Side Chapter 3 – The Rest of the Family
136 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Father 

 Billions of light years from Earth there is a solar system roughly the same size as Earth's but filled with dozens of planets all joined together by massive space elevators into a massive multi planet city, some of these planets are man made while some are natural, there are even some dragged from other solar systems or even galaxies to complete the collection. This place suffice to say is the capital of the Vortigaunt Empire Valorright, the political and economic heart of the empire. Of course there are other solar systems or planets that are worthy of the claim of political or economic superpower but none are both and match the might. 

On one of the planets is a massive continent sized Palace beautifully designed and a magnificent achievement to behold, this is the imperial Palace home of the Emperor. Very few know his true name with only his family and close friends who do, he is usually referred to by his many titles earned or given to him over his million year rule, names such as the Crimson King, Eternal Ruler, Deus Imperator. Inside the palace on a majestic throne sits a man who looks like he's barely in his 20s,his crimson hair and eyes matching his coat with a black vest and pants that are equal parts stylish and practical with it being the strongest armour in the universe. An old man walks up and kneels before the crimson man. 

-Rise Mathius, aren't we friends? 

-I still have to show respect "Vert". 

-You say respect but you call me by that name. 

-I have to have a laugh every now and then. 

-Can't you joke about something else? 

-No "Vert". 

-Sigh what did you wish to report on? 

-We've finally found where the accidental discharge of Skyclad 10 ended up. 

-Oh? Took you long enough, i didn't think it would be that hard to find a concentrated energy blast equal to a galaxy. 

-It did have a few million light years headstart. Anyway, we found the blast ended up on Earth 26094. It seems rather than completely obliterating the planet it supercharged its atmosphere with one of the densest concentration of photons we've ever seen. 

-Do we have any assets nearby to investigate?

-Fortunately a 5th prince is already on the planet. 

-Good, then we'll just wait for the report. 

-Very well, i shall take my leave. 

-Won't you stay for a drink? 

-Why don't you ask her? 

-... Oh.. Shit... 

The Emperor looks to his left to see a emerald haired elf woman in a fancy stylish suit walk up. He looks back to where the old man was only to see he has disappeared. 

-... Damn you Mathius. Oh what is it Ursula? 

-I was wondering when we'll have another vacation? The girls are itching to run wild on a 21st century earth. 

-Soon, these past few centuries have been slow so we should have have time to jump realities. 

-Thank you dear. 

She leans into the emperors ear and whispers. 

-We'll have some fun soon enough. 


She then walks away leaving the emperor in a slight daze. 

The 1st born


In the middle of of completely empty space floats a 1 and a half kilometer long battleship, the IVN Pyxis. Her bow plays host to a 200 meter long photonic bladed ram designed to clear away debris in particularly crowded space or as a surprise show of force. After all a 1.5 km ship going nearly the speed the light is a particularly frightening maneuver. Its 3 triple barreled turrets can annihilate ships in a single shot, and its massive torpedo launcher can lock down vast sections of space quickly, the Devastator turret on the keel can destroy continents in a single salvo. Not to mention the drone fighters and point defence she has, her shields can let her fly through suns without issue. 

Inside the ship there is a library filled to the brim with ancient tomes and forbidden texts. A young man with black hair and eyes sits on a leather chair reading a book and sipping a cup of tea. A catgirl with black and white hair in a French maid dress enters with a cart of tea and snacks.

-What is it Emiko? 

-Just here to refill your cup. Also we're soon approaching Earth 35168.

-I see, tell Klara to handle first contact. 

-Very well. 

-Oh but first, come here. I missed having something to brush my hand against. 

The catgirl blushes slightly before sitting on the man's lap, he continues reading his book while putting his cup down on a nearby table before gently patting her head and brushing his fingers through her tail. She purrs in delight. The ship then starts its engines and makes its way to its destination. 

The second son


In a twin star system on the border of the empire is a vast fleet of ships who's numbers near a thousand, there are 500 capital ships not counting their escorts and support craft, and this is fleet is preparing to depart. On board the flagship of this armada the IVN Leviathan the same class as the Pyxis is a man in an admiral outfit with a red and blue flag patch with golden corners on his shoulder, his tan skin and blonde hair with blue eyes may indicate a wild streak but his current aura of dignity and experience overshadows that.

 As his subordinates handle the task of communicating and managing the ships he sits in his chair and thinks about the upcoming invasion. He's known as the greatest strategic genius of the empire, he's never lost a fight and has won in any situation, be it in complete numerical disadvantage or when completely out maneuvered. 

He sits still and thinks, not because this upcoming fight will be difficult but rather its because his daughter. This will be her first large scale fight where she has command of all forces, he worries about how she'll handle herself. As he thinks a woman walks in, in similar admiral outfit as him though with slightly fewer medals. Her long flowing silver hair and bombshell body may attract heated gazes but the chitin mask that covers her right eye and cheek along with the black gauntlet on her left arm may cause some to do a double take. Ever since the accident when she was young the man has always worried about his daughter, he knows about her shame and low self esteem due to the mask and gauntlet. He hopes that she'll be able to confidently command the fleet. 

-Vice admiral November, are you ready to command the fleet? 

-Yes Admiral! I've run simulations and prepared plans. 

-Plans don't survive first contact with the enemy, remember that. Also, you know what i meant. 

-... Yes Father, i know, I'm still worried somewhat. 

-Don't, be confident, a decent plan now is better than a perfect plan never. Just do what your instincts tell you and you'll succeed, after all you have my blood flowing through you. 

-... Still... I still have some reservations. 

-Bah! Don't worry about it! I'm here anyway so just do and Dad will cover you! 

-Yes dad... Thank you.

-Good, here sit on the chair, I'll manage the subordinates. 

The fleet then sets of to invade a Republic bent on trying to topple the empire, as for the success of the invasion, the Empire had lost none of their warships. 

The 3rd son


A massive artificial planet is orbiting a black hole in the center of a galaxy, that planet is Skyclad 9. The Skyclads are massive artificial planets built to be everything from a military base to a luxurious City designed to be a good place to hold first contact meetings with new civilisations or as vacation spots for VIPs of the Empire. The Skyclads were built in command of the emperor and his sons. Skyclad 9 is under the control of the 3rd prince, he has nearly as many titles as his father, titles such as mad scientist, Deadly engineer, Gunslinger, and other technology related names. Currently our mad scientist is researching the black hole and using it as a basis for new gravity based technology. 

-Hmm... If i dedicate a reactor to this then the weight reduction would be... Mumble mumble mumble


As he continued his research two women walk in his lab without him noticing. One has snow white hair tied in a bun with silver eyes and is wearing sleek white jumpsuit with orange highlights, the other has long obsidian hair and black eyes, she wears a red and black armored suit reminiscent of a mix Japanese mechs and futuristic samurai armor. The white haired woman sighs. 

-Sigh I thought if we did his errands he would take a break. 

-You should've known he would continue his experiments Vera. Also his hair is atrocious, its lost its black gloss. 

-i guess you're right Hikari, but i had hoped he'd learn his lesson. Damn his purple eyes have really lost there luster. 

-Shall we? 

-Yeah. 

They sneak up on the deadly engineer and tap his shoulder. 

-Hmm? Oh what is it dears? 

--Darling, didn't we tell you to take a break?--

-Uhh... Okay fine i surrender... 

--Good, now follow us. You've made us and the dolls very worried.--

The two women drag him off while nearly tearing off a flag patch on his shoulder to a place where no prying eyes could see, it seems the Gunslinger will have a long night ahead of him. 

The 4th son


On the other end of the galaxy where the Admiral set off with his fleet is the galactic capital planet Graha. A massive golden castle nearing the height of everest, its the governors mansion. The governor had built this using funds he had acquired from the Empire for secretly assisting in Empires invasion of the galaxy. He had assumed that because of this and the fact that he remained governor but far more wealthy he would have his position secured and his rule rock solid. Unfortunately for him around 500 meters away on top a skyscraper is a cloaked figure wearing a black padded suit of armor and a black scarf fluttering in the wind. In the Empires intelligence service and other such agencies he's known as the Phantom, Ghost, or in some of the more esoteric circles, the black death. 

He is the 4th prince, the embodiment of stealth and invisibility. Master of the Empires assassins and spies. The Empire has 3 flags, red and white for the Empire itself, red and brilliant blue for the Navy, red and emerald green for the Special forces. Secretly there's rumours of a 4th flag, a red and black one for the empire's darkside, used by secret police, spies, assassins, and other secretive individuals. When these flags have golden corners it signifies that its owner is the leader of that part of the Empire. 

The cloaked figure draws a pitch black bow, on his left shoulder is a red and black patch with golden corners. As he lines up his bow with the governors office he activates a magic circle in front his eyes to see what exactly is going on. 

-Let's see, aside from embezzlement and corruption what else shall i add to the rap sheet. Oh, oppressing citizens by removing social safety nets. What else? Oh now your trying to rape your secretary? Oh well just another thing to put the file. 

He looses an arrow and it flies true, for a split second it hits the governor in the heart before disappearing. The governor then drops dead of a heart attack. His secretary quickly dresses herself before running out his office. The cloaked figure disappears from the skyscraper. He reappears in an alley way around a couple miles away from the skyscraper, he walks out into the street and vanishes into the crowd. He stops by a tourist gift shop and buys a few nick nacks. 

-Ekaterina will enjoy these nick nacks for her collection, hmm... I should get some snacks for the others. 

The next day with the governor dead and his crimes exposed the galaxy clamoured for justice and a suitable replacement. The Empire sends a temporary governor that quickly resolves the previous governors errors thus gaining the publics favour and improving the Empires grasp on its new holdings. A few years later an election will be held and the Empire won't even have to rig it to get an Empire friendly governor. 

3