio command for support. Command told us to find a way around but suddenly another drone strike took out the platoon. Does command not have control over the drones? 

We pushed through the city to reach our objective, a repair depot. As we took out the guards we hear on russian radios about their commanders being taken out by a sniper. Me and the squad weren't sure who was the sniper or even where they were, the reports on the radio had indicated the commanders being killed were on opposite sides of the city. 

After securing the depot we got orders to head to another squad in need of assistance, apparently they got bogged down by a MG nest. As we were heading there we got a radio transmission from someone. The captain started to respond. 

-Oi you brits, i need you head to this plaza. 

-Who are you! 

-I with those airplanes that blew up the Russians. 

-I-i see, what makes you think you can order us around? 

-Because the squad your heading to has already delt with their problem. 

-How did they do that!? 

-A bit of assistance from yours truly. 

-O-okay then, why do we need to head to the plaza? 

-I need you to draw their fire while i pick off their commander, don't worry you'll have air support. 

-Very well then... Alright men! We got new orders!

We headed to the plaza and began opening fire on the troops there, after a short while an APC rolled up and started to fire on us. We quickly took cover before another drone strike took it out. A few minutes later a sniper shot rang out and the commander dropped dead. 

-Thanks, I'll see to it you guys get medals. 

After that, radio silence. Command then ordered us to head to our extraction point, it seems that the other squads completed their tasks. 

At the royal chateau in the alps.

The Queen is patiently awaiting the reporter on the Belgrade battle, she took a risk in deploying troops there. If this fails it could lead to another world war. Eventually a maid comes in and hands her a data pad, she reads through the report and starts to giggle. 

-I can't believe it! I thought he had a trump card but this, this is just absurd! A mysterious airforce and some skilled assassin. That boy, getting me flustered and excited at my age. Oh francesca! Can you get me some tea? Also send the boy some gifts, tell him its a personal thank you. 

-Yes your Majesty, very well. 

6