Chapter 25 – Invitation
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rezan's POV

The next day i get up slightly sweating since my nieces are coming to visit, if they're bringing their personal ships then that's still 4 capital ships and their escorts. That would make a fleet of 20 ships, even if they're going on one ship that's still 5 space fairing warships. I don't think they'll even try to hide them! No wait maybe they will... November said they wanted to party which means they won't be making official first contact. I think I'll be fine then, regardless of the ship count as long as they rig them for silent running everything should be fine, right? 

After my usual morning routine i go to the infirmary as i enter i see  Vanessa and a maid, seems that she's finally awake. 

-Hey there Vanessa, glad you're awake. 

-Yes, I've heard from Francesca that I've been out for quite some time. 

-Yeah, but I've managed everything so don't worry about it. 

-I heard how you negotiated with the principal about the reward. Thank you. 

-Ah it's no problem, i got what i wanted anyway so that's fine. 

-Still, you have my gratitude. 

-Say, how's your condition? I've checked up on you but i don't know the full extent. 

-I'm fine, i can walk normally, it's just any extraneous activities will have to be put on hold. 

-I see, well that's a start, i suggest you keep the hibiscus close. 

-Why's that? 

-Cause they help, trust me. 

-Okay then. 

We continue chatting as Claire enters the room. She joins in though slightly quieter than usual, she must be shy from the maid. Interestingly the maid notices this and excuses herself from the room. Claire embarrassingly starts to speak up thus confirming my suspicion. Shortly after Vanessa's mother enters the room. 

-Hello Mother. 

-Hello your Majesty. (Rezan) 

-Hello your Majesty... (Claire) 

-Oh hello. I'm so glad you're awake Vanessa, you've made me so anxious. 

-Sorry mother... 

-Ah its fine! You had fun right? 

-Yeah... 

-Aww don't be so down, I'm not mad at you, even if i were Mr. Rezan here smoothed any anger i would have. After all he did give me quite the leverage over the UN. 

-I heard about that. 

-I see Francesca has brought you up to speed. 

-Somewhat, there's a few things we haven't discussed. 

-Oh that's fine, i wanted to tell you that there's a ball taking place in Zurich in a few weeks. And i plan on bringing all of you. Including miss Claire here. 

---What!---

-don't look at me like that Vanessa, you didn't forget did you? 

-No but why bring Rezan and Claire along? 

-Cause they're your friends. And because Rezan here is one of the directors of GRM, and Claire is quite important to them. 

-I.. See... 

-So what about it? Mr Rezan? Miss Claire?

-I'm game. 

-If it's alright then.. Sure.. 

-Wonderful! I'll arrange accommodations. And make clearance with the Academy. 

The Queen then leaves the room to what i assume is to prepare for the ball. Wait a minute.. She said a few weeks, the nieces are coming in a few weeks.. Maybe... Hehehe! Then I'll certainly give them a party to enjoy. I'll have to contact Epsilon for this. 

-I gotta go, i just remembered i had something to do. 

-Oh okay.. 

-Very well, see you later.

-Yeah ciao! 

I quickly leave the room and head back to my dorm, then i contact Epsilon. 

-Epsilon! I have an idea. 

-For what sir? 

-For the nieces! There's a ball in Zurich in a few weeks and if the girls arrive on time then we'll just invite them there. 

-Genius sir! I'll get right on it! 

-Make sure to tell them the dates! I don't want any schedule issues. 

-Understood!

I lay down on the couch and release a sigh of relief. If this goes to plan then i don't have to worry about the girls rampaging thru the red lights of Tokyo or bar hopping in San Francisco. This may not satisfy their party needs since they're all used to Imperial parties which last for days if not weeks but something new and short should calm them down. 

November's POV

With the post war settlement and subsequent suppression of rebel forces and remnants of the Federation done we're finally free to go party! Anna decided we should just take a single Pyxis class and her escorts, she had to argue with father who wanted us to bring our own capital ships and escorts.. I know father is overprotective but that's overkill! Even one Pyxis is enough to subjugate an entire system with ease, and considering what uncle told us about what the earth he found is like then we probably wouldn't even need the escorts. 

As we made our trip there we meandered around taking a look at the other parts of the Federation we didn't directly see, it sure was pretty. A few days later i received a message, it was from uncles assistant Epsilon, apparently there's a ball taking place and we're invited. Uncle must've pulled some strings to get that done huh? I read through the details and set a course directly there, we should be able to make it with time to spare as long as we don't get side tracked.. That may be a problem... 

sorry for the slightly shorter chapter, been having a writer block and need some time to get going again

1