Chapter 23 – Networking
57 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake early in the morning to prepare breakfast, some pancakes, fried eggs, and and a couple of small bowls of salad. I prefer not having meat during breakfast since its a bit greasy, and I'd save the meat for a better lunch or dinner. After setting the table i checked on Claire, looks like she's still asleep. I decided to take a quick shower and when i came out i see Claire stumbling out still looking tired. 

-Are you okay? Still tired? 

-Huh? Oh Rezan... Wait where am i? 

-Your in my dorm, you fell asleep after we set the furniture up. 

-Oh.. Sorry. 

-Nah it's alright, how about some breakfast? 

-Hmm? Smells nice... Pancakes? 

-Yup. C'mon let's eat. 

We sit down and enjoyed the food. After that Claire left to go back to her dorm, i left to visit Vanessa again to check on her condition. When i entered the infirmary i put my hand over her forehead, looks like she'll be up either tomorrow or the day after. I get a call from Epsilon. 

-Yeah? 

-I've managed to get my hands on Intel about where the rest of Mikheal's business went. 

-Really? Where? 

-It got split between the national mafias in the US, the Russian, Italian, Chinese, and Japanese have all gotten a piece of the pie. The leftovers got gobbled by local cartels. 

-Pass the intel to the CIA, tell them that its from us. They'll either handle it or pass it to the FBI. 

-Right. Also we have a bit of a situation. 

-What's the issue? 

-The other info brokers who wanted Mikheal's espionage network wanna talk. 

-About what? They wanna join us or something? 

-Not sure, just heard rumors about the meeting place, a car park in the shadier side of town. 

-I'll go, let's see how this will turn out. Also, you handle the cartels, a bit of a show of force will help establish our presence. 

-Capture or destroy? 

-Destroy, leave nothing behind. 

-Roger! 

I leave the infirmary and walked to the academy gates, i walk through the city enjoying the urban jungle and architecture. The city has had a consistent modern and clean design, this was meant to showcase the "city of tomorrow" but of course if you look closely and in the right places you'll notice things like half finished buildings and other such. Eventually i reach the carpark Epsilon specified, i realized she didn't tell me the meeting time but as i wondered a black SUV rolls up and the doors open revealing a group of armed men in suits. They pull out a briefcase and place it on the hood. They beckoned me to open it and i oblige. I open the briefcase to see that there's a screen on it, there's even a microphone and speakers. I see a man's face with a black mask covering its entirety. 

-I assume you are the representative of Epsilon. 

-You could say that. 

-Then let me introduce myself, i am Oracle. 

-Call me Alpha. 

-Very well Alpha, i have a proposal. 

-And that is? 

-We pool our information together, after all we are the largest information brokers on both sides of the market. Together we can manipulate the world to do whatever we wish, redacting and leaking whatever suits our agenda. 

-An interesting proposal. 

It really is, it would make world domination a lot easier. Even with Epsilon's processing power and sophisticated drones it'll take time to fully network the world's deepest secrets. Hmm, interesting, i can make use of this but i think i have a better plan. 

-Very well Oracle, we accept. We'll start cooperation soon enough. 

-Glad you could see reason, i hope this is the start of a prosperous relationship. 

The men pack up and the get back into their SUV. I pull out my phone and contact Epsilon. 

-Epsilon. 

-Yeah? How'd the meeting go?

-Well, Oracle plans to work with us. I suggest you track them and make him work for us. 

-Roger! I've been having fun using the interrogation rooms. 

-Don't go over board, we don't want people to notice our meddling. 

-Of course, I've been gentle with them. 

-Good. 

After leaving the carpark i head to my usual spot on the shoreside park and pull out a small flask from my storage. I enjoy the sea breeze and the sound of the ocean waves. I think about what I've done so far on this world, I've set up an intelligence network that can snoop out any secret, prepared a fleet of strike craft and a massive navy, nearly taken over the criminal underworld and have nearly every nation in the palm of my hand. Yet it all feels empty, I've done this countless times on different worlds yet this time somethings feel off. Vanessa and Claire stick in my mind unlike the other countless women I've met over my travels. I ponder this for a while, is this what father said when you'll eventually find someone that gets you to think about them no matter what you do? Eldest brother had a similar situation when it came to Annie, she was a simple swordswoman who had amazing compatibility with him. 

I decide to just see where the road takes me, i put the flask back into my storage and make my way back to the dorm. Once there i go through my data pad and start looking around for new homes around the world, wouldn't hurt to have a few holiday mansions now would it? After a few hours of browsing and a small fortune later i get a call, it's from November, my 2nd brother's daughter. I wonder why she's calling me? 

-Hello uncle? Are you there? 

-Yeah, what is it November? 

-Uhm... You see me and the girls managed to conquer the Federation and were wondering if we could head out your way, i heard you found where that energy blast went. 

-I did but are you bringing the whole fleet or just a personal ship? 

-Personal, its just the four of us and we wanted a nice place to party for a few months. 

-Sure, I'll have Epsilon handle the finances. How about we spar for a bit when you girls get here? I'd like to see how you've improved since last time. 

-Okay! Yvonne wanted to have a duel for some time now. 

-Great, when's your arrival time? 

-A few weeks your time? Not really sure we still have to handle the post-war clean up. 

-Very well, I'll be waiting. 

-'kay bye! 

-Bye. 

I hang up and quickly contact Epsilon, i tell her what happened and order her to prep the necessities for their arrival. Good thing i bought those mansions now did i? 

3