Chapter 11 – Calm Day
152 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day was surprisingly calm, i got up and check the news to see reports and news coverage of the recent balkans conflict. While i did had a hand in it i really didn't care how it would turn out, I'll let her Majesty handle that. Aside from that i checked on the progress of Epsilon's work. As i was making my way to school since it was a Wednesday Claire came up and greeted me. 

-Good morning. 

-Morning, how are you? 

-Okay, i was wondering if you'd like to go to a café later? I saw an ad for a new one and it looked nice. 

-Oh? A date? 

-Wha! I mean! Umm! You see, i don't have many if at all friends and it's embarrassing to go there alone... 

-Sure, where's the place? 

-I'll send you the details. 

After receiving a text from her we continued our walk to school quietly, i started thinking back to the reports i read from Epsilon about Claire. She's never been able to really interact with people, she either talks too fast or spaces out during conversation. To further complicate things since she grew up in a laboratory she never experienced a normal childhood thus she has few interests that align with others her age. She can easily discuss things that she knows like engineering and technology but otherwise she's just stares unable to reply. Fortunately my conversation skills are atleast somewhat good enough for me to just take the lead or change the conversation so she can talk to me without problems. 

We reached the point where we had to split up, i confirmed our outing and we went to our classes. When i entered the class things were normal, no one challenging me to duels, no one gawking or staring. 

Well isn't that nice, just calm. 

Pure stillness, a regular day. 

I won't be getting many of these. So let's enjoy it. 

During lunch break i headed to the roof of the academy. The view was quite splendid, so i pulled out a lunch pack i had and started to eat. But as i was starting to munch down Vanessa came up and said hello. 

-Hello Rezan. 

-Oh hi Princess, and what do i owe the pleasure? 

-No need to be so formal, just call me Vanessa. 

-Well then Vanessa, what are you doing up here? 

-Same reason you are. 

-Enjoying the view? 

-And getting away from the fanclub for a while. 

-Well that i can't relate to. 

-Don't so humble, there's quite a few out there who very much love the way you handle yourself in a duel. 

-But that's simply for my skill right? 

-They also are quite fond of your polite confidence you always display. 

-Polite confidence, now that's something i haven't heard yet. 

-It fits doesn't it? 

-I suppose so, though my politeness is only because i don't plan on sounding like a smartass. 

-Regardless of the reason, you have attracted quite the following. They are hidden somewhat but I've heard whispers. 

-To think this school is a battlefield of rumors. 

-Gossip and rumours are what enjoy the most discussing. 

-To be expected. Now, how about we actually start eating lunch? The view is great for it. 

-Mind if we swap snacks? 

-Sure. I don't see why not. 

-Great! I've been wondering what sorts of foods you enjoy. 

We sat down on a bench and opened our lunch boxes, exchanging some small parts of our meals that we both thought appetising. We continued chatting before returning to class. As usual i received glares whenever i walked with Vanessa but this time i noticed a few sympathetic or even heated gazes. 

Class went on as usual, amd and once it was over i went back to my dorm and changed clothes. I picked a grey t-shirt with a black cardigan with jeans, i also wore a black and grey striped scarf. I lament the fact that my wardrobe is one shade of grey away from being an emo fashion show but no bright colors really suit my hair, I've always had to contrast it with black or grey. Maybe all white could work, but only with formal outfits. White tuxedo would be nice, would even let me pick other bright colours for accent. 

After pondering my wardrobe problems for a while i went to the meeting point Claire picked. It seems she also reads some more entertaining books in between her scientific perusing. Now, i wonder what that café is like? 

A bit shorter today but its cause i wanted Claire to get a whole chapter for her day in the sun.

5